HOTD Musings

6 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

That is missing the Cargyll attempt which definitely should take place prior to Rook's Rest and be the direct payback for Blood and Cheese. I don't think this would make much sense after Rook's Rest - also, of course, because it takes place earlier chronologically.

I forgot about the Cargyl twins. I would put their duel in episode 3 then.

I wonder if they will fill the Kingsguards' slot in the show or not. Right now Rhaenyra has three (Lorent Marbrand, Erryk Cargyll and Steffon Darklyn) and Aegon II has three (Criston Cole, Arryk Cargyll, unnamed 7th Viserys' Kingsguard). Old Harrold Westerling's whereabouts are unknown. I'm guessing the unnamed Kingsguard is either Willis Fell or Rickard Thorne.

After the Blood and Cheese incident and the Cargyll twins duel, both monarchs should fill up their Kings/Queensguard for more security.

21 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Would also be very much surprised if Jace wasted so much time on his tour and if Meleys were the only Black dragon at Rook's Rest in the show. Pretty sure they are setting Rhaenys up to martyr herself to save Rhaenyra. They gave her this silly 'Is she worthy to be the queen' plot in season 1, so the obvious payoff for that is Rhaenys sacrificing herself to save the queen she chose in the end.

Jace would be back on Dragonstone by episode 3 or 4. It's not like he has anything to do before the Sowing of the Seeds in the last few episodes of the season. I'm sure HBO wouldn't mind spending a bit more time in Winterfell, especially if they cut the Three Sisters and White Harbor part of Jace's voyage. Book-Jace had several stops and stayed for a substantial amount of time in Winterfell (hunting, training, growing friendship with Cregan, growing romance with Sara Snow) so I would be surprised to have him come back to Dragonstone as early as episode 2. Basically what I'm trying to say is more Stark time and less time of Jace doing nothing on Dragonstone before the Sowing of the Seeds.

31 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If they want to have the moping Corlys plot he could blame Rhaenyra not for her cowardice as in the book but by blaming her more abstractly, for existing, for convincing Rhaenys that her cause was worth dying for.

I'm intrigued by how the Velaryon dynamic (Corlys/Rhaenys/Velaryon fleet/Seasmoke/Laenor/Addam and Alyn) will be depicted this season but I have no idea how they will do it. Is the fact that Rhaenys dies "early" a way to not complicate things too much with Corlys's bastards ?

22 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

That is missing the Cargyll attempt which definitely should take place prior to Rook's Rest and be the direct payback for Blood and Cheese. I don't think this would make much sense after Rook's Rest - also, of course, because it takes place earlier chronologically.

Would also be very much surprised if Jace wasted so much time on his tour and if Meleys were the only Black dragon at Rook's Rest in the show. Pretty sure they are setting Rhaenys up to martyr herself to save Rhaenyra. They gave her this silly 'Is she worthy to be the queen' plot in season 1, so the obvious payoff for that is Rhaenys sacrificing herself to save the queen she chose in the end.

If they want to have the moping Corlys plot he could blame Rhaenyra not for her cowardice as in the book but by blaming her more abstractly, for existing, for convincing Rhaenys that her cause was worth dying for.

Well, Corlys did say that Rhaenyra destroys everything she touches in the S1 finale. He may even blame her for sending Luke to Storm’s End, since it was established that he has a bond with his grandsons. 

If B&C is in E2, then the Cargylls will probably be in E3. Judging by how quick the first season was, I think this is well within the pacing the show established.

S1 went to such extraordinary lengths to make Daemon explicitly evil—murdering Rhea, abusing Rhaenyra, neglecting his children, reveling in careless violence—that I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t order B&C in the show. If anything, the writers seem to be trying to avoid the Daenerys conundrum again—rather than having fans go, “How could Daemon do this? He was never that cruel!” they’ve established that yes, he definitely was. No one aside from the most hardcore Twitter stans can claim that the guy who beat his wife to death and doesn’t even care about his own kids would kill Aegon’s son.

Mysaria is the trickier one. Having her go from “vee must protect dee eenocent childreen” in one episode to this in the next is a whiplash. It would only make sense if she sent B&C to kill Alicent instead and they managed to screw it up.

