NFL next- The Superb Owl you hate

DireWolfSpirit

Heh at least were getting Rihanna for what promises to be an alltime great halftime show.

I feel like Philly is going to own the trenches, im picking them, but Mahomes has to be respected to at least not let it be a blowout im guessing.

AKA: The Kelce Bro Bowl

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Payton to the Broncos.  I'm not sure I see the draw for a guy who could choose where he wants to go.

Although once McVey chose to stay put, the Chargers inexplicably kept the guy who has never actually watched a game of football other than the latest Madden, and the Cowboys kept McCarthy; maybe the better spots weren't available to him.  :dunno: 
Just don't think I would want to be in the AFC West for my comeback.

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And DeMeco Ryans officially goes to the Texans with a six year deal.  Good for him and I wish him luck.  (But if I were him, I wouldn't fully unpack my bags.)

Fangio to the Dolphins has been agreed to in principle, but Fangio has reportedly said he's not decided  I'd love for the Niners to swoop in and get him.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Fangio to the Dolphins has been agreed to in principle, but Fangio has reportedly said he's not decided  I'd love for the Niners to swoop in and get him.

Saw that the Niners are interviewing Steve Wilks (Carolina's interim head coach this year)

Apparently the Broncos gave up a 2023 first (from Miami) and a 2024 second (with a third rounder coming back).  That is an amazing haul for New Orleans.  

Broncos gave virtually no draft capital between this and the Wilson trade.  And in both cases they got fleeced.  The broncos are not contenders.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Payton to the Broncos.  I'm not sure I see the draw for a guy who could choose where he wants to go.

Thing is, he couldn't. His contract cost was something like $20m a year and not everyone would pay that, not to mention the draft picks they'd have to give up for him. I think he actually had very limited options.

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Thing is, he couldn't. His contract cost was something like $20m a year and not everyone would pay that, not to mention the draft picks they'd have to give up for him. I think he actually had very limited options.

Exactly what someone whose team didn't get Sean Payton would say. 

I mean, you guys aren't wrong that this team is bi-polar AF. It has no idea what it's doing with itself. 

That being said... 

Russell Wilson + Sean Payton... Are you kidding? Don't overthink it. 

Feel it. ;) 

46 minutes ago, whatever... said:

Exactly what someone whose team didn't get Sean Payton would say. 

Remember, he’s just bitter that his team kept a no talent hack as a head coach instead of being bold and going after my fraternity brother Payton.  (I had forgotten that until literally just now…)

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Saw that the Niners are interviewing Steve Wilks (Carolina's interim head coach this year)

Well the Fangio issue seems to be that's holding out for the Niners.  Dolphins offered to make him highest paid DC in the league apparently.  But he has history with Shanahan and SF did have a much better D this year.  Though Miami's front is weirdly nasty after what seems like decades of just giving it up to the run.  And the secondary was more like a quarternary after injuries this year.

If Wilks is willing to work under McDaniel, I'd go with that too.  The Panthers dumped talent, changed coaches and got better. I know they had a bunch of QB injuries and issues too, but still, Wilks seems solid to me.

Fangio's history with the Niners does not mean they should hire him to replace Ryans.  I'm a big fan of Fangio, but I imagine ShanaLynch anticipated this and are acting accordingly.  Frankly I'm surprised they aren't just promoting from within as they have the past couple years when other teams poach Shanahan's assistants.  Nobody would have any idea who the fuck DeMeco Ryans was if the Jets hadn't hired Robert Saleh.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

A QB who threw two TDs made the Pro Bowl?

End that shit already.

Wouldn't it be funny if that triggered a million dollar bonus! Hey I made the pro bowl, doesn't matter that I was the last possible choice, I still made it!

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Wouldn't it be funny if that triggered a million dollar bonus! Hey I made the pro bowl, doesn't matter that I was the last possible choice, I still made it!

It's wrong and unnatural and I don't like it! 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's wrong and unnatural and I don't like it! 

Which is worse, Huntley or Carr? Carr is now going to represent the Raiders, the team that benched him for the last few games to ensure he didn't get hurt because he has a clause that if he can't pass a physical his next salary is guaranteed right? Now if he gets hurt at the Pro Bowl does that trigger his guaranteed money clause, because that would be awesome. Not him getting hurt of course but just the irony of it all.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Which is worse, Huntley or Carr? Carr is now going to represent the Raiders, the team that benched him for the last few games to ensure he didn't get hurt because he has a clause that if he can't pass a physical his next salary is guaranteed right? Now if he gets hurt at the Pro Bowl does that trigger his guaranteed money clause, because that would be awesome. Not him getting hurt of course but just the irony of it all.

Carr is at least a top half of the league QB, I think. Huntley started 4 games ffs. 

Also, Brady is retiring again. Go get your family back.

Edited by Tywin et al.