Where does all this Stark hate come from?

11 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I think his PR or whomever in America can't be as good as the British ones because there's some stuff in the book that I reckon he would have been told not to publish if he was still here. Like the Taliban comments.

what was his Taliban comments ?

36 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

what was his Taliban comments ?

I think he said that killing them was like removing chess pieces from the board or something to that effect. Apparently it puts people at greater risk of being attacked. The Taliban have called him a 'big mouth loser' in response.

On 1/18/2023 at 9:24 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I mean it’s just completely asinine and pathetic. It’s the same shitty and nonsensical argument almost every time.

You must be referring to all of the posts attacking Daenerys Targaryen.  

I have been here eleven years.  There have always been many people here who like Daenerys and do not like the Starks.  What seems to have changed since the show became popular is the diversity of the membership.  Your posts is rather abrasive, so I think the site administrators should allow me to be at least somewhat abrasive to you and candid.  I don't know if you were here 10-11 years ago, but the emotional maturity level of the Dany haters posting during those years convinced me they were insane.  A few today still do.   They were inept at the very least.  If you want to talk pathetic, it is the attacks on Daenerys who fall into that category.

Look, most people try to be inoffensive and sensitive most of the time.  But when you attack their favorite character, Daenerys, they will express themselves and attack characters they hate, the Starks.  There are more Starks to attack.  And the Starks are idiots.  It is very easy to find something to criticize and attack the Starks for every week.  I don't back down and I hope the others who feel the same way as me will continue to stand their ground.  That may be the difference.  The years brought more mature, more intelligent, more eloquent people to the forums.  

Edited by Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

13 minutes ago, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes said:

I have been here eleven years.  There have always been many people here who like Daenerys and do not like the Starks.  What seems to have changed since the show became popular is the diversity of the membership.  Your posts is rather abrasive, so I think the site administrators should allow me to be at least somewhat abrasive to you and candid.  I don't know if you were here 10-11 years ago, but the emotional maturity level of the Dany haters posting during those years convinced me they were insane.  A few today still do.   They were inept at the very least.  If you want to talk pathetic, it is the attacks on Daenerys who fall into that category.

Look, most people try to be inoffensive and sensitive most of the time.  But when you attack their favorite character, Daenerys, they will express themselves and attack characters they hate, the Starks.  There are more Starks to attack.  And the Starks are idiots.  It is very easy to find something to criticize and attack the Starks for every week.  I don't back down and I hope the others who feel the same way as me will continue to stand their ground.  That may be the difference.  The years brought more mature, more intelligent, more eloquent people to the forums.  

The fact that some people post ignorant shit about Daenerys does not mean that one has to post ignorant shit about the Starks.

Edited by SeanF

5 hours ago, Adelstein said:

Jaime I'll grant you, but Cersei? If anything (rather like a certain modern royal) the more insight I got into what was going on in her head, the less sympathy I had for her. The first books suggested she was a shrewd, calculating political animal who was doing her best to survive in a difficult environment. Once we got her POV, we discovered she was in fact an arrogant, paranoid, and really quite stupid nutter who blunders from one self-created crisis to the next, surviving largely through luck until that eventually runs out.

Right, but we still understand her and maybe even empathize with her, regarding her hatred for her sons killer or the rapist she was married to. Put that in contrast with book 1, "we already have a wolf" lady was just cruel and evil and we didn't really understand where she was coming from.

I also don't think Cersei is that stupid. Like some of her schemes are actually starting to show progress

Just now, Hugorfonics said:

Killed Robert, destroyed Eddard, Tyrion. Spun the rebellions into a holy war and gained herself a private army while being forgiven for faulting on her debts. This business with the Iron Bank. Pushing Tyrell of the throne. A few things 

Robert one was really luck based, she didn't destroy Eddard, Joffrey did, and the Tyrion thing I don't think was a just a scheme because she really seems to think he did it. The Faith Militant is not her private army and has backfired on her since she was charged with adultery. Her stunt with the Iron Bank lead to them backing Stannis. And alienating the Tyrells isn't a good thing as they need their support.

5 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Killed Robert, destroyed Eddard, Tyrion. Spun the rebellions into a holy war and gained herself a private army while being forgiven for faulting on her debts. This business with the Iron Bank. Pushing Tyrell of the throne. A few things 

Her schemes finished up with her being pelted with shit by the mob.

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Robert one was really luck based

What was lucky? That Cersei knew Robert was an alcoholic fool?

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

she didn't destroy Eddard, Joffrey did,

Joff ordered his execution but Cersei outmaneuvered him politically. (Ripping his paper shield)

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

and the Tyrion thing I don't think was a just a scheme because she really seems to think he did it.

She still orchestrated his entire trial. And she certainly too liberties with even her version of the truth

5 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

The Faith Militant is not her private army and has backfired on her since she was charged with adultery

Temporary. Im pretty sure she's gonna win her trial and take control of this new army. Regardless this army will fight her enemies that is Stannis and Stark

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Her stunt with the Iron Bank lead to them backing Stannis.

Which is a terrible plan

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

And alienating the Tyrells isn't a good thing as they need their support.

Tyrell was invested, err, is invested in usurping the throne. So, support, but from a distance.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Her schemes finished up with her being pelted with shit by the mob.

Lmao.

But that's not the finish, right? A shaved and declawed lion, is still a fucking lion

2 hours ago, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes said:

For me it looks as if we are in an outright troll-war here: people start idiotic threads about Daenerys, other people start idiotic threads about the Starks - and vice versa. I have no intention to investigate who "started" it this time (because it's not like we haven't been here, and done that).

A small percent of all threads always was such childish nonsense, but now it seems to me as if the forums mostly consist of this kind of threads and normal conversations are in the minority (see the legion of "xy goes insane"-threads, and that's just one topic).

The main problem is just the behaviour you descripted above (emphasis added by me in bold), the correct answer to troll-threads is: Don't feed the troll!

Or better even, feed them, but feed them fish. So for all the trolls of all factions on the forums here:

<°))))><