The thing about “Rhaenyra the Cruel” is that it really isn’t propaganda in this instance. Rhaenyra isn’t just a person, she’s also a political leader, and Daemon is her consort. If he takes it upon himself to assassinate Aegon’s heir, even if he does so without telling his wife, that still reflects on her. Marie Antoinette never said “let them eat cake,” but people believed she did, and that reflected on Louis XVI and contributed to his downfall. And unlike Louis, Rhaenyra sought out Daemon and proposed the marriage between them.

9 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I forgot about the Cargyl twins. I would put their duel in episode 3 then.

I think that thing should be bigger in the show, with there actually be more casualities there than the twins - like, have the guy go after little Aegon and Viserys in their nursery or wherever they are kept, and have some women getting themselves killed to save the boys - a variation of the attempt of Alysanne at Maidenpool. Then could the other guy come in and we could get a short and bloody duel.

I wonder if they will fill the Kingsguards' slot in the show or not. Right now Rhaenyra has three (Lorent Marbrand, Erryk Cargyll and Steffon Darklyn) and Aegon II has three (Criston Cole, Arryk Cargyll, unnamed 7th Viserys' Kingsguard). Old Harrold Westerling's whereabouts are unknown. I'm guessing the unnamed Kingsguard is either Willis Fell or Rickard Thorne.

I'm not sure any side ever actually filled their KG to the full number. They may have decided to postpone that until the war was won. Although Rhaenyra may fill hers after she takes the throne, I guess. Also Aegon II seems to have filled after his restoration.

Thorne and Fell are a must in the show, I think, but they could come in/feature only when needed. Once Westerling is gone there would be room for another KG.

Jace would be back on Dragonstone by episode 3 or 4. It's not like he has anything to do before the Sowing of the Seeds in the last few episodes of the season. I'm sure HBO wouldn't mind spending a bit more time in Winterfell, especially if they cut the Three Sisters and White Harbor part of Jace's voyage. Book-Jace had several stops and stayed for a substantial amount of time in Winterfell (hunting, training, growing friendship with Cregan, growing romance with Sara Snow) so I would be surprised to have him come back to Dragonstone as early as episode 2. Basically what I'm trying to say is more Stark time and less time of Jace doing nothing on Dragonstone before the Sowing of the Seeds.

I don't really care for 'Stark time' if the pacing goes like that. There is no payoff nor point to any of that. Give them some shots where they talk, do the Sara thing or not, but don't waste time hanging around with people who we are only going to see again in the show finale - or shortly before that.

Jace would also not be necessary for the Sowing, as show Rhaenyra's is no weak-willed woman not caring what happens in her castle. She will be there and she will make the call. Jace can at best be a good second-in-command to his mother - a role they set up for him in the season finale - but not a leader in his own right as he kind of was in the book.

If there is more stuff for him to do they would have to invent it - have him flying around more, perhaps inspire the Black Reach lords to challenge the Hightowers.

Also, of course, Baela and Rhaena need stuff to do.

Rhaenyra could actually go incognito to KL for some reason.

9 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Well, Corlys did say that Rhaenyra destroys everything she touches in the S1 finale. He may even blame her for sending Luke to Storm’s End, since it was established that he has a bond with his grandsons. 

From what we heard Corlys will apparently be very angry over Luke's murder, demanding vengeance. The idea he would presume to feel more stricken over the death of Rhaenyra's son as she herself is feels weird.

With Rhaenys it could be different - and if they go with that it could also be more an unintentional thing - Corlys being just angry emotionally while rationally knowing that Rhaenyra is not to blame for Rhaenys' death. Which she also wasn't in the book as Rhaenys volunteered and, in the end, decided to fly into the dragon's mouth rather than trying to get away.

S1 went to such extraordinary lengths to make Daemon explicitly evil—murdering Rhea, abusing Rhaenyra, neglecting his children, reveling in careless violence—that I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t order B&C in the show. If anything, the writers seem to be trying to avoid the Daenerys conundrum again—rather than having fans go, “How could Daemon do this? He was never that cruel!” they’ve established that yes, he definitely was. No one aside from the most hardcore Twitter stans can claim that the guy who beat his wife to death and doesn’t even care about his own kids would kill Aegon’s son.

