George Santos - any precedents?

Castellan

I could only think of John Stonehouse, the UK MP, but that was a bit different. He was a liar, forger and fraud who thought he could get away with leaving his clothes on a beach in Miami and starting a new life in Australia. (He used the identities of two of his dead constituents in doing so.) It has the same crazy out there flavour as George Santos but he wasn't a complete fabulist.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-16/truth-john-stonehouse-british-mp-fake-death-drama-series/101840138

Its a pity Santos has been removed from committees, the press would be waiting with bated breath to see what he said on them.

3 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I wonder if he invented penicillin. Surely he must have.

He did it in his spare time while teaching Bruce Lee everything he knows. To be fair though, we'd all need some side projects if we were in charge of Area 51. 

6 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

You say fabulist, I say fabulous! It’s criminal how poorly he’s being treated, actually. George is innocent!

He does have a strange kind of innocence. Like innocent of the notion of truth and lies, free of fear of being caught out. He has been treated poorly. A crummy seat in the house.

George Santos was single-handedly responsible for both the Tom Brady / Giselle Bundchen divorce and also the return of early oughts fashion.

We can only blame Mr. Santis for the “new” crop tops and the resurgence of low-rise jeans, although he may have done this under the name “Anthony Devolder”; it remains unclear.

4 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

George Santos was single-handedly responsible for both the Tom Brady / Giselle Bundchen divorce and also the return of early oughts fashion.

You've gone too far. That really was Tom's fault. However,

Unrelated, he was the one who figured out how to create Ligers. The idea came to him after he wrote The Island of Dr. Moreau. 

The obvious precedent is Trump, who also got elected while lying about just about everything and making shit up that he thought was impressive.

The difference is his lies were public knowledge before the election.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

The obvious precedent is Trump, who also got elected while lying about just about everything and making shit up that he thought was impressive.

The difference is his lies were public knowledge before the election.

After reading about George Santos, though, the only thing that seemed to be fact was that he'd worked in a call centre for a a short period of time, and had had a drag queen act. There are more documented facts about Trump, even if unpleasant.

I'm thinking about visiting George and asking for a job since he fired Derek, the guy who was a bad influence and the real reason for all the political scandals. Given George's sense of sprezzatura, I'm thinking about wearing something fashionable but professional; or maybe go casual; or if it's too hot in D.C., maybe one of these.

Archived