Theories and Beliefs that you have that have no facts to back up

Lady Stonehearts Simp

13 minutes ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

For me, I’m convinced Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar were villains. Or more likely, they instigated the Blackfyre rebellion. And that Daemon and especially Aegor weren’t bad guys.

Bloodraven was absolutely a diabolical guy, and it really is annoying to me that he’s the three eyed crow. Bran is obviously going to play a big role in stopping the Others and that automatically makes Bloodraven a good guy by default for training Bran. I get that GRRM is one for moral ambiguity but I don’t think Bloodraven deserves even that grain of salt to justify his villainy.

Mad Mouse is Howland Reed, no, just no.  The identity of the Hooded Man or who hired the catspaw matters.  Nope.   If GRRM wrote in as many hidden identities as the many in fandom suggest, it would be a completely different story.

edt; no Jojen paste either.   :ack:

24 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Mad Mouse is Howland Reed, no, just no.  The identity of the Hooded Man or who hired the catspaw matters.  Nope.   If GRRM wrote in as many hidden identities as the many in fandom suggest, it would be a completely different story.

edt; no Jojen paste either.   /cdn-cgi/mirage/6dc3d3eb1a38505cabd90fb7ffd43995f14702a0df4cf40d6136ae67a48e140e/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_ack.gif

See I think the hooded man is either Theon’s hallucination or that it was one of the Stark guardsmen from GoT. Can’t remember his name.

It is Harwin or Alyn I’m thinking of.

yeah... at this point I'm pretty convinced the hooded man is Theon himself. who else could possibly have reason to call him kinslayer?

Arya won't be the prince that was promised and end the long night(evening) by jumping from nowhere. I don't have much to back it but I just don't think that'll happen. so , there's that. 

also , I think magic will survive the series . not much to back that up either . but I just think it's stupid for it to be awaken for a couple of years and then vanish from the world. 

I didn't realize it was silly or even an idea until early last year when some of the newer posters were pooh poohing the idea of the Battle for Dawn.  The swords don't matter.  There won't be a big battle with the Others.  What?  

I enjoy discussions on the greater meanings of ASOIAF and what GRRM really means.  The deep philosophical stuff.  Still, this is an epic fantasy and while it's fine to lose sight of the fantasy when discussing the merit of dragon bone in Valyrian Steel or genetics, it's not OK to lose sight of it entirely.  Anyone with eyes or ears can plainly tell magic plays a big part in this FANTASY story.  I expect there will be as much SCIENCE FICTION as there is HORROR and MYSTERY and DRAMA but geez Louise, you buy this in the fantasy section.  There will be a big honking battle with magic swords and heroes and dead things.  

I don't ship anyone with anyone.  I don't push secret identities, but DAMMIT I WILL HAVE A GIANT FANTASY BATTLE in this story.  

1 hour ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Yeah, that's what I was saying.

well , yeah. what I mean is he is not officially a kinslayer. he's the only one who suspects he might be one and then this mysterious hooded guy with surprisingly good knowledge of Winterfell comes along and calls him a kinslayer?! the hooded man is his own illusion.

Ashara Dayne is still alive.  She is either Septa Lemore or Jyana Reed.

Davos, along with Rickon, will visit Hardhome and the Far North.  They will still be north of the Wall at the end of Winds.

Arya will bring Jeyne Poole with her when she returns to Westeros.  

Arya's assassination of the insurance broker was a test.  It was only a test.  The poison was fake and he is alive and well.

Benjen Stark and Tyrek Lannister are both alive.

3 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Bloodraven was absolutely a diabolical guy, and it really is annoying to me that he’s the three eyed crow. Bran is obviously going to play a big role in stopping the Others and that automatically makes Bloodraven a good guy by default for training Bran. I get that GRRM is one for moral ambiguity but I don’t think Bloodraven deserves even that grain of salt to justify his villainy.

How about Bloodraven is on par with say Jamie Lannister?  Sometimes a good guy who has to do bad things and sometimes a bad guy who does good things?  Time and situations change people.  I think musrooms growing out of my forehead and roots growing out of my eye socket would change my ideas about things.  Perhaps being a greenseer does that.  It takes your greatest strengths, foul or fair, and turns them into their power for their purposes?  

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

edt; no Jojen paste either.   :ack:

Yah, that's mine and it's not a theory.  It's just an exploration of an idea. I don't really care if he is or he isn't the Mad Mouse.  But I would like to know how people imagine Howland Reed will come back into the story, if at all.  

Archived