After rewatching Rhea's death scene I actually have to disagree there. He doesn't cause the horse to fall ... and he then kills a woman who is apparently paralysed from the neck downwards. He gives her the mercy killing Robert wanted to give to Bran (who at least could still use his arms). And you even can interpret Rhea's last words as begging him to kill her - she wants him to finish, which, in this context, means to kill her. She would not survive such a paralysis for long in this world, anyway.

That said - he might very well have gone there with the intention to kill her. But he just stands there, the horse throws Rhea because it sense her fear. It wasn't Daemon.

While Daemon certainly is capable of having Jaehaerys murdered - it makes no sense politically. Daemon lectures Rhaenyra in season 1 that public opinion is important, so murdering an innocent child in her name is the last thing he should want to do ... if he cares that their side prevails. Which he still does at that point.

It makes sense for them to authorize a murder - but not one of the children.

Mysaria is the trickier one. Having her go from “vee must protect dee eenocent childreen” in one episode to this in the next is a whiplash. It would only make sense if she sent B&C to kill Alicent instead and they managed to screw it up.

Nope, that works pretty fine, as Mysaria champions commoner children, not degenerate royal children who might grow up to become fucking Aegon II. She gave the Greens their king, enabled them to pull off their coup and have the early coronation they wanted ... and Alicent thanks her by burning down her house - which, I'm sure, killed a lot of her people, many of them children she cared about.

In context we have also to keep in mind that show Daemon has no sway over Mysaria anymore. They were history even when Daemon returned from the Stepstones in episode 4. Why should she do his bidding as he wants her to do it in the show? I'm sure he might reach out to her somehow ... but she will tell him that she will see to the details as she sees fit.

And there is also the issue of Blood and Cheese themselves running amok. I think there is a good chance, even in the book, that they themselves picked their own target, without checking back with Daemon or even Mysaria. The whole thing was covert infiltration and assassination, not some corporate conference call.

The thing about “Rhaenyra the Cruel” is that it really isn’t propaganda in this instance. Rhaenyra isn’t just a person, she’s also a political leader, and Daemon is her consort. If he takes it upon himself to assassinate Aegon’s heir, even if he does so without telling his wife, that still reflects on her. Marie Antoinette never said “let them eat cake,” but people believed she did, and that reflected on Louis XVI and contributed to his downfall. And unlike Louis, Rhaenyra sought out Daemon and proposed the marriage between them.

It is propaganda in the sense that she likely don't wants this - but the propaganda will paint her as the one commanding it. Yes, you are also responsible for things done in your name in this context, but propaganda and historiography care/want you to be personally responsible. The difference is there.

But the Greens spreading propaganda won't know if Rhaenyra or Daemon or Mysaria or whoever actually commanded what happened. They will blame her, personally. Not 'the system Rhaenyra'.

Thinking about more about context - sparing Alicent's life is even more irritating in light of the blood price Rhaenyra has already paid when she takes the throne - Luke, Rhaenys, Jace, and Viserys have died (or so she thinks) whilst Alicent has only lost Jaehaerys so far. Aegon is merely injured and Helaena broken, but both live and could recover. She shows remarkable mercy there if you imagine this as a total war.

Edited by Lord Varys

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

I think that thing should be bigger in the show, with there actually be more casualities there than the twins - like, have the guy go after little Aegon and Viserys in their nursery or wherever they are kept, and have some women getting themselves killed to save the boys - a variation of the attempt of Alysanne at Maidenpool. Then could the other guy come in and we could get a short and bloody duel.

I'm not sure each side ever actually filled their KG to the full number. They may have decided to postpone that until the war was won. Although Rhaenyra may fill hers after she takes the throne, I guess.

Thorne and Fell are a must in the show, I think, but they could come in/feature only when needed. Once Westerling is gone there would be room for another KG.

I don't really care for 'Stark time' if the pacing goes like that. There is no payoff nor point to any of that. Give them some shots where they talk, do the Sara thing or not, but don't waste time hanging around with people who we are only going to see again in the show finale - or shortly before that.

Jace would also not be necessary for the Sowing, as show Rhaenyra's is no weak-willed woman not caring what happens in her castle. She will be there and she will make the call. Jace can at best be a good second-in-command to his mother - a role they set up for him in the season finale - but not a leader in his own right as he kind of was in the book.

