What are your personal favorite theories?

Ser Arthurs Dawn

1.  Daenerys will resurrect Aemon. His body is on its way to Meereen. A worthy sacrifice will be required and treasonous people will get burned. A king will burn as well. Vic, Hiz, and Green Grace will burn.  Vic is Drogo, Hiz is Viserys, and GG is MIrri all over again. Aemon is the dragon coming back. 

2.  The White Walkers will resurrect Jon Snow and accept him as one of their own. His existence will be like that of Coldhands.  His body will be clinically dead. He will last just enough to see Arya again before his body falls apart. They will die together at the Wall. 

3.  Jorah and Tyrion will take the black. A compromise for their crimes. 

4.  Euron is Harren again. He will die from Drogon’s flames in Harrenhal. 

5.  Daenerys will lead the free people of Meereen away. They will become the new seeds to people the 7 Kingdoms. 

1. Shireen will be burned - Stannis beats the Boltons and returns to the Wall for the Great Battle he feels he's destined to fight vs the Others. The Wall is a mess in the aftermath of Jon's assassination, even when he's revived, with at least 1/3rd of the watch in rebellion. With the Others near and the Wall's magics potentially failing Stannis will be forced to do something drastic. 

2. Aegon VI is a Blackfyre from the female line.

3. Oberyn was in on the plan to poison Joffrey in order to set up a trial by combat vs the Mountain. Any poisoning of Tywin was non-fatal because the Red Viper wanted Tywin to see his family and legacy crumble before he died. 

4. Loras Tyrell's injuries are a fake and the Tyrells are going to betray Cersei. They got in bed with Tywin, who was a smart and understood how alliances work. Cersei burned the bridges between Lannister/Tyrell and the Tyrell's are preparing to make her pay dearly for her stupidity. 

The Grand Northern Conspiracy or Northern Conspiracies. 

Tywin is the Hand who built the secret tunnel to the brothel. 

Loras Tyrell isn't dying or as grievously injured as announced. 

Cersei will win her Trial by combat, with Ser Robert Strong, but it will be a Pyrrhic Victory with the Faith champion knocking Strong's helmet off and revealing his face, which will backfire on her.

Edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight9

Margaery is the Younger and More Beautiful [Queen].  It's self fulfilling and Cersei is making it so.

Tyrion is the valonqar.  See above.

Shadrich is a red herring there to distract us.  He's there because of Littlefinger's job offer and has no idea Alayne is really Sansa.

Allyria Dayne is the daughter of Ashara Dayne and Eddard Stark.

Jeyne Poole, Asha Greyjoy, and Cersei Lannister are all pregnant.

Aegon Blackfyre, though the evidence seems pretty overwhelming. While I'm sure it's been expressed before, I've personally wondered if the plot point of Tommen's suicide might be what Aegon will do after he (hypothetically) takes the throne but discovers his life is a lie. 

On 5/24/2023 at 6:45 AM, Aerodimas said:

I love the N+A=J, i feel the R+L makes Jon too important.

I must admit, I love that people here don't treat R+L=J like gospel. I have my own controversial reasons for hoping it's not true, but also I'm warming up to N+A. 

This one:

Look Into the Flames: Swords and Shards | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

I also like the theory that Dany is Ashara's daughter and that she brought the baby to join with Viserys to improve the chances of the Dorne-Darry-Sealord plot. I mean, Rhaella died and Viserys was too young to know the difference in a baby swap. I think it would tie things up in a really interesting way if Dany was actually a bastard. As for who her father was, in that case, I lean Aerys, who we know did SOMETHING horrible at Harrenhal. Raping Ashara does not seem out of the question. We know that whatever went wrong at Harrenhal involved Ashara.

Edited by Hippocras

On 5/16/2023 at 10:20 PM, nimlot said:

6. Shadrich, Morgarth and Byron theory by sweeticeandfiresunray.

I must correct this somewhat. My blog hosts the theory, but I did not write it or came up with it. Blue Eyed Wolf wrote it inspired by Bemused thread on their identitities on this forum. I encouraged and supported Blue Eyed Wolf to do some solid research on the idea, and as she had no blog of her own and it welded well with my avalanche theory, I hosted the theory with her as guest author. She has a tumblr page though (thebluelemontree) and is co-host of The Silent Sisters podcast (with Littlewolfbird), going by the name of Blue Lemons now.

