What on earth was the Watch going to do with Biter?

Craving Peaches

15 minutes ago, Der_Erste_seines_Namens said:

That would actually make Biter to a form of a stepfather-in-law to Samwell Tarly.

Well, the wives could make Biter the next sacrifice.  At least they wouldn't have to feed him.

17 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Rorge isn't a great recruit but Biter is straight up feral. He can't even speak. What was he supposed to do?

There are some people with disabilities in the Watch. A Follard fella is deaf, for example; the very Halfhand had to retrain himself to wield a sword with the opposite hand. I don't think the Watch makes that distinction.  If the recruit finds a job to do, then it is good enough. If Biter can't adapt, well, he will eventually die or get killed / executed. The Wall is no holiday stake out.

23 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Maybe Biter could become a bit better if separated from Rorge? Though the damage might have been done by that point.

I think they'd need to separate them even just to keep Rorge manageable. If he's got Biter at his back, he'll be harder to control and order around. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Watch normally splits up co-criminals after they join the watch.

Biter and Rorge show up and the Wall.  They eat.  Roll call next morning.  Two bunk mates dead and all their meager belonging missing along with 2 horses.   Yah, there is no way in all 7 hells Rorge or Biter would stick around that place.   

5 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Biter and Rorge show up and the Wall.  They eat.  Roll call next morning.  Two bunk mates dead and all their meager belonging missing along with 2 horses.   Yah, there is no way in all 7 hells Rorge or Biter would stick around that place.   

Which is great b/c then they’re either dealt w/ north of the Wall - I’d like to see them be eaten by a shadowcat; ridding the world of those two would be a good thing, like planting a tree or recycling. If they go south, great too, it’s off w/ their heads then. 

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Which is great b/c then they’re either dealt w/ north of the Wall - I’d like to see them be eaten by a shadowcat; ridding the world of those two would be a good thing, like planting a tree or recycling. If they go south, great too, it’s off w/ their heads then. 

I was thinking maybe they might meet up with The Weeper.

If he's strong enough, heavy lifting, manual labor, that sort of thing.  He could also serve as muscle on rangings, especially if he has any skill with weapons.  Amory Lorch found a use for him and he was scary enough to get put in the black cells, so I'm sure he's capable of doing something the Nights Watch would find useful.  Probably something violent though.

Archived