If there is more stuff for him to do they would have to invent it - have him flying around more, perhaps inspire the Black Reach lords to challenge the Hightowers.

Also, of course, Baela and Rhaena need stuff to do.

Rhaenyra could actually go incognito to KL for some reason.

From what we heard Corlys will apparently very angry over Luke's murder, demanding vengeance. The idea he would presume to feel more stricken over the death of Rhaenyra's son as she herself is feels weird.

With Rhaenys it could be different - and if they go with that it could also be more an unintentional thing - Corlys being just angry emotionally while rationally knowing that Rhaenyra is not to blame for Rhaenys' death. Which she also wasn't in the book as Rhaenys volunteered and, in the end, decided to fly into the dragon's mouth rather than trying to get away.

After rewatching Rhea's death scene I actually have to disagree there. He doesn't cause the horse to fall ... and he then kills a woman who is apparently paralysed from the neck downwards. He gives her the mercy killing Robert wanted to give to Bran (who at least could still use his legs). And you even can interpret Rhea's last words as begging him to kill her - she wants him to finish, which, in this context, means to kill her. She would not survive such a paralysis for long in this world.

That said - he might very well have gone there with the intention to kill her. But he just stands there, the horse throws Rhea because it sense her fear. It wasn't Daemon.

While Daemon certainly is capable of having Jaehaerys murdered - it makes no sense politically. Daemon lectures Rhaenyra in season 1 that public opinion is important, so murdering an innocent child in her name is the last thing he should want to do ... if he cares that their side prevails. Which he still does at that point.

It makes sense for them to authorize a murder - but not one of the children.

Nope, that works pretty fine, as Mysaria champions commoner children, not degenerate royal children who might grow up to become fucking Aegon II. She gave the Greens their king, enabled them to pull off their coup and have the early coronation they wanted ... and Alicent's thanks her by burning down her house - which, I'm sure, killed a lot of her people, many of them children she cared about.

In context we have also to keep in mind that show Daemon has no sway with Mysaria anymore. They were history even when Daemon returned from the Stepstones in episode 4. Why should she do his bidding as he wants her to do it in the show? I'm sure he might reach out to her somehow ... but she will tell him that she will see to the details as she sees fit.

And there is also the issue of Blood and Cheese themselves running amok. I think there is a good chance, even in the book, that they themselves picked their own target, without checking back with Daemon or even Mysaria. The whole thing was covert infiltration and assassination, not some corporate conference call.

It is propaganda in the sense that she likely don't wants this - but the propaganda will paint her as the one commanding it. Yes, you are also responsible for things done in your name in this context, but propaganda and historiography care/want you to be personally responsible. The difference is there.

But the Greens spreading propaganda won't know if Rhaenyra or Daemon or Mysaria or whoever actually commanded what happened. They will blame her, personally. Not 'the system Rhaenyra'.

Thinking about more about context - sparing Alicent's life is even more irritating in light of the blood price Rhaenyra has already paid when she takes the throne - Luke, Rhaenys, Jace, and Viserys have died (or so she thinks) whilst Alicent has only lost Jaehaerys so far. Aegon is merely injured and Helaena broken, but both live and could recover. She shows remarkable mercy there if you imagine this as a total war.

Daemon also told Rhaenyra that she should earn the people’s respect through fear, which is why he didn’t think it was a bad thing for them to be suspected of killing Laenor. The message of Jaehaerys’ murder is “cross us and you’ll live to regret it.” The psychological torture of B&C was the whole point, not merely the murder itself.

Interestingly, the spy photos show both Alicent and Helaena in the funeral processional, so it looks like Helaena won’t immediately descend into instant crippling grief like in the books.

7 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Daemon also told Rhaenyra that she should earn the people’s respect through fear, which is why he didn’t think it was a bad thing for them to be suspected of killing Laenor. The message of Jaehaerys’ murder is “cross us and you’ll live to regret it.” The psychological torture of B&C was the whole point, not merely the murder itself.

That is most definitely not the case in the book ... and you are reaching there if you assume it will be the case in the show. They robbed Aemond of his 'justified vengeance', so the idea they will want to make this monstrosity something these people wanted to do is stretching things.

