Will Daenerys Fall in Love w/ Jon Once she Learns he is her Nephew?

Corvo the Crow

[mod] Stick to the topic please. If you want to complain about other users, do it by a report to the moderators - who, by the way, are not on anyone's 'side'. [/mod]

7 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Love?  No.  A political marriage is a possibility though.  Although Jon will almost surely come back as a wight. 

Jon won't come back as a wight, because he isn't dead.  It is a (warged and glamoured) Cregan Karstark who will come back as a wight.  And the fact that Karstark has been previously warged by Jon will have consequences and complications (I'm not sure what), as vaguely foreshadowed by the Varamyr prologue ("She sees me!").

Dany will be fleeing a political marriage when she comes to him.  She will be the prophesied girl in grey, fleeing from the marriage they have made for her.

I think that Dany will fall in love with Jon before they learn the truth.

Honestly, she'd probably be really excited and happy to learn that he is her nephew. So not only is it a great political match and honors the legacy of House Targaryen, but she will be madly in love with him too.

Unfortunately, the chances of Jon loving her just as much as she loves him is not high.

6 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I think Daenerys might be a bit suspicious of Jon due to the 'false dragon' thing, though maybe all of her suspicions will be focused on F/Aegon instead. She might want some sort of proof that Jon is legit.

I think she'll get it.

I think the show had the right of it by pointing out the fact that there was some sort of marriage certificate. And Howland Reed may not even be the sole surviving eyewitness; there will probably be others. Outside of the woman Wylla that we have been hearing about since the very beginning of A Game of Thrones, I think that House Dayne is in on it.

And let's be real: the one thing that everyone (literally everyone) can agree on about the Rhaegar/Lyanna situation is the fact that Rhaegar ran off with Lyanna Stark and that there was some sort of sexual activity between them: consensual or nonconsensual. Once you get past the fact that a square like Ned f*cking Stark could be capable of outmaneuvering and outsmarting millions of people, the fact that Lyanna was impregnated and had given birth as a result of her encounter with Rhaegar should not be too unbelievable.

The bigger issue would be if Jon was trueborn or not. Because there's not that much of a difference between a Stark bastard and a Targaryen bastard.

No. Jon is to Dany the mount to bed. Drogo love, Euron dread, Jon bed. She won't love him but she'll need to get pregnant by him, that's what makes him the mount to bed. She'll believe in prophecies and that bloodlines matter magically (and by the end she'll have really good reason to believe so) and that she needs him to father a child on her so that she can save the world.

When Dany meets Jon he will be preparing to fight to unite the realm and fight the Others. She will be frustrated by him because he will stubbornly refuse to listen to her regarding magic and the like and refuse to impregnate her. I expect she will admire his leadership, determination and sacrifice, he will be in that way everything she is not.

How Dany is going to judge the nephew thing will depend on how she deals with other revelations about real or alleged 'secret kin' she has left - Aegon, possibly Tyrion, Bloodraven (if he ever reaches out to her), Varys, Illyrio, whoever else might be 'a secret Targaryen'. If all those people try to fuck her in the unpleasant way she might be tidbit pissed if she learns that her current lover also happens to be some secret nephew.

In Jon's case I expect the romance having nothing to do with their kinship. But it not being an issue once they figure things out. Avuncular marriages/relationships are no issue for Targaryens and are also not completely unknown for the Starks, either. So no big deal.

But Dany isn't really looking for brothers or close kin in her lovers. Drogo wasn't exactly Valyrian, and while she likes Daario's blue eyes ... they are certainly not the reason why she fucks him, either. She wants attractive and dangerous man - and Jon might eventually fit those criteria. At present I think she might find him attractive enough, physically, but would not really care for all the brooding and self pity.

That said, though, Jon has to get out of the 'I can't have a woman because of the vows' mindset - that really makes all the attempts at flirting we see in ADwD very unpleasant. Both Val and Mel do little more than annoy and embarrass the boy ... because he doesn't fucking want a lover or mistress or wife at the moment (or at all). Which is actually why I'd honestly like if the next romantic/sexual stuff we get from Jon is some kind homoerotic attraction/stuff going on between him and Satin. He could be the one to care for the body/wounds of resurrected Jon, and that's the kind of setting where the lines propriety might start to blur, at least for a time.

Also George is way behind actually depicting the kind of gay relationships and sex that must be going on in the NW. He somewhat commented on that in ADwD subtly, but the next step would be to actually show it.

4 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Which "mount" is Daario, then?  Is he Euron?  Or are you eager to just forget him?

The prophecy isn't about every man she sleeps with, it's prophesying those that are to second life a dragon, thus 'mounts'.

5 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

The prophecy isn't about every man she sleeps with, it's prophesying those that are to second life a dragon, thus 'mounts'.

You are suggesting that 3 people will second-life a dragon (or direwolf?) and that she will ride all 3 animals?

5 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

You are suggesting that 3 people will second-life a dragon (or direwolf?) and that she will ride all 3 animals?

I'm saying it has happened once and prophesied to happen twice more. They're not different animals, they're all Drogon, but Drogon will change to reflect who has second lifed it.

8 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

I'm saying it has happened once and prophesied to happen twice more. They're not different animals, they're all Drogon, but Drogon will change to reflect who has second lifed it.

IDK, man. Why not just ride Drogon after he eats 3 horses?

Archived