Ranking the Targaryen Kings!!!

King Jaehaerys II

Hard to say without more evidence in some cases, but I’ll try:

Daeron II

Jaehaerys I

Viserys II (I’m counting all the time he ruled under three useless kings. Shame that he raised such a monster of a son to succeed him)

Aegon V (I want to rank him #1 because he seems like the only king who actually cared about his subjects and wasn’t crazy like Baelor, but he couldn’t follow through and he also really let his kids screw things up)

Maekar

Aegon I (mixed bag: I hate that he went around conquering just for his own ambition’s sake, but he did put an end to the infighting for a while)

Baelor (meant well, but he was also a religious zealot)

Aenys

Aegon III

Aegon II

Aerys I

Jaehaerys II

Daeron I (stupid kid who started a war for his own ego’s sake)

Maegor I (for all his faults, he absolutely was right to break the theocracy’s power, Jaehaerys was just lucky he didn’t have to get his hands dirty to finish the job)

Viserys I

Aegon IV

Aerys II

1. Daeron II

2. Aegon I

3. Aegon III

4. Aegon V

5. Maekar

6. Jaeherys I (I think he's overrated! and I think he is responsible for the Dance)

7. Viserys II ( his problem was that he became king, destroyed his mother's legacy and put Aegon first in line! all the while he could groom either Daena or Elaena(if the former's bastard was such a big deal) to be a great queen)

8. Aerys I

9. Rhaenyra (yes, I'm counting her . for all her faults , she was the kind of queen who listened to her advisors. if she didn't have to deal with her brother, she would have made a fine enough queen)

10. Viserys I

11. Daeron I

12. Baelor

13. Jaeherys II

14. Aenys

15. Aerys II (he had some good 20 yrs)

16. Maegor (the guy raped his own niece and killed his nephews . but you gotta give him a point for destroying faith militant!)

17. Aegon IV 

18. Aegon II

1 hour ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Hard to say without more evidence in some cases, but I’ll try:

Daeron II

Jaehaerys I

Viserys II (I’m counting all the time he ruled under three useless kings. Shame that he raised such a monster of a son to succeed him)

Aegon V (I want to rank him #1 because he seems like the only king who actually cared about his subjects and wasn’t crazy like Baelor, but he couldn’t follow through and he also really let his kids screw things up)

Maekar

Aegon I (mixed bag: I hate that he went around conquering just for his own ambition’s sake, but he did put an end to the infighting for a while)

Baelor (meant well, but he was also a religious zealot)

Aenys

Aegon III

Aegon II

Aerys I

Jaehaerys II

Daeron I (stupid kid who started a war for his own ego’s sake)

Maegor I (for all his faults, he absolutely was right to break the theocracy’s power, Jaehaerys was just lucky he didn’t have to get his hands dirty to finish the job)

Viserys I

Aegon IV

Aerys II

Personally, I think Maegor was nowhere near as bad as it’s claimed. I think a smear campaign via Jaeharys and the Faith did him dirty.

20 minutes ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

Personally, I think Maegor was nowhere near as bad as it’s claimed. I think a smear campaign via Jaeharys and the Faith did him dirty.

I mean, he was still a monster, even if I do think the Faith is a toxic organization as well. His usurpation and torture of his relatives, his forged marriages, his slaughter of the builders, that stuff’s still awful.

Just now, Floki of the Ironborn said:

I mean, he was still a monster, even if I do think the Faith is a toxic organization as well. His usurpation and torture of his relatives, his forged marriages, his slaughter of the builders, that stuff’s still awful.

I do think some of it is based in truth but I think some of it is exaggerated or misapplied to Maegor.

2 hours ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

I do think some of it is based in truth but I think some of it is exaggerated or misapplied to Maegor.

I mean, the guy killed 2 of his nephews, raped his niece and two other ladies in a "marriage", and killed 2 of his wives.

1: Aegon I

2: Jaehaerys I

3: Daeron II

4: Aegon III ( I've soft spot for this unfortunate King)

5: Viserys II

6: Maegor

7: Aerys I

8: Aegon V

9: Daeron I

10: Jahaerys II ( Such short reign hardly know anything)

11: Baelor

12: Aenys ( So much a fool...cant he wait for water to settle a bit in before to start incest match? When possible Maegor-Rhaena match had to be stopped by Conquerer himself..im sure there were plenty of Velaryon cousin for his kids to marry) 

13: Maekar ( I dislike kinslayer he killed his brother by his very hand. Add to that all his sons were crazy doesnt reflect well on him)

14: Aegon II

15: Viserys I 

16: Aerys II

17: Aegon IV

The great ones :

None

The good ones:

1-Jaeharys I

2-Jaeharys II

3-Maekar

4-Viserys II

5-Aegon III

The average ones :

6-Baelor

7-Aegon I

8-Aegon V

9-Daeron II

The bad ones

10-Daeron I

11-Aerys I

The awful ones:

12-Viserys I

13-Aenys

14-Maegor

15- Aegon IV

16-Aegon II/Rhaenyra

17- Aerys II

Good ones:

- Daeron II

- Jaehaerys I

- Aegon I

- Viserys II (I am counting his years as Hand)

- Aegon III

Average ones

- Maekar I

- Jaehaerys II (he would have become a good one if he had lived longer)

- Aegon V

Bad ones

- Viserys I

- Aerys I

- Aenys I

- Baelor I

- Daeron I

Terrible ones

- Maegor I

- Aegon II/Rhaenyra

- Aegon IV

- Aerys II