Where does all this Stark hate come from?

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

I think that’s what it comes down to. The only anti- Dany threads I’ve seen recently have seemingly been in response to trolling anti-Stark/Jon threads. Tho I’m sure the same is true in reverse.

Daenerys isn’t a perfect ruler or character but at her heart she is a good person. A little selfish to be sure, but she is a 16 year old girl. If we can, and we should, give Robb grace for his mistakes, then so we should for Dany. She will hopefully learn and grow. 

Jon really hasn’t done anything evil at all in the story, other than perhaps separating Gilly from her child. And the only thing he’s done that could be considered endangering the Watch was sending Mance after his sister. But we have to understand is that FUCK RAMSAY. I can’t blame Jon for wanting to save his sister from that monster. Trying to rally the NW and Free Folk against Ramsay was a response to a direct threat from a known psychopath who would 100% follow through. Marching on the Boltons was 100% justifiable as Lord Commander. 

20 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

It has lead to one rebel potential becoming much more of a pain to deal with than was necessary.

Probably. Maybe not. I think the biggest effect that Cerseis default caused was Jon getting paid which is good news for everybody.

But it is possible that Stannis' blank check will frustrate Cersei but it's also possible that they will frustrate Griff or Stark or Greyjoy. 

5 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Killed Robert, destroyed Eddard, Tyrion. Spun the rebellions into a holy war and gained herself a private army while being forgiven for faulting on her debts. This business with the Iron Bank. Pushing Tyrell of the throne. A few things 

Some of her schemes have worked, although many of these were luck. Kiling Robert was lucky. She had no way of disposing of Tyrion until the Tyrells served him to her on a plate. Ned acted suicidally. But more than that, it's not just a question of whether her schemes are working, it's whether her schemes actually serve any useful purpose. She has a tendency to turn minor political bickering into major existential crises. Even if we credit her with it, what was the point in getting rid of Tyrion? They don't like each other but Tyrion was still on her side in the broader scheme of things. She managed to turn one of her house's greatest assets, and their opportunity to take over the North, into a dangerous and vengeful enemy bent on her destruction.

And the Tyrells? She's so jealous of her son's relationship of other women that she decides to torch her house's major strategic alliance. In order to further this goal, she restores the Faith Militant, surrendering one of the most important cornerstones of centralised royal rule and empowering an unpredictable zealot and his mob.

Aerys on his worst day would never.

Bac to the topic at large, I get that there is trolling on both sides, but what I don't understand is why these sides have formed at all. Is it not possible to like both Dany and Jon? To sympathise with both Robb and Stannis? The idea that you have to pick a favourite and then trash all the others in order to big them up seems frankly juvenile.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:01 AM, Corvo the Crow said:

Yeah it didn't get much better after the doom either. They were raping the commonfolk of Dragonstone to such an extent that their spawns eventually got their own name, dragonseeds.  

The damnable Starks were enjoying the "Lord's Right to the First Night" for thousands of years and producing bastards.  Bastards which they were throwing away like garbage.  And that is in addition to the thousands of years of human sacrifice.  The Starks are scum.  

Just now, Rondo said:

The damnable Starks were enjoying the "Lord's Right to the First Night" for thousands of years and producing bastards.  Bastards which they were throwing away like garbage.  And that is in addition to the thousands of years of human sacrifice.  The Starks are scum.  

Rondo, my friend! Here at last! I've been looking everywhere for you.

5 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Are you a real person? Cuz anyone that could form a cohesive thought would be able to call you on that bullshit

2 hours ago, Rondo said:

Valyrians ancestors, Lemurs, were trying to fornicate tree branches.

2 hours ago, Rondo said:

First Night... wasn't that how Orys Baratheon was conceived, by Aegon the Conqueror's father Aerion?

I don't like Jon and Arya.  Most of what I say criticize them.  I will keep on condemning Jon's betrayal of the night's watch.  I think Arya is crazy and will always agree with those who say so.  You have the right to agree with me, argue with me, or ignore me. 

On 1/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I mean it’s just completely asinine and pathetic. It’s the same shitty and nonsensical argument almost every time.

Its ok to find them boring and not enjoy their chapters, it’s personal preference and that’s ok. But to complete misrepresent the story, and historical facts in order to make them seem like monsters is utterly ridiculous and it honestly makes normal readers not take any of your opinions seriously.

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

I don't like Jon and Arya.  Most of what I say criticize them.  I will keep on condemning Jon's betrayal of the night's watch.  I think Arya is crazy and will always agree with those who say so.  You have the right to agree with me, argue with me, or ignore me. 

He betrayed nothing, and if you think he did you must have a different copy of the book than me

2 hours ago, Maegor Targaryen I said:

He betrayed nothing, and if you think he did you must have a different copy of the book than me

I hate Jon -> everything Jon does is wrong -> the conspirators were in the right -> Jon betrayed the Watch -> my hate for Jon is justified

Repeat something similar for Robb/Dany/Rickon/etc. depending on personal preference and make lots of posts about it.

