Victims of Stark Justice: Gared, Janos, and Dareon

James West

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

a child straight up murdering a stranger

Yeah. Dareon is, depending on how you look at him, not very sympathetic, but it was still murder. I made a thread about it and was surprised by how many people were coming up with stuff to try and justify it or claim it wasn't murder.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:33 AM, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, yes, yes. We get it. I promise you, we do get it. You hate the Starks, they’re the sole reason for all the ills of this world. They’re just awful, truly the worst. 
And I wish I had a slow clap gif to close my post. /cdn-cgi/mirage/c993eec74e7d9d8b075b66d2fb68ff3e31d59d6c674473511402c8224863ba36/1440/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_thumbsup.gif

What they said. We get that, you think that the Starks are the worst characters. Enough with the hate already.

I definitely wept for Janos the Saint! the thought of what may become of Bowen -right at everything- Marsh sends me into deep sorrow! alas , Westeros is filled with injustice ... worst among them? the noble ser Gregor's death... to think the hero that rid Westeros of the dragonspawn lives through sorcery is most upsetting...

47 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I definitely wept for Janos the Saint! the thought of what may become of Bowen -right at everything- Marsh sends me into deep sorrow! alas , Westeros is filled with injustice ... worst among them? the noble ser Gregor's death... to think the hero that rid Westeros of the dragonspawn lives through sorcery is most upsetting...

Think of the other fallen heroes! We Stark haters have wept for so many glorious heroes. Vargo the GOAT, Crastor the Clean, Joffrey the Great! 

2 minutes ago, Lord Edmure of Riverrun said:

We Stark haters have wept for so many glorious heroes. Vargo the GOAT, Crastor the Clean, Joffrey the Great! 

Don't forget when Jaime Lannister despicably murdered Good King Aerys. He broke his solemn oath. Aerys was his rightful king and he murdered him.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Victims of Targaryen Justice: Brandon Stark, Rickard Stark, Elbert Arryn, Kyle Royce, Kyle Royce's Unnamed Father, Jeffory Mallister, Jeffory Mallister's Unnamed Father, Ethan Glover's Unnamed Father.

Just to name a few. 

FTFY :)

36 minutes ago, Lord Edmure of Riverrun said:

Think of the other fallen heroes! We Stark haters have wept for so many glorious heroes. Vargo the GOAT, Crastor the Clean, Joffrey the Great! 

I personally wept for Ser Gregor Clegane's stallion when he brutally murdered the horse for only one pitiful reason, Gregor's hurt pride!  He committed the sin of extreme animal cruelty for all to see.  What a bastard!    :bawl:

56 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Victims of Targaryen Justice: Brandon Stark, Rickard Stark, Elbert Arryn, Kyle Royce, Kyle Royce's Unnamed Father, Jeffory Mallister, Jeffory Mallister's Unnamed Father, Ethan Glover's Unnamed Father.

And before anyone goes "Oh but Brandon told Rhaegar to 'come out and die' so it was okay", that still doesn't give Aerys the right to kill all of his companions and their fathers who weren't even there. And the way the 'guilty party' Brandon was treated and killed was unjust anyway. Trial by Combat is a sacred thing, you have to let people do it, other kings have had to let people do it and they had dragons.

And before anyone goes "Brandon and Rickard were plotting against the Targaryens so it was okay" I would like some actual proof for that that isn't Barbrey Dustin's statement, and that still doesn't excuse Aerys killing everyone else and their father, unless you are claiming that all these people, and Ned, and Robert (one of the worst potential people to recruit into your plot in the entire series) were in on this conspiracy we have zero proof and one flimsy piece of 'evidence' for.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

And before anyone goes "Oh but Brandon told Rhaegar to 'come out and die' so it was okay", that still doesn't give Aerys the right to kill all of his companions and their fathers who weren't even there. And the way the 'guilty party' Brandon was treated and killed was unjust anyway. Trial by Combat is a sacred thing, you have to let people do it, other kings have had to let people do it and they had dragons.

And before anyone goes "Brandon and Rickard were plotting against the Targaryens so it was okay" I would like some actual proof for that that isn't Barbrey Dustin's statement, and that still doesn't excuse Aerys killing everyone else and their father, unless you are claiming that all these people, and Ned, and Robert (one of the worst potential people to recruit into your plot in the entire series) were in on this conspiracy we have zero proof and one flimsy piece of 'evidence' for.

and to think all those victims are from one episode of one single Targ ....

