What happened to Rohanne Webber ?

King Jaehaerys II

For those who don't know lady Rohanne is a great character in The sworn sword. After the events of the book we know that she became the lady of Casterly Rock after marrying lord Gerold Lannister. They had a lot of children including Tytos Lannister ( Tywin's Father ). Rohanne disappeared under mysterious circumstances in 230 AC. What do you guys think happened ?

3 minutes ago, King Jaehaerys II said:

For those who don't know lady Rohanne is a great character in The sworn sword. After the events of the book we know that she became the lady of Casterly Rock after marrying lord Gerold Lannister. They had a lot of children including Tytos Lannister ( Tywin's Father ). Rohanne disappeared under mysterious circumstances in 230 AC. What do you guys think happened ?

It’s a really weird detail for GRRM to add. My guess is that it was meant for the D&E series. I can only assume that her disappearance has something to do with Dunk. 

I don't know I presume it may tie in with Dunk and with Brienne's ancestry (I'm assuming Dunk was her grandfather).

I found the whole plot twist that she had attracted a Lannister peculiar. I suppose the fact that he was initially a younger son meant he was more free to marry someone with such a minor landholding.

With the deaths of her many husbands and then the deaths of those who stood in the way of Gerold inheriting the Lordship of Casterly Rock, I suppose the idea might be that she engineered all this and then was found out and killed or had to make her escape. Or all the rumours may have meant she had a deadly enemy.

I think its impossible to unravel - its being saved up for another novella.

It's about Sansa, she's a Sansa parallel (easy tell for Sansa parallels is that every anne is, probably deriving from Anne Neville). She's the original player, from a few stones in a paddock to Lady Lannister of the rock.

At some point in the series Sansa is going to contemplate quitting the game by running away from it all, probably suggesting to Sandor she'd be open now to him taking her as he'd propositioned in ACOK, secret plans may even get made. It won't end up happening with Sansa, Rohanne's ending will be an exploration of those thoughts and feelings to come in Sansa's arc.

Generally these historic characters are "What If?" versions of contemporary characters.

Archived