Characters that did something awful but given the context of the situation you forgive them or are on their side

Lady Stonehearts Simp

2 hours ago, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

Jojanna Lannister's revenge on the Iron Islands after the Dance of the Dragons.

Wyman Manderly's Frey pies.

yup

1 hour ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Theon Stark’s methods for keeping the Andals out of the North.

He should have cleaned up the southron kingdoms

Tyrion killing Shae - If someone falsely accused me of murder, helping get me convicted, I might feel more than a bit homicidal towards them.  I realize that's not specifically why he killed her; I don't really care.  That plus her being in Tywin's bed, leading to possibilities ranging from inconstancy to active spying, made me lose all sympathy for her.

Arya killing Dareon - His betrayal of Sam and Aemon and especially his arrogant "I'm going to have fun and fuck y'all" attitude is why she wanted him dead.  Her war trauma and manipulation by the Faceless Men is why she was able to do it.  I disapprove, but I give her a pass anyway.  Plus, I didn't like the guy either.

Tyrion murdering his father.  Tywin Lannister is, in my opinion, the villain of the first 3 books, and there could have been a hundred reasons Tyrion could have justified in his head killing Tywin for the greater good of all humanity.  But that's not why Tyrion killed him.  Tyrion murdered Tywin because of Tysha... but not because of what Tywin did to Tysha, but because of what Tywin did to Tyrion.  I don't remember Tyrion ever feeling guilty for taking part in her gang-rape; he no longer loved Tysha, but only pitied himself for how his father ruined his life all the while becoming Tywin Lannister's true son (Genna was right about that).

So, there were no "justified" motives for Tyrion killing Tywin, but Tywin is such an evil despicable person that I don't hold any contempt toward Tyrion for doing it.  I hate him for killing Shae a few minutes earlier and all of his many other atrocities, but not for killing the first 3 books' main villain.

I can’t think of anyone. Because some of these awful things were done to people who absolutely had it coming and deserved it and if I’m honest, I fucking loved it.
Like Frey pies. Looooooooved it. 
And there are other awful things that were done by characters who are so vile and despicable that I cannot bring myself to forgive them or be on their said. Like Littlefinger, Ramsay, etc. 

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can’t think of anyone. Because some of these awful things were done to people who absolutely had it coming and deserved it and if I’m honest, I fucking loved it.
Like Frey pies. Looooooooved it. 
And there are other awful things that were done by characters who are so vile and despicable that I cannot bring myself to forgive them or be on their said. Like Littlefinger, Ramsay, etc. 

I just think it’s wonderful that in Britain, we have a range of meat pies called Fray Bentos.

2 hours ago, The Grey Wolf Strikes Back said:

According to F & B Morion Martell broke the peace if Deria using the First Vulture King as a proxy doesn't count.

and his ships burned for it. period. we can't pretend there was no peace between Jaeherys I's time and Daeron I's between Westeros and Dorne. heck, there was so much peace that Viserys was considering marrying his heir to the Dornish heir, making the realms one. 

9 hours ago, EggBlue said:

and his ships burned for it. period. we can't pretend there was no peace between Jaeherys I's time and Daeron I's between Westeros and Dorne. heck, there was so much peace that Viserys was considering marrying his heir to the Dornish heir, making the realms one. 

Sure but you were saying Daeron I broke the peace first and I'm nothing if not pedantic.

Archived