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

In other words, don’t even try your tired old bollocks b/c we’ve heard it all and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. :D

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

In other words, don’t even try your tired old bollocks b/c we’ve heard it all and it’s all ridiculous nonsense. :D

I think it might be ignored. One time I made a pre-emptive sarcastic prediction about how 'Jon betrayed the Watch' and lo and behold two people posted just that.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:30 PM, James West said:

1.   Ned Stark beheads a deserter from the Night's Watch who was suffering from PTSD.  The man had an important message.  Unfortunately, the Starks did not take the man seriously and promptly kills him.  How different might the story be if the man's warning was taken seriously.  Westeros would have been better prepared for what is coming.  

2.  Ned's bastard, the lord commander at the Night's Watch, Jon Snow, beheads Janos Slynt.  Janos was a rude man who was initially resistant to go on a suicide mission given to him by Lord Commander Jon Snow.  The execution was a set up.  Jon Snow orchestrated the situation knowing that Janos would most likely resist and thus give him an opportunity to kill the man who was an enemy of his father, Ned Stark.  Read the scene carefully and it is clear that Janos finally agreed to go.  Jon had made his point and already gave a demonstration of breaking the man in public.  Still, Jon convinced himself, made up excuses, to justify what he wanted to do: murder Janos Slynt.  The killing divided the Night's Watch.  Jon put the fear in those who could have given him constructive criticism.  

3.  Arya Stark murders Dareon.  Without hearing Dareon's story, without giving the boy a chance to speak for himself, Arya murders him.  Will knowing the boy's sad story change Arya's mind?  Probably not.  Arya Stark has no idea what true justice is.  She is acting on emotion, hate and silent anger.  

It is no wonder that many here are saying the Starks deserved to fall.  

Those are examples of the Starks' failure to enforce and carry out justice.  There is a lot of hypocrisy surrounding the Stark family and the further the story unfolds the worse they are starting to look. 

2 minutes ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

the further the story unfolds the worse they are starting to look. 

Word.
Only I’m not talking  about the Starks or any other characters in the novels, but this little posse of blind hate you and your TARGA mates have going. 
I won’t tell you to mark my words b/c I’ll be more than happy to remind all of you of all the text-denying, inane, dumb af ‘arguments’ you have put forth over years once Winds is published and you’ll have to eat all this rubbish or vanish from forums - either option works fine for me. :cool4:

2 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Those are examples of the Starks' failure to enforce and carry out justice.  There is a lot of hypocrisy surrounding the Stark family and the further the story unfolds the worse they are starting to look. 

You need to actually read the books and not posts from other vapid Stark haters

On 1/19/2023 at 8:30 PM, James West said:

1.   Ned Stark beheads a deserter from the Night's Watch who was suffering from PTSD.  The man had an important message.  Unfortunately, the Starks did not take the man seriously and promptly kills him.  How different might the story be if the man's warning was taken seriously.  Westeros would have been better prepared for what is coming.  

2.  Ned's bastard, the lord commander at the Night's Watch, Jon Snow, beheads Janos Slynt.  Janos was a rude man who was initially resistant to go on a suicide mission given to him by Lord Commander Jon Snow.  The execution was a set up.  Jon Snow orchestrated the situation knowing that Janos would most likely resist and thus give him an opportunity to kill the man who was an enemy of his father, Ned Stark.  Read the scene carefully and it is clear that Janos finally agreed to go.  Jon had made his point and already gave a demonstration of breaking the man in public.  Still, Jon convinced himself, made up excuses, to justify what he wanted to do: murder Janos Slynt.  The killing divided the Night's Watch.  Jon put the fear in those who could have given him constructive criticism.  

3.  Arya Stark murders Dareon.  Without hearing Dareon's story, without giving the boy a chance to speak for himself, Arya murders him.  Will knowing the boy's sad story change Arya's mind?  Probably not.  Arya Stark has no idea what true justice is.  She is acting on emotion, hate and silent anger.  

It is no wonder that many here are saying the Starks deserved to fall.  

I felt sorry for Gared the most.  Followed by Dareon at second.  Slynt is third but he did not deserve to die.  He deserved fairness from his lord commander and he did not get it. 

Archived