Your favorite member of a family?

Lady Stonehearts Simp

As the title suggests, who is your favorite member, historical or otherwise, of a noble family. From great houses to minor ones.

Targaryen: Rhaegar is my favorite, despite how stupid he was running off with Lyanna without informing the Starks of it being consensual, he truly seemed like a fine man. I think he probably would’ve been the greatest King in Westerosi history. But such is the way of GRRM’s world. No matter who your are, or how good you are, a mistake major enough can get you killed.

Stark: Cregan Stark. As much as I love Robb and Ned, Cregan is just an absolute badass. The Hour of the Wolf will be the best part of HOTD.

Tully: Edmure Tully, he is a simple man. But a good one. If I had to pick a lord to live under, he’d be my choice.

Lannister: Jaime, without question one of the most complex characters in the series. Goes from a pure villain to an anti-hero, to a somewhat sympathetic man looking for redemption. Hopefully he finds it.

Greyjoys: Euron Greyjoy. He is one of the most fascinating characters in the series. And one of the most terrifying.

Baratheon: The Mannis. The character I wish most to have a POV of. More complicated than he displays to the world. Would be an excellent King.

Martell: Oberyn, so charismatic, lethal, and a loving character. His fierce love for his family is something to behold.

Tyrell: Willas seems like a very interesting man, I hope we get to meet him.

Lannister: Jaime.  Fascinating character.  Goes from very hateable to almost a decent human being.

Tully: Catelyn.  Great parent.  Raised a brood of solid citizens.  Even Arya, who would be a lot worse without Catelyn's influence.

Martell: Sarella Sand.  Continue your studies and do great things.  And help Sam; he deserves it.

Mormont: Lyanna.  "The King in the North is named STARK."  Yes, he is.

Frey: Perwyn.  Practically the only decent one left.  I have a soft spot for Elmar as well.

Royce: Myranda.  I think she and Sansa might be good friends.  And I see her shaking things up by telling Sansa stuff Baelish won't.

Greyjoy: Asha.  Has some good ideas about the Ironborn future.  Less raiding, more trading.  Plus, she's the only one I can stand.

Targaryen - Maegella. Took care of her mama during her time of grief. Brought her parents back together during one of their quarrels.

Greyjoy - Aeron. He's an odd duck, but I love him. He's the level of drama I aspire to be one day. (I'd love to have a stare down with him.)

Stark - Bran/Sansa. Bran because he is the bravest little man, doesn't allow his disability to hold him back. Sansa because she is kind and isn't bitter or vengeful.

Tyrell - Garlan. Shows genuine kindness towards Sansa. And he wasn't afraid to speak up to Joffrey. "That was ill done, Your Grace."

Dayne - Arthur. Don't like that he helped Rhaegar with his poopy plans, but with all the admiration he receives from other characters, it sounds like he was a wonderful knight. (I may or may not have a crush on him.)

Manderly - Wyman. Loyal to a fault! Never receives sh*t, only serves it.

Targ: Dany

Lannister: Cersei.

Baratheon: Robert, if only because Renly has little characterization, if not i'd go for Renly.

Tully: Cat

Stark: Ned

Greyjoy: Despise them all equally

Martell: Meria

Tyrell: I'm fond of Loras

Arryn: I'd say Jeyne Arryn, it is criminal how important and yet so underused the Arryns are.

I'm only talking about the current ASOIAF story, not throughout history.  I'm not doing Arryn, since there are only two options to pick from: one is a child, and one died right as the story began.

Major Houses:

Stark:  Jon Snow.  If it needs to be someone with the last name Stark, then Ned.

Tully:  Catelyn

Greyjoy:  Asha

Tyrell:  Garlan

Baratheon:  Gendry.  If he doesn't count because he's not "acknowledged", then Shireen.

Martell:  Quentyn

Lannister:  Of the adults, Genna.  Of the children, a tie for Myrcella/Tommen.

Targaryen:  Jon Snow, if he counts.  If not, Maester Aemon.

Minor Houses (only if 3 or more significant characters from a family are in the story):

Mormont:  Dacey

Karstark:  Alys

Manderly:  Wylla

Frey:  Olyvar

Westerling:  Jeyne

The Direwolf Siblings: Ghost

The Dragon Siblings:  Viserion

18 hours ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

As the title suggests, who is your favorite member, historical or otherwise, of a noble family. From great houses to minor ones.

Targaryen: Rhaegar is my favorite, despite how stupid he was running off with Lyanna without informing the Starks of it being consensual, he truly seemed like a fine man. I think he probably would’ve been the greatest King in Westerosi history. But such is the way of GRRM’s world. No matter who your are, or how good you are, a mistake major enough can get you killed.

Stark: Cregan Stark. As much as I love Robb and Ned, Cregan is just an absolute badass. The Hour of the Wolf will be the best part of HOTD.

Tully: Edmure Tully, he is a simple man. But a good one. If I had to pick a lord to live under, he’d be my choice.

Lannister: Jaime, without question one of the most complex characters in the series. Goes from a pure villain to an anti-hero, to a somewhat sympathetic man looking for redemption. Hopefully he finds it.

Greyjoys: Euron Greyjoy. He is one of the most fascinating characters in the series. And one of the most terrifying.

Baratheon: The Mannis. The character I wish most to have a POV of. More complicated than he displays to the world. Would be an excellent King.

Martell: Oberyn, so charismatic, lethal, and a loving character. His fierce love for his family is something to behold.

Tyrell: Willas seems like a very interesting man, I hope we get to meet him.

I’d also like to add, his treatment of Elia near the end is pretty shitty as well.

Stark: all (sorry but I do enjoy all of their chapters)

Targaryen: Baelor Breakspear, Aegon V, Dany

Baratheon: Stannis

Lannister: Jaime

Tully: Edmure

Arryn: no one

Martell: Sarella

Greyjoy: Asha

I'm gonna talk about the current story, not the historical members. 

Stark: Ned . what can I say ? the guy is my Westerosi moral compass! though I like Robb, Sansa, and Bran in that order as well. 

Lannister: Jaimie . to be clear, despite his arc, I still don't count him as one of the protagonists. but I enjoy his chapters very much.  

Targaryen : I must say Rhaegar. despite all of his flaws, I am always curious to know more about this mysterious character, his motives, his personality, plans, etc. 

Martell: Oberyn. although, with the little we know about Elia, I think she potentially must have been a very interesting character. 

Baratheon: I guess Shireen. I just want her to survive. B brothers can go to hell for all I care.

Tully: Cat. I liked her since the moment she took the dagger with her bare hands. she's got flaws, but that move was badass!

Greyjoy : none

Arryn : none

Tyrell: Garlan because he is so Galant :)

I also like Jon Snow, and I don't care which house he fits into.

Baratheon: Stannis

Stark: Jon Snow

Targaryen: Aegon III

Lannister: Tyland

Bracken: Aegor "Bittersteel" Rivers

Tully: Edmure

Tyrell: Garlan

Blackwood: Tytos

Hightower: Samantha

Martell: Arianne (for shallow reasons, I'll be honest)

Archived