NBA - the King passes Cap, but his team are still crap.

BigFatCoward

Sounds like the situation with Ja could get worse. It's already gone from two game absent to being indefinite and now he's being investigated by the police and the league. Not sure what laws he may have broken and if they come with serious consequences, but it does seem like he absolutely broke league rules by bring the gun on the team plane. Speculation is he could get a massive suspension that may end his season.

Edited by Tywin et al.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like the situation with Ja could get worse. It's already gone from two game absent to being indefinite and now he's being investigated by the police and the league. Not sure what laws he may have broken and if they come with serious consequences, but it does seem like he absolutely broke league rules by bring the gun on the team plane. Speculation is he could get a massive suspension that may end his season.

I believe he shot that video in a strip club, and it's illegal to have a gun in any establishment that serves alcohol in most states.  Maybe all states, although I'm sure Republicans are trying to change that.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

I believe he shot that video in a strip club, and it's illegal to have a gun in any establishment that serves alcohol in most states.  Maybe all states, although I'm sure Republicans are trying to change that.

Not sure that's true. The permissiveness in open carry states has jumped a lot in recent years. There are 13 states where there appear to be no rules while others, like Texas, limit it to venues that primarily serve alcohol. Not sure if that would cover a strip club. Then there's the issue of him brandishing it while under the influence. Pretty sure that's a slam dunk. It's just the range of the punishment varies so much state to state. It still blows my mind Burress did nearly two years after he shot him self accidentally.*

*Never understood the gun in your waistline thing. If I was carrying the last thing I'd want to do is make sure the piece was pointing near my dick...

I've read talk of 50 games, still not enough in my opinion. 

Feel sorry for the organisation, its almost impossible to sack an all star without ruining your team for a few years. I wonder how much this would drop his trade value? Probably not much. 

Ha, its being reported that this happened literally just after there was a players only meeting to discuss players off court behavior on the road. I hope that's true. What a fucking bellend. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

50 games? Give me a fucking break. While Ja needs to learn that his poor decisions have consequences 50 games is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Fucking Derrik Rose gang raped a woman and wasn't even suspended. Arenas brought a loaded gun into the locker room and pointed it at someone and got 50 games.  Ja waving a gun around in a video is dumb, very dumb, and its a bad look but suspending him for 50 games won't help the situation at all. He just needs to sit down with some league and team people and figure out what the hell is going on with him personally, and how he needs to behave going forward.

The fact that other people have had no sanctions/limited sanctions for worse offences is kind of irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. 

Its weird how even people (who i assume) would be supportive of full gun ban, have become so indifferent to gun misuse because of how prevalent it is over there, that its almost shrugged off as youthful exuberance, and can't see how utterly insane this is and he should have the book thrown at him.  In any civilised part of the world it would be a 5 year prison sentence.  

A footballer got a 10 game ban just for biting someone, this would be about 1,000 games.   

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Ha, its being reported that this happened literally just after there was a players only meeting to discuss players off court behavior on the road. I hope that's true. What a fucking bellend. 

A meeting led by a time traveling wizard-pirate no less. If Steven Adams can't check you, something has gone wrong.

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Arenas brought a loaded gun into the locker room and pointed it at someone and got 50 games.  Ja waving a gun around in a video is dumb, very dumb, and its a bad look but suspending him for 50 games won't help the situation at all. 

Ja brought a gun on the team plane and waved it around while drunk in public on a road trip, i.e. during the course of NBA business. I agree 50 games is excessive, but it wouldn't be surprising if they shut him down for the season. I get the impression there's been a lot more than we know about going on and the team/league feels like they need to send a message to him. It's possible that within a few years Ja will become the best active American born player in the NBA and they don't want to risk him spiraling out at just 23.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The fact that other people have had no sanctions/limited sanctions for worse offences is kind of irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. 

Yeah i agree. The point is i dont see you frothing about THAT incident, for some reason. 

14 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yeah i agree. The point is i dont see you frothing about THAT incident, for some reason. 

Well because it was in the past, why would i still be frothing about that, it makes no sense.  I'm also over the fact my sister broke my millennium falcon.