The whole point of the Laenor thing is that people will wonder if they did it, will wonder if they had Laenor murdered ... without there being proof. The show shows that nothing happened to Rhaenyra and Daemon afterwards. But the murder of Jaehaerys will be used by Rhaenyra's enemies to hammer home the fact - real or imagined - that she did murder him. Nobody will wonder, people will believe it - and that's just bad for her cause.

There is no possible gain to that murder. And, frankly, a 'cross us and you'll live to regret it' message is something that is of no use after the war has begun.

Interestingly, the spy photos show both Alicent and Helaena in the funeral processional, so it looks like Helaena won’t immediately descend into instant crippling grief like in the books.

The idea that Helaena would break down like she does in the book was always never very likely. They want to do something else with her. If she becomes a recluse then likely because of her dreams and prophecies, not because of the death of a child. In fact, the Helaena we see in the show might not care all that much about her children. She clearly lives partially in her own world.

Edited by Lord Varys

There are also pictures of Emma in Spain now, but not in costume, so Rhaenyra may make it back to KL this season or HBO may have just flown them out to screw with the leakers, like they used to do on GOT.

I'm still in denial about the Fall of King's Landing being the season 2 finale. Even with the Battle of the Gullet being moved to season 3, that feels too rush. I'm really hoping Emma is not there to film scenes for the Fall. If Matt Smith shows up too then that would be the last nail in the coffin for me but until that happens or we actually see Emma filming scenes, I choose to beleive HBO is just screwing with the leakers.

Edited by Thomaerys Velaryon

5 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I'm still in denial about the Fall of King's Landing being the season 2 finale. Even with the Battle of the Gullet being moved to season 3, that feels too rush. I'm really hoping Emma is not there to film scenes for the Fall. If Matt Smith shows up too then that would be the last nail in the coffin for me but until that happens or we actually see Emma filming scenes, I choose to beleive HBO is just screwing with the leakers.

Rhaenyra could be in KL even before the fall. She could go there in secret, as could other characters. They have dragons to fly around ... and they have agents and sympathizers in the city.

If you think about the teleporting characters shit GoT did ...doing that with dragonriders in HotD would be much easier. And plot-wise the show needs to have Aegon II and Rhaenyra face each other off before their final confrontation. If they never talk to each other in this show before the end, the entire thing is a joke.

That is one of the reasons why I think Rhaenyra will be at Rook's Rest. They could change details there, have it start with a parley, where Rhaenyra and Aegon talk, with Aemond and Vhagar coming in after the talks failed.

Thinking a bit more about Jace and Cregan:

Anyone wanna bet that the Song of Ice and Fire will come up in that conversation as the deciding factor - or one of the deciding factors - as to why Cregan will declare for Rhaenyra?

If they are smart they will even bring up Torrhen bending the knee as something that was influenced by talk about prophecy and dreams and the prospects of having dragonlords alongside the Starks in some other War for the Dawn ... that would then be another spoiler for the books, most likely, but something that would tie HotD and Targaryen and Stark history very nicely into the larger ASoIaF picture ... while further undermining the ridiculous ending of GoT.

The notion that just three dragons and a not-so-large army whose loyalty to Aegon hadn't even been tested yet (for the most part) forced Torrhen into submission feels and sounds ridiculous - and there was clearly going on something else which historians never caught up on because whoever was privy to the talks between Brandon Snow and Aegon never talked (or if they did, Gyldayn never heard of it).

I'm pretty sure the big book revelation about Torrhen Stark's submission is going to be that Aegon shared his dream and prophecy knowledge with him - and Torrhen's own knowledge about the threat the Others still posed very much fit with that. The idea that what history remembers as 'the king who knelt' might be more a Targaryen-Stark partnership would be a very nice historical twist in light of what happened between these two houses later.

The irony of Viserys II going from Aegon’s third son to his younger brother is that it makes him even more of an “unlikely” king than Egg. Egg was the fourth son of a fourth son. Viserys was the fifth son of a daughter with three brothers who, traditionally, would have come ahead of her in the line of succession. With a few exceptions (i.e. Tytos Lannister) GRRM appears to write the younger, “unlikelier” sons as better rulers than first-born heirs.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

I mean, the guy knows what will happen to his character, since it's in F&B. No doubt a fan was indelicate enough to ask about his fate, but that says nothing about what they're filming this season.