• The Five Forts and the Wall serve to keep dangerous elements away from the human world.  They are borders between civilized and barbarians.
  • Bran Stark is the big bad. Bran is the real head villain.
  • Quaithe is Shiera Seastar or Ellissa Farman.
  • Daenerys is Azor Ahar.
  • Braavos will support Daenerys and her military campaigns. 
  • Volantis will be overthrown by the city slaves. 
  • Mance +Lyanna = Jon Snow
  • Samwell will blow the horn and bring down the citadel, killing the maesters inside.
  • The Kings Of Winter were servants of the others. 
  • Dragonstone will erupt and more dragon eggs will be found.
Edited by Darth Sidious

Coldhands is the Night's King.  The Night's King was not a villain but whose true actions were forgotten and rewritten after thousands of years of rumor, propaganda, and constantly changing word of mouth.

The Great Northern Conspiracy.

Daario is a mole working for the Sons of the Harpies.

Targaryens aren't special in their dragon-riding abilities, and the claim that they are is just propaganda to keep themselves in power.  Nettles wasn't a dragonseed but just an ordinary person who tamed a dragon.

A Song of Ice and Fire isn't a song about the Starks and the Targaryens, or Jon and Dany, or a single prophesized hero... but about the two great threats (Others and dragons) coming to a continent ill-prepared for outside conflicts because they are already fighting from within.

Apart from theories that seem to be pretty established:

Tyrion is a chimera and has the Targ bloodline everything else is Tywin

Inkpots in Gerion Lannister

After finally reading this Lem=Richard Lonmouth theory I believe it.

Oathkeeper is about to be or is already wielded by an undead person and will play a part in the AA legend happening again although it will not play out word for word as the legend, events will just fit it in a way. Catelyn is the water that the sword was forged in, Beric the fire, Jaime will be the lion and Brienne the beloved. ie A series of undead fighters who will finally direct their efforts in the right direction.

But where is Needle right now and what role will it play? Has Loras got it? And I assume the small number of other Valyrian swords and dragonglass objects play a role.

Despite the order of becoming undead I gave above I have a horrible niggling fear Brienne is already undead (didn't squeak 'sword' soon enough so Thoros revived her). That's more a fear than a belief.

So, is there speculation on this website that the legend of AA and the folktale of the Last Hero may not be two versions of the same events but that possibly both will happen in some way? Two lines of events one in the North? I can see Jon ending up as the last hero.

In the short term, it seems likely that Jon will occupy Ghost while his body is on ice and may be able to return to his body if it has not actually died, or else, he will be in the horrible body hopping situation Varamyr was in. Now that would be a horrible plot turn comparable to when Eddard was executed.

Edited by Castellan

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

Apart from theories that seem to be pretty established:

Tyrion is a chimera and has the Targ bloodline everything else is Tywin

Inkpots in Gerion Lannister

Oathkeeper is about to be or is already wielded by an undead person and will play a part in the AA legend happening again although it will not play out word for word as the legend, events will just fit it in a way. Catelyn is the water that the sword was forged in, Beric the fire, Jaime will be the lion and Brienne the beloved. ie A series of undead fighters who will finally direct their efforts in the right direction.

But where is Needle right now and what role will it play? Has Loras got it? And I assume the small number of other Valyrian swords and dragonglass objects play a role.

Despite the order of becoming undead I gave above I have a horrible niggling fear Brienne is already undead (didn't squeak 'sword' soon enough so Thoros revived her). That's more a fear than a belief.

So, is there speculation on this website that the legend of AA and the folktale of the Last Hero may not be two versions of the same events but that possibly both will happen in some way? Two lines of events one in the North? I can see Jon ending up as the last hero.

In the short term, it seems likely that Jon will occupy Ghost while his body is on ice and may be able to return to his body if it has not actually died, or else, he will be in the horrible body hopping situation Varamyr was in. Now that would be a horrible plot turn comparable to when Eddard was executed.

I find it amazing how differently people can see the same story!

1. I agree that Oathkeeper has been letting off a bit of a Lightbringer vibe, but I think it is a red herring, just as Beric Dondarion is a red herring for Azor Ahai. I think Oathkeeper will stay Oathkeeper, and Brienne will continue to wield it in service of the Stark children. Her destiny I am quite certain is to eventually become Commander of the Kingsguard, and to complete Jaimie Lannister's story in the White Book. This is not one of the things the show got wrong IMO. I suppose nothing stops a fire wight from doing these things so I will hold off judgement on whether she dies and is revived or whether she simply escapes her current tricky situation with skill and help from friends (Jaimie, Sandor, Nymeria)

2. That is not to say that I think you are wrong that the Lightbringer story is part of this in modified form. There I agree, I just think it is a different sword or swords that are destined to become Lightbringer. Widow's Wail is the royal sword for a contested throne, and as such its transformation would be a natural extension of the conflicts it is about to become a part of. Lannisters vs. Tyrells, Cersei vs. Aegon, Aegon vs. Euron, Dany vs. Everyone, and Widow's Wail right in the middle of it all as a symbol of the very thing they all want. Widow's Wail will become Lightbringer, but not in its current form and not under that name of course. Basically the South destroys itself in conflicts for power and out of the ashes of that struggle comes this sword and throne that they all died trying to win but none did. 

