Smaller Changes that Irritated You

Lady Stonehearts Simp

On 2/15/2023 at 1:40 AM, EggBlue said:

8. the silly change in Renly's character from the starting point.

Yes. Show Renly looks nowt like book Renly. Where is my shoulder length thick black hair? Where are my blue/green eyes? Where is my imposing build? Where is my sharp fashion sense?

To be fair I understand that they can't always get actors who look exactly like the character. But it wasn't just the looks. Renly's characteristics were not portrayed as they are in the books. He lost his carefree attitude and most of his wit and charisma. And I think it was so unnecessary to make him afraid of blood. Just...why? In the book he is happy to joust and hunt with everyone else. In fact in the scene where Robert is dying Renly's hunting cloak is splattered with blood and it doesn't bother him at all. And they ruined his relationship with Loras by having Loras just go off with some other man like two weeks later.

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

Yes. Show Renly looks nowt like book Renly. Where is my shoulder length thick black hair? Where are my blue/green eyes? Where is my imposing build? Where is my sharp fashion sense?

To be fair I understand that they can't always get actors who look exactly like the character. But it wasn't just the looks. Renly's characteristics were not portrayed as they are in the books. He lost his carefree attitude and most of his wit and charisma. And I think it was so unnecessary to make him afraid of blood. Just...why? In the book he is happy to joust and hunt with everyone else. In fact in the scene where Robert is dying Renly's hunting cloak is splattered with blood and it doesn't bother him at all. And they ruined his relationship with Loras by having Loras just go off with some other man like two weeks later.

It’s part of the showrunners idiotic frat boy “haha he’s gay let’s make him afraid of blood haha” style. And the homophobic jokes that they probably thought were so funny and edgy… jeeezus. :ack:

I feel for Gethin Anthony… he seems to be miscast often. As Renly, as Charles Manson… 

On 2/24/2023 at 2:25 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Also I don't like how we are robbed of seeing the 'Baratheon look' because they all have brown hair and eyes...

yeahsee, when it comes to looks I am mostly disappointed with Targaryens . not only they don't have purple eyes (which although it made them too ordinary, I could live with ) , they changed Daenerys's eyebrows with each new season. what on earth was wrong with her s1 looks? why did they keep darkening those eyebrows????

20 hours ago, EggBlue said:

yeahsee, when it comes to looks I am mostly disappointed with Targaryens . not only they don't have purple eyes (which although it made them too ordinary, I could live with ) , they changed Daenerys's eyebrows with each new season. what on earth was wrong with her s1 looks? why did they keep darkening those eyebrows????

Maybe Emilia didn't like spending as much time in the makeup chair?...

On 2/23/2023 at 12:08 AM, Craving Peaches said:

Renly is meant to be a medieval warlord, not a modern metrosexual.  I thought the low point for Renly was having Margaery say he was only capable of buggering her.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:08 PM, EggBlue said:

Her wig seems to change colors throughout the seasons as well, which I'm assuming to due to lighting or colored filters. I loved her hair color the most in seasons 1, 7 & 8 as it seemed to have that more "silver-blonde" shade to it. But her time in Meereen it just looked blonde or yellow, probably because of a yellowish filter they may have used.

11 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Her wig seems to change colors throughout the seasons as well, which I'm assuming to due to lighting or colored filters. I loved her hair color the most in seasons 1, 7 & 8 as it seemed to have that more "silver-blonde" shade to it. But her time in Meereen it just looked blonde or yellow, probably because of a yellowish filter they may have used.

Speaking of wigs, Sansa's wig the last 2 seasons was just :ack: I understand she needed a wig because she needed her hair to remain blonde for another role, but the wig looked cheap and the styles they gave her were so ugly.

And Cerise's short hair wig?? I know she didn't trim it to keep it that short. Some jewelry would have helped take the eyes off the new military look, but the D&D kinda forgot jewelry existed. For all 8 seasons. "Let's keep putting a tiara on her head, that'll make it look less ugly."

No Weasel. I liked Weasel a lot in Clash of Kings, what with her mud-eating habit, and they just didn't include her. She could have been used for their stupid fan-service moments in later seasons, like they did with Hot Pie. Probably the character I was most sad to see be left out of the early seasons (I'm glad that they left most of the later-season POV characters out because they would have been done very poorly).

Archived