What role will the Stormlands play?

Scarn

In TWOW, we get a small glimpse of the Stormlands through Arianne. The Stormlands are probably the least developed as a Kingdom in the story. What can we expect going forward in these next two books? They still have a bit of strength militarily, and some key players are still floating around.

I reckon the Stormlands is where the end for Cersei begins with Aegon taking all.  We will get a nice nasty peek at greyscale and Arianne's foolishness and witness the forming of an army against the ruling house of Westeros.  We will see a long lost sword reappear and who knows?  Perhaps a long gone crown will make an appearance along with a defecting Spider.  That's about it.  The Stormlands will be an easy victory and stage for Aegon to wage his war and get moving.  I don't expect more than 2 chapters, as it should all be pretty easy for the usurper.  

Lemme see:

The Stormlands has one castle anyone has heard of (Storms End). There are a number of characters from there, but I can't think of any that are likely to return home soon.  Barristan, Stannis, Brienne, and Davos come to mind.  

I would guess it will get limited exposure, kind of like the Westlands - though the Reach and Dorne aren't much better.  Not everyplace can be prominent, even in a series as big as this one.  

Archived