Where does all this Stark hate come from?

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

8 hours ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

The human sacrifices ended centuries of not millennia ago. Meanwhile the Targs likely practiced blood magic, slavery, and human experimentation up until the Doom, and only stopped BECAUSE of the Doom.

The Targaryens were not likely to have practiced human sacrifice.  If the making of Valyrian Steel required sacrifice then there were no shortages of people from which the Targaryens of Dragonstone could have used to make the metal.  A very profitable metal.  The family chose not to because they do not sacrifice humans. The Targaryens are the heroes, the good guys, in the story.  They were spared from the fate of the other Valyrians because they were good.  They are the same family which ruled the Great Empire of the Dawn.  Lord Aenar took his family and his household "slaves" to Dragonstone to save them from the Doom.  And maybe to save Westeros from its own Doom from the evil forces of Ice.  

4 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I'm beginning to think that a solid chunk of recent topic posts are coming from Chat GPT.

Either that or the poster has a list of ready made phrases they can copy paste everywhere.

'Jon Snow betrayed Westeros.'

'Arya is insane.'

'Daenerys is very intelligent for her age.'

'The Targaryens are the good guys.'

'Burn those evil trees.'

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

Either that or the poster has a list of ready made phrases they can copy paste everywhere.

'Jon Snow betrayed Westeros.'

'Arya is insane.'

'Daenerys is very intelligent for her age.'

'The Targaryens are the good guys.'

'Burn those evil trees.'

“Janos the Martyr”

”Robb the Villain”

”Bowen the Hero”

”Walder the Just”

”Catelyn started the War”

”Jon provoked Ramsay.”

The Starks are not sinless, but these arguments are as moronic as those in favour of Ghiscari slavers.

1 hour ago, Rondo said:

The Targaryens were not likely to have practiced human sacrifice.  If the making of Valyrian Steel required sacrifice then there were no shortages of people from which the Targaryens of Dragonstone could have used to make the metal.  A very profitable metal.  The family chose not to because they do not sacrifice humans. The Targaryens are the heroes, the good guys, in the story.  They were spared from the fate of the other Valyrians because they were good.  They are the same family which ruled the Great Empire of the Dawn.  Lord Aenar took his family and his household "slaves" to Dragonstone to save them from the Doom.  And maybe to save Westeros from its own Doom from the evil forces of Ice.  

Nice fanfiction Mr. Benioff or Mr. Weiss.

1 hour ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I'm beginning to think that a solid chunk of recent topic posts are coming from Chat GPT.

I got Chat GPT to produce a poem about Prince Harry’s frost-bitten penis, in the style of John Keats.

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Oh no. I am a JonVal shipper but can't deny all the foreshadowings. 

But there is no foreshadowing for JonSa, thank the OG & the new btw. :ack:

This notion gained a lot of traction w/ the abomination. It’s still silly and won’t ever happen. 

As to the Stark hate… I don’t even mind if someone truly hates all the Starks as long as they manage to keep it ‘real’. And by that I mean, hate them all you want but don’t do any of the following:

a) don’t invent shit that’s not there.

b) don’t twist the text into a misshapen pretzel to try and justify an opinion that is clearly ridiculous & wholly unsupported by the text, i.e.: Slynt.

c) don’t make statements that make you come across as someone who has the reading comprehension of a plastic fern b/c that makes me feel bad for you and I don’t wanna feel bad for you. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But there is no foreshadowing for JonSa, thank the OG & the new btw. :ack:

This notion gained a lot of traction w/ the abomination. It’s still silly and won’t ever happen. 

Abomination that can not be talked about is not my coming point though. I didn't exactly watch the last 2 seasons either(had no tv, was moving around a lot but even if I had probably wouldn't watch) I may have watched a few episodes on 7, can't recall but other than that just watched scenes from youtube. I'm going to open a new JonSa thread soon enough, just waiting for some more quotes.

I'll be naming it Jonan the Barbarian and Red Sansa after a topic a few days back :P

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But there is no foreshadowing for JonSa, thank the OG & the new btw. /cdn-cgi/mirage/d061fbc8a99b74d9127f1b0a19a8d29641ec2a7e3541937299ee1540bc7d0bf1/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_ack.gif

As did Sansaery and Sanrion.  With the latter, Sansa begs Tyrion’s forgiveness for treating him so badly.

11 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

I love the Starks, but even I have to admit that while they’re not monsters, they’re certainly savages. They have a lot more in common with the Free Folk than they’d ever admit, but that’s also how they survive in such a cold and cruel land. They are the standard bearers for the old gods, the ones who will fight to preserve the legacy of the Pact, the ones who remember what is coming for humankind when the Others awaken. That’s the real meaning of their house words. They are guardians against the Others, just like the Night’s Watch. But that also means that they have survived through very savage means. Make of that what you will, but I find it interesting at least. And the Starks do earn their houses’ intense loyalty in a way that House Lannister, Tully, or Baratheon will never earn.

That doesn't sound like savages to me, sounds like heros. Call it what you will though. 

16 minutes ago, SeanF said:

As did Sansaery and Sanrion.  With the latter, Sansa begs Tyrion’s forgiveness for treating him so badly.

Yeah, that’s like diehard Tyrion fan’s #1 wet dream. Yikes. :ack:

I think it is the natural to pick your team and cheer for them. So, obviously there are people on team Dany or Cersei(lol), who inevitably cheer against the Starks.

It doesn't bother me, it is amusing the lengths some will go to slander the Noble, Honourable, and yes, Savage Starks.

I think a few more sacrifices to the trees may have helped the Starks. I'm one for traditions. Once Jon is revived, sacrificing the mutineers' to the trees would be appropriate !! 

On top of that... we are all bored. 

53 minutes ago, Northern Sword said:

This is where I am too. JonVal fits together for me.

Jon/Val will happen to some degree. Though I think Val will be dead by the end of the series. I think it’s a distinct possibility that Jon and Dany get together in some form by the end of the series. With so little time I imagine it’ll be purely political. Jon will be the key to the North, and by that time maybe known as the true Targaryen heir, so marrying them together would solve any succession issues.

26 minutes ago, Northern Sword said:

I think it is the natural to pick your team and cheer for them. So, obviously there there are people on team Dany or Cersei(lol), who inevitably cheer against the Starks.

It doesn't bother me, it is amusing the lengths some will go to slander the Noble, Honourable, and yes, Savage Starks.

I think a few more sacrifices to the trees may have helped the Starks. I'm one for traditions. Once Jon is revived, sacrificing the mutineers' to the trees would be appropriate !! 

On top of that... we are all bored. 

See, that’s ok with me. If you are rooting for the Lannisters that’s fine. But they are clear cut bad guys for the most part. Jaime has come around a bit and looks to be coming around even more later whilst Tyrion has fallen so far and Cersei is gonna be the Mad Queen. 

The issue I take is that like someone else said, people twist or ignore the story or just make stuff up to make the Starks look like monsters on the level of the Targs and Lannisters, and it’s ridiculous.

Just now, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

The issue I take is that like someone else said, people twist or ignore the story or just make stuff up to make the Starks look like monsters on the level of the Targs and Lannisters, and it’s ridiculous.

It's the difference between saying 'Jon's well-meaning but controversial decisions alienated some members of the Watch and lead in part to his assassination' and 'Jon Snow was destroying the Watch and heroic Bowen Marsh just had to stop him, killing Jon was the only thing he could do.'

Archived