US Politics: Catch the big crook under the “Big Cone”

Ser Scot A Ellison

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Only if you want to be far less impressive looking and risk a giant intact thing falling on a town. Damnit man, are you trying to kill people? Disintegration is the most cost-efficient method.

Yikes.  Even your jokes don't make any sense.

3 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

Did see a few comments from the far right claiming or speculating that the Chinese balloon was 'spreading Anthrax' or some such.

Also saw mention that the gondola this thing is lugging is bigger than three city busses. That be room for a *lot* of spy gear. Makes me wonder just what kind of surveillance equipment could be that bulky. And if it's heavy as well, then yes, the debris could be an issue.

Finally got is with the 21 year long con anthrax attack.  Post 9/11 America is absolutely reeling

Stepping to the microphone in the sanctuary, a man who introduced himself as a combat Vietnam veteran suggested that the way the party censures politicians — a punishment previously slapped on the late Sen. John McCain, his widow, Cindy, former Gov. Doug Ducey and former Sen. Jeff Flake, among others – was insufficient for the times.

Instead, he said, “We should duct tape people to a tree in a dog park, so the dogs can pee on them. And then, when they’re there for a few hours and they have to crap in their pants, they can wallow in their own shit.”

The State Where the GOP Would Rather Lose Than Change
Faith in elections has risen for most Republicans since 2020. Not in Arizona.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/02/03/arizona-republican-party-election-denialism-lae-00080615

7 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

supposedly, the balloon has moved SE to Kansas, enroute to either North or South Carolina. Which means that Sir Scotts neighbors will probably shoot at it.

Not from Downtown Greenville.  We’re firearms friendly but morons fireing their rifles up into the sky at a balloon will get law enforcement attention.

3 hours ago, kiko said:

Since another one has been spotted over South America, I think we need to worry now.

Only 97 left

Always use the German version. Their language has to sound pretty once in a while. Let them have this one.

55 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Not from Downtown Greenville.  We’re firearms friendly but morons fireing their rifles up into the sky at a balloon will get law enforcement attention.

Are you sure you are not giving your neighbors too much credit?

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My sister (who lives in Fort Mill, SC, just south of the Charlotte) called me to say she could see it to her West. I reasoned I should be able to see it to my East… there it was.  That or another locally launched weather balloon we saw because we happed to be looking.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My sister (who lives in Fort Mill, SC, just south of the Charlotte) called me to say she could see it to her West. I reasoned I should be able to see it to my East… there it was.  That or another locally launched weather balloon we saw because we happed to be looking.

Has everything turned from color to black and white, like reverse Pleasantville? If so, you may have a problem.

Archived