How Should Jon Deal with Marsh and the Other Traitors if/when he recovers/is resurrected?

Craving Peaches

I’m not sure there will be enough time for decisions to be made…

Bowen the Cravenheart and his co-conspirators are surrounded by Leathers who is right there w/ other black brothers loyal to Jon and one very pissed off giant. And the free folk, who are frothing at the mouth for a good fight after Jon’s speech in the Shieldhall, are just around the corner, within earshot. I do sincerely hope there’s enough time for Tormund to get there to mash Marsh himself, but I’m not overly confident there will be. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not sure there will be enough time for decisions to be made…

Bowen the Cravenheart and his co-conspirators are surrounded by Leathers who is right there w/ other black brothers loyal to Jon and one very pissed off giant. And the free folk, who are frothing at the mouth for a good fight after Jon’s speech in the Shieldhall, are just around the corner, within earshot. I do sincerely hope there’s enough time for Tormund to get there to mash Marsh himself, but I’m not overly confident there will be. 

Just in case anyone doubts this:  "Men poured from the surrounding keeps and towers. Northmen, free folk, queen's men … "Form a line," Jon Snow commanded them. "Keep them back. Everyone, but especially the queen's men." ......."Leathers, talk to him, calm him. The Old Tongue, he understands the Old Tongue. Keep back, the rest of you. Put away your steel, we're scaring him." 

More than just Jon's blood will spilled on the snow before things are sorted out.  When Jon recovers from his wounds, Marsh and crew will be bad memories. 

11 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Ghost is a Good Boy™ so should only get quality meat. The conspirators are not of sufficient quality.

Borroq'a boar could take care of the Cravenheart roast, no doubt about it.

edt; Leather's did talk to Wun Wun, I believe it went like this "Wun old buddy, see that chubby craven who stabbed Jon?  Look, he's crying, smash him for me, will you?"

Wun Wun replied "Got it boss, one crybaby pomegranate smashed into a red roadkill comin' up." 

I wouldn't be surprised if Marsh and co have already been taken care of by the time Jon is ready to get up and about again. If he does have to deal with them though, I would expect them to be hung and then burned. This isn't going to happen though if the sobriquet 'the pomegranate' means anything, so I suspect that the wildings will have some how smashed him before Jon's return. I'm all for a gruesome revenge death, but I don't think Lord Snow would be and I don't think it would serve him to come back from the dead and start acting like some vengeful revenant (whether he is or not). That being said there's no way forward with Jon and Marsh both in the watch together.

Alternately, maybe Jon just says 'to hell with it not my problem anymore' and walks.

The scene at the Wall; freefolk, crows, kneelers, giants, boars, direwolves, wights, screaming, fighting, running in terror, Cravenheart's head on a pike.  Sounds like a good time for all, well, except for Jon.

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not a fan… of either real pomegranates and even less of the pomegranate! 

I love pomegranate (the fruit, which anyone who has browsed my profile should know). I always think the arils look like jewels and I feel like a member of royalty when I eat it. The taste is nice and sweet but also quite sharp.

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’m not a fan… of either real pomegranates and even less of the pomegranate! 

I like the real ones. Won't mind seeing Marsh meet his end though. If some of the more lurid theories about the old NW are true it would be a great irony if Marsh got killed and weighted and repurposed as one of Jon's new Cold Hands like lieutenants to serve in perpetuity, but I'll settle for something a little quicker. What would produce the grenade like effect, a fall from the Wall?

31 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I love pomegranate (the fruit, which anyone who has browsed my profile should know). I always think the arils look like jewels and I feel like a member of royalty when I eat it. The taste is nice and sweet but also quite sharp.

I like the tree, it’s very pretty. And the smell is wonderful. The taste however… hmmm maybe mixed w/ a generous dose of gin! 

23 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

I like the real ones. Won't mind seeing Marsh meet his end though. If some of the more lurid theories about the old NW are true it would be a great irony if Marsh got killed and weighted and repurposed as one of Jon's new Cold Hands like lieutenants to serve in perpetuity, but I'll settle for something a little quicker.

Pffff Marsh doesn’t have the courage or loyalty or intelligence to be a Coldhands type undead. If he did though, his alias would obviously be Redface instead of Coldhands! 

23 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

What would produce the grenade like effect, a fall from the Wall?

What @Craving Peaches said. Wun Wun will make himself some pomegranate juice! He does love his fruit & veg after all. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

What @Craving Peaches said. Wun Wun will make himself some pomegranate juice! He does love his fruit & veg after all. 

Yeah, it's good to see Wun Wun has such a balanced diet. Up North you could be more at risk from vitamin deficiencies. Wun Wun's five-a-day will pave the way for healthier eating choices for everyone.

Archived