In which house would you want to be born to ?

King Jaehaerys II

House Dayne baby!!! Starfall sounds like a nice tropical island which is cool and they got all this cool magic stuff and what not plus I’d have a chance to be Sword of the Morning. 

House Dondarrion has a nice ring to it and a cool sigil. House Reed looks interesting and mysterious and are like right in the middle of Westeros. House Blackwood sounds cool too. There are also a few northern house that sound cool but I’d hate having to live in the “grey waste” that is the north, sounds miserable most of the time. But yeah House Dayne is my favorite. 

1 hour ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Yronwoods maybe? They have mines! I almost picked House Dayne, and tbh I kind of wish I had. I chose money and trade over a beautifully ancient historical house *weeps*. They're one of the oldest houses in Westeros and carry an ancestral sword that was made from a literal star. Their coat of arms is beautiful, and I might be biased as lavender is my favorite color.

I searched and Starfall is basically in Torrentine's plain. geographically speaking, Daynes must have some of the richest lands in Dorne for agriculture. so, they've got the pretty castle, the rich lands , the history, the reputation and , unlike Yornwoods, they are friends of the Martells(who I like a lot!)! Soooo, obviously, after much thought and consideration, I should like to be born a Dayne:P

I love those kind of question because I think way to much about things like that, but I am feeble and change my mind quite a lot. So I cant really think of one house I would want to be from but I can narrow it down to a house per region. So my choice would be: 

Dorne: Well I would really want to be a Dayne, they are just the most interesting house of Dorne to me and they seem to be one of the more powerful house in the realm, at least in Dorne where it can be a third power after the Martell's and Yronwoods, wich  is always useful. There lands seem to be one of the few places in Dorne that is fertile and should be some of the richest lands of Dorne. So Yeah a being a Dayne sounds nice.

Stormlands: For me its a no brainer, I would want to be a Tarth, a fairly rich and powerful house that control a place that seems to be quite a beautiful place if we take Brienne's word. To add to that they seem to me that they should be one of the more powerful house of the stormlands wich is always nice. It is close to the Free city's so a trade hub should be not too hard to put in place, especially if the marble is really that nice, the only problems would be the possible storms and the possible pirates from the Narrow sea. Oh and you can have the super cool name of the Evenstar wich just sounds very badass, and Evenfall Hall looks like a nice place to live.

The Reach: The Rowans seem to be a decent house, if I remenber they're lands are in the north of the Reach wich I think is one of the best place to live after the Conquest in Westeros. They are also quite powerful so again that means that I can play the game to some extend or just stay at home and be one of the richest guy in my region. 

The Riverlands/Crownlands: House Mooton for the win here, they control on of the more strategically placed town in Westeros and should be a prime candidate to become a city. They dont seem to be a very powerful house but it could be that they lost influence after RR, all in all a nice Town ideally placed for trade, it is for me a ideal place to expand one's power, just need to up the defence of the Town and be careful not to end like the Darklyn.

Westerlands: I really dont know here but the Marbrand seem to be decent enougth and I think they have gold mines, plus they seem to be important enougth to have important position in the Lannister court and command structure.

Vale: I think that the Royce would be a very cool house to be apart, they are part of the closed club of being the second power in they're region, and tho they dont directly control Gulltown they seem to own all the lands around it so must have some sort of influence over it. I think I would be content to be a the main threat/ally in my region, tho they seem to have money problems since all they're sons go and do they're own thing, but that first men connection is also cool.

Iron Islands: Quite a easy choice here, I would want to be a Harlaw since they seem to be one of the few house that hase the sense to at least accept foreign influence and are not completely all on board the genocide in waiting that the old way will lead to.

North: Tho the Manderly's and White Harbour is seems to be one of the best place to live in the North, my favourite house up there is the Dustin's, so I would want to be one of them, they have a really cool history and control a decent enoougth town and some of the best farmlands in the North. So I would be part of one of the richer house up there and even if they seem to not have the same level of power under Barbrey that they should have, I could still become one of the main player's in the Northen political arena, will still being loyal to the Stark, unless...

So yeah that would be my pick for what family I would want to be from, If I really had to choose I think it would be between Tarth and Dustin but I would love to be in all the others I mentioned and more lol. 

Hear me out: House Baelish on the fingers. Dude has a cozy little home, a few smallfolk, the ability to do some fishing, and only needs like 1 or 2 men at arms at any given moment. You get thunderstorms from the sea to give you exciting nights, eat a lot of lamb and fish, and according to Sansa's POV, one of the coziest fireplaces in all of Westeros.

22 hours ago, Bendric Dayne said:

House Dayne baby!!! Starfall sounds like a nice tropical island which is cool and they got all this cool magic stuff and what not plus I’d have a chance to be Sword of the Morning. 

House Dondarrion has a nice ring to it and a cool sigil. House Reed looks interesting and mysterious and are like right in the middle of Westeros. House Blackwood sounds cool too. There are also a few northern house that sound cool but I’d hate having to live in the “grey waste” that is the north, sounds miserable most of the time. But yeah House Dayne is my favorite. 

Flipside of house dayne is you are born into it and arent good enough to get sword of the morning :( you spend the rest of your life comparing other swords to it and finding them a bit rubbish in comparison....it eventualy  makes you all emo and edgy and you give yourself a.stupid nickname,.even mutilate a kid or so

11 hours ago, Lord of Oldstones said:

I would like decent sized island lordship as in many cases there is great degree of autonomy. But climate, safety and power wise i would choose to be House Fossoway who are right in the middle of Reach. 

Green or Brown?

6 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Flipside of house dayne is you are born into it and arent good enough to get sword of the morning :( you spend the rest of your life comparing other swords to it and finding them a bit rubbish in comparison....it eventualy  makes you all emo and edgy and you give yourself a.stupid nickname,.even mutilate a kid or so

Hahaha it’s pretty high risk, high reward with House Dayne I suppose. You’re either sword of the morning or you’re out there mutilating children. Although I suppose there’s a third possibility… You’re a kid destined to be sword of the morning five years from now, but all important events in the world will have been resolved by then so you just become irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, CassDarry said:

It's one of my favourites! Brown and black....and a plough

But it's so... boring and dull. It's not distinctive, it's not inspiring. If I were a man-at-arms who had to charge into battle under the Darry standard I'd give up right there and then. This is a world where people have dragons, wolves, stags, krakens, lions etc. on their arms. Even going into battle under a naked lady would be better than going to battle under a ploughman.

"Ah yes, a man ploughing the soil. Our enemies will soil themselves at that, won't they Ser Bettrdedthanred?"

"Ploughing a field? That's peasant work."

11 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

But it's so... boring and dull. It's not distinctive, it's not inspiring. If I were a man-at-arms who had to charge into battle under the Darry standard I'd give up right there and then. This is a world where people have dragons, wolves, stags, krakens, lions etc. on their arms. Even going into battle under a naked lady would be better than going to battle under a ploughman.

"Ah yes, a man ploughing the soil. Our enemies will soil themselves at that, won't they Ser Bettrdedthanred?"

"Ploughing a field? That's peasant work."

Or it means that even the nobles don't mind getting their hands dirty....working alongside the peasants, or maybe not hah!

Either way I would still think it would be fun!

Archived