NFL next- The Superb Owl you hate

DireWolfSpirit

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Feels relevant to the discussion above.  :lol: 

Well, atm he is ranting about the NFL being a racist organization, that discriminates against white men by not allowing them to play cornerback.

Don't ask. That guy is the real life incarnation of the Whites on South Park.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, atm he is ranting about the NFL being a racist organization, that discriminates against white men by not allowing them to play cornerback.

Don't ask. That guy is the real life incarnation of the Whites on South Park.

Nonsense!  Jason Sehorn was a great cornerback!!!!  And married to Angie Harmon!  :drool:

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, he probably won't.

Flacco got traded when he was 36. Who knows if Jimmy might some day. 

Somewhere in here there's a great Broadway play. I mean if A Gronking to Remember could happen...

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Flacco got traded when he was 36. Who knows if Jimmy might some day. 

That's why I said probably.  Matt Ryan was also traded last year when he was 36, but it's pretty unusual for old quarterbacks.

Grant Cohn’s take, I know he leans negative, but imo the reasoning is sound, is that the Niners being this overtly optimistic about what surgery Purdy needs while he’s in the process of making a decision is them pressuring him to make the ‘right’ decision. 

I’d like to not think it’s true, but otoh I can’t say that’s outside how Shanahan views talent. 

Edited by James Arryn

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

That's why I said probably.  Matt Ryan was also traded last year when he was 36, but it's pretty unusual for old quarterbacks.

If I were the Colts I'd rather have traded for Jimmy than Ryan. The latter was clearly cooked and Jimmy would actually fit really well on what the Colts had going into the season if they just got one real passing threat to make his life easier. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to a bad team to start and then gets traded to a better one who loses their QB midseason next year, especially if his cap hit is low. Dumbasses have been overpaying for Wentz for a few years now and again I'd absolutely take Jimmy over him. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to a bad team to start and then gets traded to a better one who loses their QB midseason next year, especially if his cap hit is low.

I dunno, with all the teams that need QBs, I suspect whomever signs him will want to make more a commitment that that.  And of course, the most likely outcome is almost certainly that he'll be injured again by midseason anyway.

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So what exactly is a “darkness retreat”?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_retreat

Some form of ancient sensory deprivation. Can we just let the guy do shrooms?

Also, I feel confident in guessing that Rodgers has attended a lot of weird sex parties. 

Well, the prior mayor of Scottsdale, a guy who never met a development deal he didn't love, leased Main Street in old town Scottsdale to ESPN for this week before he left office:

Never mind that it is a good thirty miles away from the actual stadium, the NFL is the same group that printed up a bunch of stuff showing the Owl takes place in the Grand Canyon, which is a five hour drive north of the stadium.

ESPN trucks and equipment have completely filled the parking structures for the Civic Center Library, the Center for the Arts, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Scottsdale baseball stadium, the city courts, city hall, the old town shopping district, and the Kiva.  Maybe city functions are on hold this week?

I guess we won't be shopping at the farmer's market this Saturday.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:01 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Flores in as the new Vikes DC. Love the hire. 

Flores knows D.  Might help you guys close the gap with Detroit next year.

I'm stoked about Fangio.  If he also knows clock management and time out usage and can convince McD of the same, there'll be no one to stop us this time.