(Spoilers) Why the Cregan Stark overlove?

Right so I’ve just finished Fire and Blood and honestly, I was extremely underwhelmed with how much Cregan Stark was actually on page. He spends what two scenes worth of tv time with Jace in Winterfell and then is just non-existent until the end of the war when he just comes down to the capital, thirsty for blood and just wants to execute a whole bunch of Green and Black supporters, only to be outsmarted by all but 2/3 of them who want to join the Night’s Watch before they’re beheaded.

Am I missing something here and just had too much information to take in whilst reading Fire and Blood that I completely overlooked Cregan‘s badass / big character? Or what?

Honestly, I feel like Roddy the Ruin is more of the character that I was expecting Cregan to be, based on all of the hype built up around him - and even then, Roddy the Ruin may just get the introduction/ screen time that the Greatjon gets in GoT season 1

Cregan Stark is basically that character that is deployed extremely well despite his limited screen (page?) time. He punches far above his weight in terms of making an impression, whereas Roddy the Ruin has a whole book worth of material with which to leave an impact.

I love how Cregan basically tells all these southern plotters and schemers that have torn the realm asunder to just sit down and shut up while he cleans up their mess. If left to their own devices there would’ve been bribery and scheming going on, and people would’ve escaped justice, and the realm would’ve been even worse off. He’s harsh, fair, and takes no shit.

Archived