Your Favorite Ships in all of ASOIAF History

Lady Stonehearts Simp

1 minute ago, Nevets said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a temporary affair than anything long-term.

I'm pretty sure he's dead or soon will be.  He wasn't looking too good when we saw him last.:(

You made me spit water.  You would turn sweet Meera into the Black Pearl, you scoundrel.  I can't help it, I have Monty Python's Always Look on The Bright Side of Life playing in my head now.  Good job.  

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

Gotta find someone closer to his age.  Leaf maybe?  Snowylocks?  

You know Leaf and Snowylocks are quite old right?  Jojen just needs to get back home and find a friendly girl who will feed him frog legs and tea. 

2 minutes ago, LongRider said:

You know Leaf and Snowylocks are quite old right?  Jojen just needs to get back home and find a friendly girl who will feed him frog legs and tea. 

Oh.  Right.  This is why I don't ship.  I am not good at it.  

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

kinky

In fairness, I thought you were intentionally joking that Jojen was secretly ancient, with the Old Nan / Leaf / Snowylocks comments. :laugh:

Shiera and Bloodraven is canonical anyway, and though not a healthy relationship, it is undeniably interesting.

4 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

In fairness, I thought you were intentionally joking that Jojen was secretly ancient, with the Old Nan / Leaf / Snowylocks comments. :laugh:

Shiera and Bloodraven is canonical anyway, and though not a healthy relationship, it is undeniably interesting.

Since I am being completely foolish, I was going with the Children being children.  My secret ship was Arya and Pod.  Sad but true.  I thought they would be so cute together.  He would get up and say "Good Morning, My Lady" and she would beat him up.  

5 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Since I am being completely foolish, I was going with the Children being children.  My secret ship was Arya and Pod.  Sad but true.  I thought they would be so cute together.  He would get up and say "Good Morning, My Lady" and she would beat him up.  

I like Arya and Podrick as well.  I thought I was the only one.  Podrick has actually killed someone, so they have that in common.  And he's the type she can browbeat into bed if she gets that crazy notion.:o Maybe that's not such a good ship after all!:P

Brienne and Ser Hyle.  I know he used to be mean to her, but he seems nicer now.  Plus he genuinely respects her, no small matter in her case.

I like Arya and Podrick as well.  I thought I was the only one.  Podrick has actually killed someone, so they have have that in common.  And he's the type she can browbeat into bed if she gets that crazy notion.:o Maybe that's not such a good ship after all :P

Brienne and Ser Hyle.  I know he used to be mean to her, but he seems nicer now.  Plus he genuinely respects her, no small matter in her case.

Both EPIC ships in my book.   Arya and Pod are what 12?  Yah, I suppose she might be able to to all sorts of uncomfortable things to him.  I just hope to read some scenes of them together as little kids who have had these extraordinary lives just being little kids maybe trying to be cool in front of each other or Brienne.  

I love Ser Hyle.  Hope he's not dead because I really really want to see he and Jamie bicker over Brienne.  See what Bob Bitchen thinks of another man appreciating Brienne looks like!  

6 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Ned Dayne/Sansa

FINALLY! I was just thinking of complaining about the fact that I'm pushing this ship for a year and no one seems all that interested when I saw your post! Sansa/NedD is definitely an adorable ship! :wub:

as for my other favorite ships: 

Jan/Val , Ned/Ashara , Oberyn/Ellaria , Myrcella/Trystane

6 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

Oberyn/Ellaria

It really touched me how the bastard paramour who is Ellaria, looked down upon elsewhere in Westeros for no reason other than this, and participant in open bisexual encounters, is conventionally feminine and a truly nice person. Good representation. I love their relationship as well!

6 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

Myrcella/Trystane

The two of them playing cyvasse together is adorable, especially with Myrcella learning the game for Trystane's sake (and being better at it!) and Trystane playing it to cheer Myrcella up. :wub:

Although I don't know that I would call it a ship!

22 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Both EPIC ships in my book.   Arya and Pod are what 12?  Yah, I suppose she might be able to to all sorts of uncomfortable things to him.  I just hope to read some scenes of them together as little kids who have had these extraordinary lives just being little kids maybe trying to be cool in front of each other or Brienne.  

I love Ser Hyle.  Hope he's not dead because I really really want to see he and Jamie bicker over Brienne.  See what Bob Bitchen thinks of another man appreciating Brienne looks like!  

I do like the idea of Arya and Podrick bonding over their respective tough, violent adventures.

The browbeating is figurative.  Arya likes to order people around, and Podrick sometimes seems afraid of his own shadow.  Though staying kids awhile longer is much preferable.

49 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

You made me spit water.  You would turn sweet Meera into the Black Pearl, you scoundrel.  I can't help it, I have Monty Python's Always Look on The Bright Side of Life playing in my head now.  Good job.  

Meera the Slut? :o:devil: oh dear, what have I done now?

Though her father doesn't seem the type to worry overmuch about that sort of thing.

Though her father doesn't seem the type to worry overmuch about that sort of thing.

Slut-shaming is bad, especially for someone who might accurately -- if inappropriately -- be referred to in that way if a certain theory is true.

(New thread: Is Howland Reed a slut?)

So let’s get a little controversial here

And keep it civil and respectful please.

How do y’all feel about the influx of HoTD casual fans shopping Cregan and Jace?

Me personally, I see it as them reaching.

They use the historical trope of “they were just roommates” and apply it to them. 

9 minutes ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

So let’s get a little controversial here

And keep it civil and respectful please.

How do y’all feel about the influx of HoTD casual fans shopping Cregan and Jace?

Me personally, I see it as them reaching.

They use the historical trope of “they were just roommates” and apply it to them. 

I'd say that's better than Sara Snow thing

35 minutes ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

Has Cregan even appeared on the show yet? I do not understand the minds of people sometimes.

From Fire and Blood, there is no indication that either of them are into men, but there is also no real indication that they are not. Unless House of the Dragon introduces subtext that did not exist in the books that we have, however, I don't see it as justifiable from the material. The age difference would be more concerning than anything else (only six years canonically, but one of them is a grown adult and the other a young teenager).

2 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

Has Cregan even appeared on the show yet? I do not understand the minds of people sometimes.

From Fire and Blood, there is no indication that either of them are into men, but there is also no real indication that they are not. Unless House of the Dragon introduces subtext that did not exist in the books that we have, however, I don't see it as justifiable from the material. The age difference would be more concerning than anything else (only six years canonically, but one of them is a grown adult and the other a young teenager).

That doesn’t stop people from shopping Daemon and Rhaenyra

Archived