NFL next- The Superb Owl you hate

DireWolfSpirit

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Florida QB Anthony Richardson-

At 6-foot-4, 244 pounds, Richardson set combine records for a quarterback with a vertical jump of 40.5 inches and a broad jump of 10 feet, 9 inches. Richardson, in his only attempt, then uncorked an official clocking of 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash in Lucas Oil Field.

Dude had a perfect RAS.  He’s an absurd athlete.  

29 minutes ago, briantw said:

I’m glad it won’t be my team rolling the dice on that.  

Nah, they're just hoping your QB doesn't sexually assault someone tonight. Seriously dude, you walked into that:

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Again, I'm more concerned about how slight he is on top of being short. He's going to look like an actual child out there.

But he's only 3 pounds lighter than Murray as well (204 vs 207).  Exactly same height.  He's pretty damn close to exactly the same size as Murray.  And his college resume is quite a bit more solid.

I don't know if he'll do better than Murray, but the idea that you "can't" take him number 1 because of measurements is silly.

13 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

But he's only 3 pounds lighter than Murray as well (204 vs 207).  Exactly same height.  He's pretty damn close to exactly the same size as Murray.  And his college resume is quite a bit more solid.

I don't know if he'll do better than Murray, but the idea that you "can't" take him number 1 because of measurements is silly.

For starters, I wouldn't trust that weight. You can do a lot to push it up for a few days. Just like you can do shit to make your hands seem bigger right before you need them to be measured or improve your 40 time while not impacting your ability to play. We all know there's an entire industry built around manipulating combine results. 

I've said for awhile Murray isn't it and the Cardinals are not going to be a good team paying an 11-16 tier QB likes he's top 5ish. But I'd still rather have Murray than Young.

Edited by Tywin et al.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, Tywin et al. said:

That's the big deal. A number of owners cannot afford to fully guarantee contracts over $200M because they have to put all that money into escrow upfront. The Raiders had to trade Mack because Davis couldn't even put up half of that. 

Dawg I love you

Claws are IN

?

Why did you type this? 

Carr to the Saints.  A bit surprising, I thought they were in salary cap hell and couldn't swing a move like this.  I guess in the NFL it's always possible to create room, but I'm not at all sure this team is going to be any better than the Raiders mess that Carr just left. 

25 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Carr to the Saints.  A bit surprising, I thought they were in salary cap hell and couldn't swing a move like this.  I guess in the NFL it's always possible to create room, but I'm not at all sure this team is going to be any better than the Raiders mess that Carr just left. 

Funny enough, the only person I'd love to get the most out of Mr. Blueeyes is Sean Payton or somebody 

I mean, not even McDaniels could make this TruBelieber work out 

He's won less than 38% of his games as a head coach over three seasons.  His teams have never overachieved, nor shown any particular improvement in young players.  McDaniels sucks. 

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

They're masters at punting their cap hell. 

Also, @Rhom, sup with your mans or do all you weirdo Kentuckians put mayo in your coffee? 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

The salary cap only exists if your GM isn't smart enough to bend it to his will.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

They're masters at punting their cap hell. 

Also, @Rhom, sup with your mans or do all you weirdo Kentuckians put mayo in your coffee? 

Did you see him eat the banana with the peel too?  That's where it all started and it kind of just got bizarre from there.

If I were Lamar Jackson. 

Or rather, if I had his talent/work ethic/ general-situation to combine with my own backstory/worldview...

I'd decide that since the Combine is over or whatever? 

I would be rather over the idea of being traded for anything more valuable than the #32 overall pick. 

Just me though. 

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Did you see him eat the banana with the peel too?  That's where it all started and it kind of just got bizarre from there.

Yeah, I heard about it. Super weird. It's bummer his crippling fear of milk is as real as Kawhi eating apples at a steakhouse though. If he really was I'd encourage fans sitting behind the opposing bench to bring in water balloons.

1 hour ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

If I were Lamar Jackson. 

Or rather, if I had his talent/work ethic/ general-situation to combine with my own backstory/worldview...

I'd decide that since the Combine is over or whatever? 

I would be rather over the idea of being traded for anything more valuable than the #32 overall pick. 

Just me though. 

So for the Ravens it's a good thing he doesn't have a no trade clause.