Yeah, an earlier or changed death for Jace strikes me as unlikely. It would have to be a big battle, and there just is the Gullet where he could die like he does.

I was under the impression that most of the cast hasn’t read the source material. But either way, I think that Rhaenyra taking the throne is still the natural place to end S2, even with only eight episodes. Most of the battles happen after that point. And because of how narrowly focused S1 was on the royal family, this also creates a pickle for future battles, since some of them don’t involve the main characters.

The lead-up to Rhaenyra taking KL filled up a lot of book pages, but something like the sowing of the dragonseeds could easily fit into one hour-long episode. Otto scheming to make alliances across the sea could be done in a handful of short scenes. What would take more time is something like Jace/Sara Snow or getting to know new players like Cregan and Daeron, since the audience will need more time to connect with them.

Edited by The Bard of Banefort

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Do you guys think they’ll include the Red Kraken in HOTD? I always assumed so, but admittedly, the Ironborn weren’t mentioned at all in S1. I suppose they could come in in either S2 or S3 though.

I'm not confident he will be included. Dalton Greyjoy vs the Westerlands is a subplot that can easily be ignored.

I hope they at least mention that the Ironborn are attacking the Westerlands. It would be very weird not to at least have that happen off-screen, especially since the Ironborn were prominent for all of GOT. Show fans at least know that the Iron Islands are a presence in Westeros.

8 hours ago, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

I'm not confident he will be included. Dalton Greyjoy vs the Westerlands is a subplot that can easily be ignored.

I have to unfortunately agree with this. It appears that the show is narrowing its focus to the Targaryens (with bits of spotlight spilling over onto the Velaryons) and other Houses/characters really only getting screen time due to interactions with the Targaryens. I fear that a good many of the side plots and characters from F&B's description of the Dance will be cut out due to not featuring the main characters the series wants to focus on. 

I am just dreading how many of the interesting non-Targaryen characters they're going to cut: Sabitha Frey, Bloody Ben Blackwood, Black Aly Blackwood, the Tully brothers, Thaddeus Rowan, Roderick Dustin, Jon Roxton, Unwin Peake ...  

36 minutes ago, SilverGhost said:

I have to unfortunately agree with this. It appears that the show is narrowing its focus to the Targaryens (with bits of spotlight spilling over onto the Velaryons) and other Houses/characters really only getting screen time due to interactions with the Targaryens. I fear that a good many of the side plots and characters from F&B's description of the Dance will be cut out due to not featuring the main characters the series wants to focus on. 

I am just dreading how many of the interesting non-Targaryen characters they're going to cut: Sabitha Frey, Bloody Ben Blackwood, Black Aly Blackwood, the Tully brothers, Thaddeus Rowan, Roderick Dustin, Jon Roxton, Unwin Peake ...  

I think most of those characters will appear, but I don’t think we’ll see them waging battles on their own. I think we’ll only see them when they’re interacting directly with the main characters (i.e. Jon Roxton and Unwin Peake with Daeron and maybe Aemond/Criston, Ben and Aly with Daemon). It would be kind of ironic if they ended up shafting the Manderleys again.

I expect that they’ll consolidate the regency around the Hour of the Wolf, which I think is understandable. The post-Dance period works better as reading material, and by that point all the main characters aside from Alicent and Corlys are dead. My prediction is that Aegon will die in the penultimate episode, and Cregan will take over in the finale, which will see Aegon crowned and married to Jaehaera, and end with Viserys’ return. Maybe Tyland will still be alive by then on the show. I could see them sending Alicent to a sept instead of dying from the Shivers too. (I’ve also seen one heartbreaking theory that if Alicent does die from illness, little Aegon may visit her and hold her hand while she dies, like he did with Tyland in the books. That would certainly be emotional to watch).

Edited by The Bard of Banefort

On 5/20/2023 at 9:01 AM, Thomaerys Velaryon said:

At first I was agreeing with you until I saw the funeral scene they filmed today with the herald saying "Behold, the work of Rhaenyra the Cruel". @The Dragon Demands is right I'm afraid, the greens will use Jaehaerys's funeral as a propaganda tool against Rhaenyra, just like they will do later on with Meleys' head.

You sound surprised - we all know how low the Greens are capable of stooping.