3. I tend to agree that the Last Hero, Azor Ahai, and the Prince that Was Promised may be two or three different stories happening concurrently that characters have confused with each other because the prophesies seem clearly related. Either Arya or Jon is the Last Hero. Either Dany or Jon is the Prince that Was Promised. Either Dany or Arya is Azor Ahai. My guess is the Prince that was Promised prophesy (which we have never actually seen) was all about bringing back dragons, and as such it has already come to pass. However people confuse it with the Azor Ahai myth. Azor Ahai is about the forging of a sword to end the darkness. Arya seem more connected than Dany or Jon to the events that could lead to this, including the Brotherhood Without Banners and Lady Stoneheart, but also her potential to infiltrate the contested South as an FM which would bring her into contact with Widow's Wail and potentially Blackfyre. Reforging a Valyrian steel sword needs a blacksmith who knows how. Tobho Mott is so far the only character who we know knows how to do this and he is in King's Landing. He might be needed again unless he taught this special skill to his apprentice Gendry, or another swordsmith from Qohor comes into the story. Finally, Jon has been letting off a Last Hero vibe all along and while we may be surprised, I think it feels right. I can see him heading to the Far North to confront the Night King AFTER learning that he was born a King. Going on a suicide mission would be his way of refusing to be power hungry and doing his best to prevent war.

1. The last wight to fall near the end will be Weymar.  The story of the Others began and will end with Weymar.
  2. Hizdahr zo Loraq is the leader of the Harpy. 
  3. Daario Naharis is already dead.
  4. Stannis is already dead. 
  5. Daenerys will take Westeros back at the ending. 
  6. Rickon will be the only Stark left alive.  Jon, Sansa, and Arya will die.  Bran is not what you would exactly call alive. 
  7. Arya will murder Tyrion and steal his face.  She is the valonquar who will choke Cersei. 
  8. Dany, Drogon, and her army carrying glass candles will scare the Others back to where they came from. 
Edited by The Gizzard of Oz

1. R + L = J. Simply the best theory, it's too much calling it a theory now, it's practically canon
  2. Blackfyre theory. Despite not being completely sold to it, I love it and find the clues compelling
  3. Marei and Donnel Hill are Tywin's children. Well, a bit inconsequiential, but funny
  4. Sansa will be Head of House Stark at the end of ADOS
  5. Harry the Heir will die in the upcoming tourney
  6. Coldhands is the man Bran sees being slain in the Weirwood vision.
  7. Grand Northern Conspiracy
  8. Myrcella will be Queen, albeit briefly
  9. Night Lamp for the upcoming Battle of Ice
  10. When Dragonbinder will be blown by Victarion, Rhaegal and Viserion will fly to Westeros and claimed by Aegon VI and Euron III
Edited by Sace

On 2/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Work is slow, per usual, and I like to fill the void with interesting asoiaf theories. I tend to read the same few over and over. However, I keep discovering good theories that have been out for years, and most of them I've never even heard of. So please share your favorites! (Theories that you find plausible.)

1. My favorite is the one I wrote about many times.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn.
  2. Drogo, Viserys, and Rhaego are reincarnated and became Daenerys' three dragons. 
  3. Daenerys has the real king's blood and she walked into the fire and came back out.  True king's blood is not consumed by fire. 
  4. Tyrion will take Jaime's side and they will fight the Starks one last time. 
  5. Jaime will confront Bran and it will be fatal for one of them.  I am sure it will be Jaime who loses his life. 

1 hour ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

1. My favorite is the one I wrote about many times.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn.
  2. Drogo, Viserys, and Rhaego are reincarnated and became Daenerys' three dragons. 
  3. Daenerys has the real king's blood and she walked into the fire and came back out.  True king's blood is not consumed by fire. 
  4. Tyrion will take Jaime's side and they will fight the Starks one last time. 
  5. Jaime will confront Bran and it will be fatal for one of them.  I am sure it will be Jaime who loses his life. 

3. Her blood had absolutely nothing to do with how she survived the pyre. It’s like I’m talking to a casual show watcher. The ONLY reason she survived was because she sacrificed poor MMD. That’s it. It’s nothing to do with her blood or her being AAR (which she very well could be)