Like an Historical Theory I guess

Jace, Extat

I have basic, like what-I-learned-in-science-class understanding of these things combined with what I can successfully google y'know? I'm not saying I have discovered some secret truth. It's just like a theory. 

Anyway in, like, the sequel to the first novel I finished the setting is in the Midwest. Where most of Kansas has been turned into a saltwater inland sea, as an effort to reclaim the rest of the interior of the country from desert. It's not just a lake, it's a weather machine. And the entire economy/society is very WildWest but with the universal understanding that they have to protect this process no matter what their individual differences might become. Conflict with limits, eh? 

Didn't finish that story. Its progenitor sucked. Moved on to something else

Anyways, just like "an explanation" or whatever about where such thoughts come from. For persons who care about such things. 

Meahwhile,

The great thing about the POWER OF INTERNET and NOT NEEDING "Traditional" LEARNING pathways or whatever blah blah bullshit Fuckerberg and Musk and all those other shitheads use to justify their leechery? ? ???

The GREAT thing about getting the power (at a price, of course) to learn all by yourself with nobody to ACTUALLY help you learn? 

You never know if you're learning it right. And what's worse, you really can't trust the 'authority' figures (if you can afford a subscription fee [with +++PLUS plus PlUs+++ status membership only] in order to ACCESS one) to even fucking tell you if you're learning it wrong. For all kinds of idiot reasons, some as fuckwitted as they might leave you to drift in ignorance just to avoid having to actually teach you something. Abdication of the very first principal of being any kind of educator or authority on anything at all. To say nothing of responsibilities implicit to such figures.

And you people wonder why your children are killing each other. 

#SwarmLife

30 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I believe that was the affectionate nickname bestowed upon an infant Henry Ford by his loving parents.

Ford had Nazi tendencies but he still was a distant 2nd in bat-shittery to the Kelloggs of Battle Creek on the other side of the state in early industrial age Michigan.

Lets not forget Kellogg was also a big supporter of eugenics as if the pseudo health stuff wasnt nutty enough.:lol:

31 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Jace?

If that’s you, I just saw the name in a like and hunted it down because that’s maybe my favourite forum name I’ve ever seen, for me personally. Anything Diadochi’s my jam. What inspired the change?

In a land of the Monophthalmus the two-eyed bitch is Queen. 

And Queens be dodging lightning bolts

:kiss:

Perception is a powerful tool

Depth, moreso

:D

35 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

What do you mean by FordFuckFistmyself?

Apologies - Deficiency in style

I only meant to illustrate that we spent several weeks and a number of class sessions on corporatist exploiter types, reverentially I meant to make implicit, and then when it came to actual like World Changing events the teacher didn't even know what some of the fucking Key Terms meant. 

Like, I don't really care that I sat there in the class knowing more about some -very specific- history subjects than the "professor". She's a different human being than I am. She surely knows all kinds of things, especially about history, that I do not know. That's why it's great to have huu-maans as teachers and not computer-machines or checklist-obeying Huu-bots being paid slave wages. Right? So, like, I'm not fucking unreasonable. But yo! Yo! She didn't know what ARMISTICE meant! Like, the word! The KEY word. 

I was trying to illustrate ^THAT^ kind of feeling as briefly, and comedically, as I could in order to try and keep a (probably illiterate, by the time I reach my 30s... which is unbearably soon actually) readers attention while moving on to my broader point. 

Yo, I tried to explain to my shrink this past week the magnitude of the challenge in trying to publish something of quality kinda like this: 

1) I have to meet prerequisite publishing standards enforced by people of a generation older than me. Standards are about profitability and market analysis, not quality or prospect 

2) Enforcers, readers, of standard are 10-30 years older than me. Fortunately, THEY CAN READ! Unfortunately, they are the MOST infected of any generation with Box Checky Samey Same IdiotGroup Think disease (BCSSIGT)

- TASK ONE: Write material that passes ^^^^ conditions ^^^^ in blind review in order to gain access to publishing, editing, research, and -in a very basic way- WRITING tools - 

Then, if you actually want to do something with all those words and ideas and fucking heart you put on the page. Well,

^^ THAT ^^ 

That isn't enough. Not if you want to actually achieve something that matters. And not just collect some fucking pennies for the privilege of giving all your ideas away to entities that will profit off you... 

TASK TWO is very straightforward. 

You have to write something that people whose brains were neglected until they turned into impulse-driven mush can, will, and WANT to read. And you have to do it quickly. As quick as you can. Because every day you don't you get to watch your countrymen, your government, and your leaders, talk themselves into a grave that we aren't going to get a chance to climb out of for very much longer. 

Do you have any idea how fucking hard that is? And how hard it is to not let yourself indulge in trying to sell people more bullshit watered-down fluff that is just teaching them to hold their breath a little longer each day as the air turns into poison? Stuff that is Scientifically Designed to make them think they're engaging dynamically with products and platforms, but not too dynamically to upset it or -worse- walk away from it? 

This isn't meant to be a rant. I'm trying to explain to you that whenever I interact with people. Including you people, on this space, I'm working on this problem I've described. How do accomplish TASK TWO in a way that passes muster with TASK ONE. That is my motive. That's why I change my name and act mean when I think it'll inform me. It's not about how I'm acting, to me. 

It's how you people react. 

;) 

I am not naturally a comic

I really do not mean to like, attack specific persons ON the BOARD, and like make them feel bad. I know that I DO do that sometimes. The art gets away from the artist once in a while, y'know? And sometimes there's consequences for that kinda stuff. All useful data for the task described

I have observed that those of my generation will replay comedy shows or standup acts over and over again as 'Background' noise. 

I, myself, go through stretches of maudlin where I love to have something erratically funny on while I focus my primary attentions on another task. So I think that's a real thing. I've observed it in myself and in others. Humor must, therefore, be advantaged in order to convince these fucking idiots to save their planet. 

Sorry, Mr. Martin... hehehe.... hehehe....

"... I see you Dr. Harris." 

... :devil: ... 

But the WhiteWalkers was a little too sub-tle 

Winter never came 'round! Well, it did, but 'cause o' climate change and 'cause we had to go burn the Symbology we, uh, didn't absorb any lessons from this very very Expanse-ive tale and winter was up and over in 90 minutes baby. I ain't castin blame! I know that that was a pair of different silly-willies. But... Well... Shit. I mean, goddamn. I can't even get properly mad at all these stupid motherfuckers I have to call peers, because the people who are supposed to reinforce things like moral resolve and community of purpose have no idea what the fuck they're doing. Yo, that's YOUR JOB as a writer. Or a filmmaker. Or a storyteller, or any level of hangers-on attached to one of those producers-of-tales 

Your JOB is to remind people of their common, COMMON, humanity and the rewards of answering to the best parts of that humanity. 

Well, that was your job eh? 

Archived