Sansa and Harry the Heir

Craving Peaches

7 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Not sure what that gets him. 

Maybe he pointed it out for her, a kindness. And she became a bit more cautious, decided to steal away from her companions in the middle of the night.

7 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

I think he just has a low opinion of them, and no reason to conceal it.  Brienne also has a low opinion.  But Brienne (being both less wicked and more courteous) appreciates their good qualifies as well?

And that is how Brienne gets herself and possibly Sansa into trouble if she did find her.

She's searching for a girl who's on Cersei's most wanted list, and she wants to rescue Sansa from Cersei. How courteous men are to a woman "looking for her sister" with the features of Sansa - asking every Tom, Dick and Harriet she meets on the road between KL and Duskendale - is not relevant. Any villain can be courteous and fool Brienne at that point. All they have to do is be courteous to Brienne and she trusts them. Instead of using courtesy as a guideline to decide who she should trust, she should pay a little more attention to actions rather than words: Creighton is a blatant liar and he shows up at inns where he has a tab without money, and Ser Illifer claims to be of the Faith but refuses to ride with the High Sparrow . Their choices are inconsistent with their manner and claims about themselves. They may not be villains at heart, but what would they do for a bag of gold? Shadrich apparently can put two and two together. Good hearted Brienne cannot.

Being courteous to them was what made the two hedge knights stick to her like glue, if not for a bag of coin from Cersei, at the very to live on her coin. She felt utterly guilty about leaving them, all because she feels it is not courteous. Conmen rely on a target's fear to be discourteous to a stranger, on their empathic need to help. Varamyr uses this on Thistle. And we witness this play out with Nimble Dick. He wasn't conning her, and a genuine person, but she followed him all the way to Cracklaw Point, and only upon arrival does she realize he may be leading her into a trap. By some fluke of luck, he didn't, but a few deadly men still awaited her and Nimble Dick.

We can infer that Shadrich feels no such social obligation, nor does he hold up a sign to every person on the road "hey, I'm looking for Sansa Stark." Instead he keeps his ears open about gossip about noble houses suddenly gaining a daughter out of nowhere. And that gossip hasn't reached far yet. But it was to be found at Quiet Isle, as are rubies and bones, and a Stranger who can identify Sansa when he sees her.

I love Brienne and I love her ill-fated journey, every wasteful bit of it, but I'm so glad that she didn't find Sansa.

14 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

By the way, did we ever get an explanation as to how Shadrich managed to find Sansa so much sooner than Brienne?

He decided to enters the service of Littlefinger, most likely because he was desperate to get some money, I don’t think that he had any idea about Sansa being in the Vale.

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I love Brienne and I love her ill-fated journey, every wasteful bit of it, but I'm so glad that she didn't find Sansa.

What Sansa needs: a true knight

What Brienne is: a true knight

What Brienne isn't: a subtle true knight

My girls are so hopeless :(

11 minutes ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Well maybe Shadrich will help Brienne find Sansa, because his attempt to kidnap Sansa and get her bounty will blow the cover made by Littlefinger and reveal Sansa's true identity to the Vale and her position in Westeros much sooner than LF wanted.

I suppose it depends on whether he's bad news or a pretty decent guy. I've always been convinced that she will return to Winterfell, but whether it's after she leaves the Vale or towards the end of the series, idk. But there are some theories surrounding Shadrich that could take Sansa in so many different directions (if he successfully kidnaps her.) If he takes her to Varys, Varys may likely present her to fAegon. I doubt he'll return her to KL, since Varys has disappeared and Cersei has lost her power. If she were to return to KL, that would probably take her on a path to Highgarden. The Tyrells would jump on that opportunity. There's a theory of him being a FM (I'm not into this particular theory). And then there's the Shadrich = Howland theory. Here's the link for that one. Or, maybe Shadrich is just Shadrich. Either way, I think there are a few people who may suspect Alayne to be Sansa. Definitely Myranda and probably Yohn Royce. Perhaps even some of the Lords Declarant. And all of these people could easily have different or dangerous intentions. This is why I find the Vale interesting. Sh*t's gonna hit the fan fast, and it may be before Littlefinger has a chance to carry out his plans.

1 hour ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

By the way, did we ever get an explanation as to how Shadrich managed to find Sansa so much sooner than Brienne?

None. But something made him sail for Gulltown.

"She might have gone to the Vale instead," Brienne heard herself blurt out, "to her mother's sister."
Lord Randyll gave her a contemptuous look. "Lady Lysa is dead. Some singer pushed her off a mountain. Littlefinger holds the Eyrie now . . . though not for long. The lords of the Vale are not the sort to bend their knees to some upjumped jackanapes whose only skill is counting coppers.
[...]
Chasing after Ser Dontos had been fruitless, and with Lady Lysa dead the Vale no longer seemed a likely refuge. (aFfC, Brienne III)

News about Littlefinger's daughter "Alayne" does not become public knowledge even in the Vale itself until after Lysa's death it seems: LF has to make a deal with Nestor Royce, whose daughter (a gossip) becomes interested in Alayne, and the Lords Declarant. Most people would not know that LF has no bastard daughter. The sole one who might possibly perk his head up over this would be Sandor imo. He's been in KL most of his life and walked the underbelly of KL where LF has his brothels. The man has a brothel but no known bastard child there.
While the brothers there barely know little news from the outside world, Elder Brother does make a point of knowing much and more. And you can get to Saltpans from there, and Saltpans is a harbor to other ports. Elder brother lives in a cave and a healer. Even if he's a follower of the Faith, he has too many hollow hill connections to be left ignored. Meanwhile Shadrich carries a white mouse with red eyes, can be mistaken for a boy (he's that small) and has a scar beneath his ear. I think he's Howland Reed. And well with rubies and bones and a gravedigger burying knights and knaves...

Archived