US Politics: Catch the big crook under the “Big Cone”

Ser Scot A Ellison

Maybe the spy balloon caused the accelerated job creation, or dropped inflation to the lowest it’s been since long before most of us were born? Maybe George Santos can help us frame the discussion about guns on the capital floor, or murder video ‘jokes’ about AOC?

On 1/31/2023 at 2:20 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Right wing Jesus has a different set of Beatitudes.

Blessed are the warmongers, for they shall profit from selling arms;

Blessed are those who seek revenge, for vengeance is satisfying;

Blessed are the rich, for theirs is everything that can be bought;

Blessed are the arrogant, for they can dominate the meek and trod on them;

Blessed are those who celebrate, mourning is for losers;

Blessed are the lawmakers, because they can prosecute the ones they don’t like;

Blessed are those who get their own way, because their way is the only way;

Blessed are the cold hearted, for they don’t need to care for anyone else.

You get the drift.

Jesus said, “In the old time, it was said unto you eye for eye, tooth for tooth, but now I say unto you, man’s greatest joy is to slaughter his enemies, to crush them and drive them before him, and to listen to the lamentations of their women.”

16 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Jesus said, “In the old time, it was said unto you eye for eye, tooth for tooth, but now I say unto you, man’s greatest joy is to slaughter his enemies, to crush them and drive them before him, and to listen to the lamentations of their women.”

I'll keep posting this every time:

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

I see you get the drift….

DNC votes to shake up presidential primary calendar
The moves elevates South Carolina to the first-place position in the primary calendar, replacing the Iowa caucuses.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/04/dnc-presidential-primary-calendar-00081206

Members of the Democratic National Committee overwhelmingly approved a dramatic shakeup of the party’s presidential nominating calendar Saturday morning, reordering what states will vote first in primaries and upending a century of political tradition.

The new calendar — recommended by President Joe Biden and his advisers and approved by a majority vote of the DNC — elevates South Carolina to the first-place position in the primary calendar on Feb. 3, replacing the Iowa caucuses, which held the coveted perch for a half-century.

Unfortunately the United States had not choice but to wait until the balloon had passed over the ocean to shoot it down, lest the gaseous Communism within escape and infect God's Country.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Unfortunately the United States had not choice but to wait until the balloon had passed over the ocean to shoot it down, lest the gaseous Communism within escape and infect God's Country.

Apparently the Chinese are reserving the right to “respond” to the destruction of their “peaceful weather balloon”.  :mellow:  Uh huh…

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Apparently the Chinese are reserving the right to “respond” to the destruction of their “peaceful weather balloon”.  :mellow:  Uh huh…

So go fly a thousand peaceful weather balloons over China. 

Saw - and lost track of - a brief blurb about Hunter Biden's legal team going on the offensive, claiming that the R's who acquired the copy of his laptop are guilty of a range of criminal offenses and demanding DOJ investigations. Might actually be a stronger case against them than against him.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:03 PM, ThinkerX said:

and remember, firearms are allowed in these meeting chambers. Given the unstable personalities most likely to carry said firearms into said chambers, how long will it before there is an 'incident?' And will the perpetrator even get arrested, let alone imprisoned and tossed out of congress?

I'd trust the Capitol Police if I were you.  They were outnumbered on January 6, suffered no deaths, and put down Roseann Boyland and Ashley Babbit.  That's a pretty solid kill ratio.

1 hour ago, mcbigski said:

I'd trust the Capitol Police if I were you.  They were outnumbered on January 6, suffered no deaths, and put down Roseann Boyland and Ashley Babbit.  That's a pretty solid kill ratio.

Are the Capital Police inside these meeting chambers during deliberations? 

They were outnumbered on January 6, suffered no deaths, and put down Roseann Boyland and Ashley Babbit.  That's a pretty solid kill ratio.

It takes a pretty sick fuck to talk about the "kill ratio" of the Capitol Police on January 6 and ignore the deaths of Brian Sicknick, Jeffrey Smith, and Howard Liebengood.

They’ve a track record neutralizing fascist magats Babbit even surrounded by a mob.

Unfortunately From what I understand Boyland was just flattened by her fellow magats. 

So maybe not a solid kill ratio.

Archived