NBA - the King passes Cap, but his team are still crap.

BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Well because it was in the past, why would i still be frothing about that, it makes no sense.  I'm also over the fact my sister broke my millennium falcon.  

Rose is still in the league. Just figured that you are so concerned with whatever your concern about Morrant is you'd also care that the NBA is allowing a rapist on the court. 

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

Rose is still in the league. Just figured that you are so concerned with whatever your concern about Morrant is you'd also care that the NBA is allowing a rapist on the court. 

It happened 4 years ago so nobody is talking about it anymore. But rape is clearly signficantly worse than waving a gun round and he should be in prison for about 50 years, so a playing ban should be moot. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It happened 4 years ago so nobody is talking about it anymore. But rape is clearly signficantly worse than waving a gun round and he should be in prison for about 50 years, so a playing ban should be moot. 

Well, we can agree on that, at least. 

However, forgiving your sister is also something i will never understand. It's the fucking FALCON.

28 minutes ago, Relic said:

Well, we can agree on that, at least. 

However, forgiving your sister is also something i will never understand. It's the fucking FALCON.

It was 40 years. Time to move on. 

Interesting stat. Over the last 39 seasons there have been 22 different MVPs who have played eight seasons. During those eight years they’ve averaged having 12 teammates selected as All-Stars, All-NBA or All-Defense. Tim Duncan had exactly 12. Kobe had 23. Jokic has had none. Shocking his individual greatness has not produced the same amount of team success.

58 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ballmer has to be the best NBA owner right now, right?  I can't think of any better ones off the top of my head.

He's rich and passionate but I can't even name half of them in the first place.

There's Jordan, Cuban, Buss, Dolan. I don't know if Myers is the GM or Owner. Wade is a minority owner of the Jazz, and a baseball guy is the same for the Wolves. That's about it off the top of my head. I don't even remember who bought the Suns.

26 minutes ago, briantw said:

I’d like to propose a new rule.  If you miss the free throw, you don’t get to high five your teammates. 

And on airballs the opposing players get to Nelson Muntz you.

Also, Shawn Kemp tried to kill someone it appears. 

6 hours ago, briantw said:

The Warriors play like a team of dudes who hate each other.  To get owned like that after all the shit Green talked about Brooks is just embarrassing. 

When is Wiggins due back? Maybe he was the underappreciated glue last year (I know he made the all star team but loads mocked that call).

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

When is Wiggins due back? Maybe he was the underappreciated glue last year (I know he made the all star team but loads mocked that call).

If you look back at the period when the Warriors and only the Warriors were playing the modern space and pace game, they always had that one glue guy who kept the machine turning over in the patches where the stars were misfiring or missing.  For me it was Shaun Livington early in their run, although Harrison Barnes scored more.

To your point, I think that Wiggins has absolutely filled that role for the Warriors, although they have never satisfactorily found a replacement after losing JaVale McGee at the "center" position.

What's wrong with Looney? I think he's pretty steady. I've never rated McGee. Don't see what he contributes besides energy and length. I'd rather have Looney's tortoise than McGee's hare.

I think if we are doing parallels, it'd be Livingston/Poole and Barnes/Wiggins. Not in terms of their importance, but their role in creating/finishing. Its a different team with different needs now though.

I remember during the Finals last year that I commented (and I wasn't the only one) that Wiggins was the second most important player on the Warriors after Curry.  Thompson, Green and Poole all had good games, but they also all had some really rough stretches where they were nonfactors or even liabilities.  Wiggins took on the incredibly hard task of covering Tatum and still contributed a ton of offensive rebounds, timely buckets and energy plays on the offensive end.  Without Wiggins the Warriors absolutely lose to the Celtics, I don't even think it would have gone more than 5. 

So yes, I feel very comfortable calling him the underappreciated glue guy of the current Warriors team.