7 minutes ago, Adelstein said:

I hate Jon -> everything Jon does is wrong -> the conspirators were in the right -> Jon betrayed the Watch -> my hate for Jon is justified

Repeat something similar for Robb/Dany/Rickon/etc. depending on personal preference and make lots of posts about it.

It’s so childish.  The equivalent of “my daddy’s bigger than your daddy.”

17 hours ago, Maegor Targaryen I said:

I think that’s what it comes down to. The only anti- Dany threads I’ve seen recently have seemingly been in response to trolling anti-Stark/Jon threads. Tho I’m sure the same is true in reverse.

Daenerys isn’t a perfect ruler or character but at her heart she is a good person. A little selfish to be sure, but she is a 16 year old girl. If we can, and we should, give Robb grace for his mistakes, then so we should for Dany. She will hopefully learn and grow. 

Jon really hasn’t done anything evil at all in the story, other than perhaps separating Gilly from her child. And the only thing he’s done that could be considered endangering the Watch was sending Mance after his sister. But we have to understand is that FUCK RAMSAY. I can’t blame Jon for wanting to save his sister from that monster. Trying to rally the NW and Free Folk against Ramsay was a response to a direct threat from a known psychopath who would 100% follow through. Marching on the Boltons was 100% justifiable as Lord Commander. 

If that is the case Jon's shield hall speech, where he said dealing with Ramsay was none of the NW's business, has to rank as one of the disastrously misjudged calls to arms in fiction.

14 hours ago, Adelstein said:

Some of her schemes have worked, although many of these were luck. Kiling Robert was lucky.

Nah, that dude was a gonner. What was lucky?

She had no way of disposing of Tyrion until the Tyrells served him to her on a plate.

True. She still organized the trial.

Ned acted suicidally.

Easier then Tyrion, harder then Robert.

But more than that, it's not just a question of whether her schemes are working, it's whether her schemes actually serve any useful purpose. She has a tendency to turn minor political bickering into major existential crises. Even if we credit her with it, what was the point in getting rid of Tyrion? They don't like each other but Tyrion was still on her side in the broader scheme of things. She managed to turn one of her house's greatest assets, and their opportunity to take over the North, into a dangerous and vengeful enemy bent on her destruction.

According to her Tyrion is the enemy. I mean, he pretty much tells her that in acok, and that he will get vengeance on her.

And the Tyrells? She's so jealous of her son's relationship of other women that she decides to torch her house's major strategic alliance.

Blackwater is over. The Tyrells have already achieved their usefulness. Honestly, I can't believe she let them get Tommen.

In order to further this goal, she restores the Faith Militant, surrendering one of the most important cornerstones of centralised royal rule and empowering an unpredictable zealot and his mob.

Aerys on his worst day would never

Aerys lost

Bac to the topic at large, I get that there is trolling on both sides, but what I don't understand is why these sides have formed at all. Is it not possible to like both Dany and Jon? To sympathise with both Robb and Stannis? The idea that you have to pick a favourite and then trash all the others in order to big them up seems frankly juvenile.

I feel like its some Twilight shit. Juvenile indeed.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Though, since Sansa's own mind is making stuff up to ship herself with him... :(

I've always viewed this more as Sandor believably having a strong psychological impact on Sansa. She starts as a sheltered and privileged adolescent. She meets someone with a strong presence who tells her things that are the opposite of what's she's always believed or been told. She's troubled and repulsed by him but then her world falls apart and things seem much more like what he was telling her the whole time. To top it off, when she's in real danger he's the one of the few who seems interested in actually protecting her. It seems perfectly natural to me that she would find herself thinking about him a lot. Plus, she's going through puberty which means sex becomes part of every third thought.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:29 AM, Chaircat Meow said:

If that is the case Jon's shield hall speech, where he said dealing with Ramsay was none of the NW's business, has to rank as one of the disastrously misjudged calls to arms in fiction.

It is worse.  Jon revealed his betrayal of the watch and its principles.  He not only interfered with the political games of the north but he also ordered another sworn man of the watch to infiltrate the Boltons' camp.  Mance commits an act of war on behalf of Lord Commander Jon Snow.  Mance and the women broke guest rights while performing duties for Jon.  

55 minutes ago, Rondo said:

It is worse.  Jon revealed his betrayal of the watch and its principles.  He not only interfered with the political games of the north but he also ordered another sworn man of the watch to infiltrate the Boltons' camp.  Mance commits an act of war on behalf of Lord Commander Jon Snow.  Mance and the women broke guest rights while performing duties for Jon.  

Now you are just making shit up, not even intentionally misrepresenting the story. It’s pathetic.

Archived