U.K Politics: Revenge of the Truss.

Varysblackfyre321

34 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

think this is a bit of misleading, agenda reporting.

Probably to some extent, controversy sells.

34 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Tate isnt a patheitic man baby who i hope gets locked uo for about 1000 year

I’m curious if it’s possible to extradite to England to get tried for rape.

labour won't let Corbyn stand at the next election, apparently he is mulling over an independent bid.  I'm deeply conflicted about Corbyn, I think he is a decent and honourable man, but a stubborn old goat who can't see the damage his side of the party do to the chances of winning. 

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

labour won't let Corbyn stand at the next election, apparently he is mulling over an independent bid.  I'm deeply conflicted about Corbyn, I think he is a decent and honourable man, but a stubborn old goat who can't see the damage his side of the party do to the chances of winning. 

Also looks like Sturgeon is stepping down, so a good day all round.

22 minutes ago, Raja said:

Moving on to hopefully a more informed take - Curious what the Scots on the board think and who might be a possible replacement?

Very few obvious candidates. A few who think they're obvious candidates, some of whom may be thinking this is a triumph for them: they're going to find it's a disaster. 

There's been very little actual succession planning. John Swinney is probably the safe choice. Joanna Cherry might fancy her chances but she can't credibly lead from Westminster. Kate Forbes is talked about as a future leader but may not have the support yet. 

Nobody who has the electoral appeal or skill that Sturgeon has, that's for sure. She's been clearly the most successful UK politician of the last decade. 

ETA - to clarify why I think this could be a disaster for the candidates involved. I don't think any of them have the clout within the party to keep it as united as it has been for the last ten years. Whoever takes over will still be favourite to win the next Scottish election, but they'll struggle to keep order internally.

Personally I think she deserves the snark. 

But at the same time we all recognise that there is a reason why that question keeps getting thrown at politicians, because it just highlights the absolute flaws in a lot of their thinking, and how ideologically captured they are. These recent weeks have really exposed Sturgeon in a way that she hasn't experienced before, she really could not handle being challenged on the Bryson case at all, you could see the way the pressure was hitting her. 

Of course it's not the only reason she's quitting now, but its certainly a big player in her decision I bet. 

11 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Even if you think that angle is essential to the conversion, there's an ocean between discussing that sincerely and the bullshit snark you posted

In the effort to find some news on TV that wasn't Nicola Sturgeon quits we ended up turning to GB news   - for a laugh.  Turns out they are majourly pushing the Trans/Gender thing.  

when GB news are the only ones pushing your viewpoint then that really is an indication your viewpoint might be one shared by the mouth frothers.

You pretend the snark was directed at her but it wasn't, it was at the idea of trans people. That question keeps coming up because people that insist they can know the truth of someone else better than that person can know themselves act like a group numbering less than 1% of the population with extremely limited wealth and power are a threat to everyone else. And because cynical assholes use it as a wedge to divide groups that should be united.

This is at HoI obviously.

3 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

In the effort to find some news on TV that wasn't Nicola Sturgeon quits we ended up turning to GB news   - for a laugh.  Turns out they are majourly pushing the Trans/Gender thing.  

when GB news are the only ones pushing your viewpoint then that really is an indication your viewpoint might be one shared by the mouth frothers.

So are you saying it's only GB news suggesting that the GRC bill had any effect on her resignation?

Just now, karaddin said:

You pretend the snark was directed at her but it wasn't, it was at the idea of trans people. That question keeps coming up because people that insist they can know the truth of someone else better than that person can know themselves act like a group numbering less than 1% of the population with extremely limited wealth and power are a threat to everyone else. And because cynical assholes use it as a wedge to divide groups that should be united.

This is at HoI obviously.

I think you should actually read what I wrote instead of continuously attributing opinions to me based on nothing I've said. It's quite tiring when you do this.

The BBC have a 30 year old and a 32 year old as 2 of the favourites, what the f'ck am i doing with my life.  I know how Caesar must have felt when considering the achievements of Alexander the Great.  

'I have not just cause to weep, when I consider that Alexander at my age had conquered so many nations, and I have all this time done nothing that is memorable?

Archived