NFL next- The Superb Owl you hate

DireWolfSpirit

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Carr is at least a top half of the league QB, I think. Huntley started 1 game ffs. 

Also, Brady is retiring again. Go get your family back.

But... but... but... what are the talking heads supposed to talk about all off season????

Its like a pre SB tradition that at least one of the players gets involved in some type of felony.

Sills, an undrafted free agent who was on the inactive list in Philadelphia’s conference title victory over San Francisco on Sunday, was indicted Tuesday by a Guernsey County grand jury in Ohio.

Reports are getting around that Purdy will need Tommy John surgery after all and the recovery is a full year.  He's out.

Its the Trey Lance show next year.  But man, is it hard to imagine that Shanny the Younger wants to trust a fading Super Bowl winner to a guy who has played four games in the last 4 years...

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Reports are getting around that Purdy will need Tommy John surgery after all and the recovery is a full year.  He's out.

Its the Trey Lance show next year.  But man, is it hard to imagine that Shanny the Younger wants to trust a fading Super Bowl winner to a guy who has played four games in the last 4 years...

Fading? 

Yo, if they weren't ALREADY on their 3rd stringer when the QB went down I think they could have won that game with a backup. 

Even Josh Johnson might have settled in and maaaaaybe given you a shot in some ways. Maaaaaybe. 

But yo, the defense played fucking amazing, all things considered.

I mean I don't know what Lance is worth, really. But don't be too hard on 'em. No offense to Josh Johnson, but he isn't ACTUALLY a backup QB. He's not even a backup's backup. 

Give 'em a break. 

Not sure whether to share it, but I think I have found some the sorta deranged rambling, that puts ty's performance in the NBA thread to shame. It's from another forum.

Trigger warning might contain some degree racism.

Spoiler

Black privilege has reached ridiculous proportions.

Black quarterback Tyler Huntley was named to the Pro Bowl. HE had 2 TDs and 3 interceptions for the year and a quarterback rating below 80, which is bad.

The only reason he's in the Pro Bowl is because he's black. He doesn't deserve it.

Spoiler

Here's another example of black privilege. 

In 2015 Jameis Winston led his team to a 6-10 record. He had a 58.3 completion record threw 22 TDs and 15 interceptions and had an 84.2 quarterback rating

In 2015 Kirk Cousins led his team to an 8-7-1 record. He had a 69.8 completion record, which led the league. He threw 29 TDs and 11 interceptions and had a 101.6 quarterback rating

Cousins clearly had a much better year than Winston. Yet it was Winston that was named to the Pro Bowl.

Winston was picked over Cousins because he was black and Cousins was white. Another example of black privilege

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Not sure whether to share it, but I think I have found some the sorta deranged rambling, that puts ty's performance in the NBA thread to shame. It's from another forum.

Hide contents

In 2015 Jameis Winston led his team to a 6-10 record. He had a 58.3 completion record threw 22 TDs and 15 interceptions and had an 84.2 quarterback rating

In 2015 Kirk Cousins led his team to an 8-7-1 record. He had a 69.8 completion record, which led the league. He threw 29 TDs and 11 interceptions and had a 101.6 quarterback rating

Cousins clearly had a much better year than Winston. Yet it was Winston that was named to the Pro Bowl.

Winston was picked over Cousins because he was black and Cousins was white. Another example of black privilege

Rush Limbaugh has entered the chat...

(Queue Michael Irvin and Tom Jackson nodding sagely.)

17 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Reveal hidden contents

Black privilege has reached ridiculous proportions.

Black quarterback Tyler Huntley was named to the Pro Bowl. HE had 2 TDs and 3 interceptions for the year and a quarterback rating below 80, which is bad.

The only reason he's in the Pro Bowl is because he's black. He doesn't deserve it.

Reveal hidden contents

Yo what did I do?

I'm trying to think about AFC QBs besides KC that aren't Mahomes or golfing this weekend. 

AFC East, no one better than Huntley available.  Weird how Tua finally cleared protocols about 6 hours later but OK.

AFC North, with Jackson out, it would have to be rub and tug guy except yeah optics assuming Burrow isn't an option.

AFC West, OK Russel Wilson sucked this year, but maybe?  Mahomes busy.  Carr, better than Huntley IMO, apparently Hebert is busy with whatever or maybe already there?  I feel like they take three, and he's fine for top three non playing next week and healthy.

AFC South, the Colts were a tire fire.  Trevor Lawrence is probably one of the three.  Tannehill is also injured.

So if only one of Burrow or Hebert can make it and Lawrence is locked in (which I may very well be wrong about), we're looking at what, Mack Jones, Joe Flacco, or some other guy. If Huntley somehow has that bonus in his contract,there's a couple dozen massage therapists he should be buying bouquets for. without a quid pro quo of course.

Edited by mcbigski

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

That's not what I'm seeing, sounds like he's still yet to make a decision.  Both Shanahan and Lynch sounded optimistic he could be ready in 6 months if he opts for a lesser, non-Tommy John surgery.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

That's not what I'm seeing, sounds like he's still yet to make a decision.  Both Shanahan and Lynch sounded optimistic he could be ready in 6 months if he opts for a lesser, non-Tommy John surgery.

Yeah, I saw it on a FB group called 49ers which has always looked pretty solid.  They quoted an ortho I had never heard of.  But then I never saw anything last night.  So I would say that was probably just some doc talking things he had no access to.

Carry on.