NFL next- The Superb Owl you hate

DireWolfSpirit

I should be content about that Jalen Ramsey for Hunter Long and a third trade, right?

Most of Jalen Ramsey is way better than none of Byron Jones, even if he has Bristol roots.

Hunter Long might be good but from what I recall from first year o Mike McD, (Durham Smythe = Gesiki)> Hunter Long.  

Don't recall enough targets to have my own opinion on Long but IIRC he's catch first block not really but also not super explosive like the Bristol tight ends.

Edited by mcbigski

9ers sign Javon Hargrave. Interesting move. Because of Kinlaw’s knee and Kochurek’s magic, they had been kind of going with rotations of lower picks or bargain basement signs that then play great and sign big deals elsewhere. This signing seems to signal that they’ve always wanted a star there, and that Kinlaw’s freakish talent kept them hoping he’d be that guy if he could ever stay healthy, but I didn’t think they’re holding their breath and this signing more or less confirms it. I have a general sense of what kind of player he is, but my toddler-caused scarcity of games watched over last few years has left me pretty ignorant of many good players on other teams, so any comments would be welcome.

Dallas made a small ripple, which for them is huge. Traded a 5th round comp pick for Stephon Gillmore. Having him opposite Diggs should improve the def. It really suffered when we lost two starting DB's for the season.

They also resigned Safety Wilson and LB Vander Esch at reasonable deals so I am pretty happy.

No one should be surprised that Rodgers is going to leave Green Bay blaming everyone but himself.  Trying to simultaneously take the high road but still get his shots in is the Rodgers special.

Also, with Rodgers going to the Jets, here's where the conferences stand on quarterbacks

NFC

Above average starting quarterbacks - Hurts, Prescott

Established, decent starting quarterbacks - Fields, Cousins, Carr, Stafford(? could be traded)

AFC

Above average starting quarterbacks - Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, Jackson (?)

Established, decent starting quarterbacks - Jimmy G, Rodgers, Wilson, Tua, Watson

I cannot remember a time when the quarterback discrepancy was this large.  This is worse than the mid 00s when the AFC had Manning, Brady, Rivers and Big Ben and the NFC had just Brees, McNabb, Vick and Eli.

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Trying to figure out if there are any bridges left for Aaron Rodgers to burn down here in Wisconsin...

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

No.  

Idk, he could cause the trade to collapse which would force the team to pay him $60M to stay at home. Listening to clips from his interview leads me to believe he's more done with the Packers (and they're so done with him) than want's to play for the Jets. Nuking the trade could give him the freedom he wants a year from now while also allowing him to get his money. 

I'm actively rooting for this.

Something is brewing in Dallas. They have cut Zeke and restructured a lot of players contracts to free up more money than it appears they need. A big FA or trade for a big name WR? Getting the Diggs new contract done? Not sure but it really seems like they are gearing up for something.