US Politics: Catch the big crook under the “Big Cone”

Ser Scot A Ellison

RNC Passes Resolution Urging Party To ‘Go On Offense’ With Anti-Abortion Bills In 2024 Run-Up
The document lists abortion alongside slavery, segregation

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ronna-mcdaniel-abortion-rnc

.... The resolution also blames Republicans’ historically weak midterms performance on candidates failing to push their anti-abortion bona fides hard enough.

“Instead of fighting back and exposing Democratic extremism on abortion, many Republican candidates failed to remind Americans of our proud heritage of challenging slavery, segregation, and the forces eroding the family and the sanctity of human life, thereby allowing Democrats to define our longtime position,” the resolution said. ...

10 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I hate that Zestos hosted him… hate it:

Scot, what you have posted so far just said he visited as single Zesto's where one employee fawned over him. Do you have a link that would show upper level management in the company actually "hosted" this visit instead of it being just a single franchise owner? 

28 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Scot, what you have posted so far just said he visited as single Zesto's where one employee fawned over him. Do you have a link that would show upper level management in the company actually "hosted" this visit instead of it being just a single franchise owner? 

Does the Secret Service allow random pit stops like this?

37 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Does the Secret Service allow random pit stops like this?

Why wouldn't they? I know Bill Clinton went out for McDonald's Cheeseburgers a few times. Anyway do you really expect some random manager to refuse Trump service? I think you can enjoy your Zesto's in peace and good conscience. Letting Trump ruin Zesto's for you is letting the terrorists win. 

3 minutes ago, Darzin said:

Why wouldn't they? I know Bill Clinton went out for McDonald's Cheeseburgers a few times. Anyway do you really expect some random manager to refuse Trump service? I think you can enjoy your Zesto's in peace and good conscience. Letting Trump ruin Zesto's for you is letting the terrorists win. 

Another friend pointed out that if they had refused him service it would have been a bigger stink.

21 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Another friend pointed out that if they had refused him service it would have been a bigger stink.

I still think it's high comedy someone would pray for him in the name of Jesus. How low your faith has been sunk buddy. :P

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I still think it's high comedy someone would pray for him in the name of Jesus. How low your faith has been sunk buddy. :P

Right Wing American Jesus is a shitheel. Apparently really into worldly riches and racism, and forgetting he was a Jew.

Right wing Jesus has a different set of Beatitudes.

Blessed are the warmongers, for they shall profit from selling arms;

Blessed are those who seek revenge, for vengeance is satisfying;

Blessed are the rich, for theirs is everything that can be bought;

Blessed are the arrogant, for they can dominate the meek and trod on them;

Blessed are those who celebrate, mourning is for losers;

Blessed are the lawmakers, because they can prosecute the ones they don’t like;

Blessed are those who get their own way, because their way is the only way;

Blessed are the cold hearted, for they don’t need to care for anyone else.

You get the drift.

48 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yes.  Does this mean watching the film “the Birdcage” with children present could lead to a 15 year prison sentence?

Some Like It Hot is often cited as the best comedy ever made. Guess that's gone too. 

58 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yes.  Does this mean watching the film “the Birdcage” with children present could lead to a 15 year prison sentence?

For whatever reason, excerpts from 40's and 50's era cartoons have been appearing on my Facebook feed. Literally every third one features a character in drag.

Fun fact I just looked up.  Biden won the 8 largest counties in North Carolina by 630,000 votes.  Those counties represent 42% of North Carolina's votes (and a higher percentage of the total population).  But nonetheless, Biden lost North Carolina by 74 thousand votes, because the rural parts of the state were just that bad. 

North Carolina was almost exactly 6 points more Republican than the rest of the country in every presidential election since 2008.  Basically, if you are a democrat who wants to win NC, you need to win the national vote by 6 (which only Obama '08 managed).  NC has proven very different from VA and GA, because the suburbs are just not nearly as big.  Thus the Republicans trading suburban voters for increased margins in rural areas is going just fine in North Carolina.  And if GA is our guide, Republicans can probably hope to continue making that trade for a while longer.  In some rural GA counties, Trump won 85-90% of the vote.  In NC, the highest percentage was 80%, and 65-70% was much more common. 

Archived