Football: Fever Pitch

Raja

2 hours ago, Darryk said:

I always feel a lot of sympathy for Everton 'cause like Tottenham they're a club with a grand history that hasn't won anything in ages.

Hey! We won the FA Cup in 1995! That's practically yesterday!

In off the pitch news: We have a verdict in Gräfe vs. German FA (DFB).

The elders will undoubtedly remember that I made a post about this case. For those who don't remember it, here a quick refresher.

The DFB has an age limit for referees. 47 being the limit for referees. Manuel Gräfe thus had to retire after the season 2020-21. He was widely respected as one of the best German referees by the players and the public. He would'Ve like to continue his job lucrative second job and sued the FA over age discrimination, knowing that the verdict will have little impact on his own career. But don't worry, he has found a new job in the TV as an refereeing expert explaining rules/calls to the fans at one of the German public broadcasters.

Anyway the court mostly agreed with him on the issue and awarded him damages amounting to 48.500 €. 

Gonna be interesting to see, what the FA intends with Brych, who will turn 48 in September. Aytekin is also approaching the magical number in 3 years or so.

Okay, the thing about Pellistri is not just that he's direct and can take players on and is two-footed, it's that he does those things while also being able to support the midfield, help with the shape in the buildup. Basically he does all the stuff ETH wants Antony for but he can also be a winger.

Surely he has to be given more chances. 

Wilson has been terrible since the world cup, and Isak looks like he is about to go off.  Need to mix things up, we can't only score 2 goals in 5 games, we are wasting the amazing work our defence is doing.  ASM needs to be starting on the wing, with Joelinton and Bruno in the Middle.  

And we need to buy someone, but not Gordon, this man can not play for my football club. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/everton-worst-fashion-anthony-gordan-27438634

Joelinton got a £29,000 fine and a years ban, only blew 43 (legal limit is 35) shouldn't have done it but that is a one premium lager instead of a normal one (highest score i ever had anyone blow was a 50 year old woman who had been to her fathers funeral, crashed into the bollards outside the police station.  She'd tried to climb out while still in her seatbelt and was upside down, head first on the floor with her legs all tangled up inside the car, she blew over 200. We had to carry her into the station, it was almost 'well done for even getting this far').

16 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Looks like Gordon is trying to force his way out of Everton.

It seems weird that we are interested in him.  Everything i've read suggests we are as interested in character and team fit as much as talent.  He seems a prize ballbag. 

It is a little odd to me that Bournemouth are investing in players like Ouattara and, reportedly, Nicolo Zaniolo, whereas Newcastle, having opened their money days strong with smart signings like Guimaraes and Botman, are now going 'hurr dur Anthony Gordon hurr'. 

On 1/25/2023 at 1:59 AM, Consigliere said:

In more bad news for Everton, there's reports that Bielsa has turned them down.

Bielsa would be a disaster for Everton. He usually gets teams with a preseason where he can get them up to his fitness standards. He also doesn't usually play a particularly structured side, he usually sets up teams pretty naively. Not really who I'd want in a relegation battle. 

On 1/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, Consigliere said:

Reports that Moshiri has put Everton up for sale - will consider either a minority or majority sale. According to the report, Deloitte has been instructed to handle the sale of the club and offers in excess of £500m will be considered.

What did they pay for Everton? You would think the value would have gone down. 

Archived