Your Favorite Ships in all of ASOIAF History

Lady Stonehearts Simp

11 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

Margaerys's taco dress for one lol. And Daario Naharis' one whole outfit for the entire series.

Cersei’s when they arrive in Winterfell… bonus points for the wig. It’s like she has one dead animal on her shoulders and one on her head. :uhoh:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cersei’s when they arrive in Winterfell… bonus points for the wig. It’s like she has one dead animal on her shoulders and one on her head. /cdn-cgi/mirage/ccb52dcc241c260b9c0b23572560d02b1fce82548db1c2c97294ef9061003eff/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_uhoh.gif

She deserves a second walk of shame for that one

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

For the record, I don't think her misremembering the Hound is unhealthy.  I think she's just a scared kid and she trusted him some.  Isn't it natural to revert to any security you might have felt in dangerous situations?  

something coming naturally doesn't make it healthy. I agree that her thought process isn't that weird considering he was the one guy she eventually felt mostly safe with and he became anti-toxic-knight, anti-kingsguard in her mind.  but it doesn't change the fact that in reality, her interactions with the Hound were largely problematic. from their first conversation after the tourney to the last one with the blade on her throat. the fact that she was an 11yr old who hadn't even gotten her period while he was a 20something adult makes any romantic feelings on his part during that time period even worse.

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

And he saved her ass more than once with Joffrey.  He offered to take her away from Kings Landing.  I am sure that if The Hound meant to rape Sansa Stark he most certainly would and could have done so.

2 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

It would be strange for him to save her from the mob during the riots only to do it himself later.

well, it might have crossed his mind to rape her then and there ,and no actually, saving her from the mob doesn't make him against rape necessarily. however, I'm of the mind that since he didn't rape her we cannot blame him for that even if it had passed his mind. personally, I read "I should have taken her" line as "I should have taken her with me out of the Red Keep" . also, there is no indication in the story that the Hound has a reputation for rape and Jaimie thinks the rumors about "the Hound" in Riverlands don't match Sandor. 

that said, I still believe Sansa's unkiss thoughts are unhealthy. since she is romanticizing a situation that hasn't been romantic at all with a person who's shown toxic behavior over and over again. and that could affect her future interactions with him, not letting her see the issues with him. the man put a knife on her throat for god's sake! now, if Sandor goes to rage control classes on the Quiet Isle and then they develop feelings for each other, that's another thing. 

39 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Rhaegar + Rhaella. 

seven hells! that is the absolute worst pairing in the whole fandom. I mean... WHY?!!! 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ask @SeanF, he told me about this and I’ll never forgive him for it. :eek:

I have heard about it before. but I just don't understand how and why a mother and son should be paired ... is it a theory? is it some weird wishful thinking? is it hopefully an odd joke?! ... where does it come from?!!!!

10 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

I have heard about it before. but I just don't understand how and why a mother and son should be paired ... is it a theory? is it some weird wishful thinking? is it hopefully an odd joke?! ... where does it come from?!!!!

People are a lot more fucked up in the head, EggBlue, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. 

:dunno:

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

That's if Jaime gets out of Lady Stoneheart's clutches.

He almost certainly will. The narrative weight and flow alone bode well for him.

32 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

seven hells! that is the absolute worst pairing in the whole fandom. I mean... WHY?!!! 

Oh, my sweet summer child.

33 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

The suggestion is that Daenerys is their child.

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

Sansa/Margaery is a *massively* popular ship, fuelled by Sophie Turner saying that Sansa is a lesbian.

I think a lot of people identify with the pair sharing sweet love, away from the gaze of the cruel Lannisters.

I did not know that.  Marg is the only character I can think of who might share Sansa's upbringing.  Maybe there is a better character I have not thought of?  

3 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

The creepy nasty ass green grace?  Eww.  I'm trying to get Sansa to something good here.  Not more debasement and abuse.  

Shireen is a sweet girl! Three years separate Sansa and Margaery, and three years separate Shireen and Sansa.

There is no one else of a similar age who would have a similar upbringing as a girl in a Great House and who is not already married that I can think of.

Just now, Many-Faced Votary said:

Shireen is a sweet girl! Three years separate Sansa and Margaery, and three years separate Shireen and Sansa.

There is no one else of a similar age who would have a similar upbringing as a girl in a Great House and who is not already married that I can think of.

Oh man, I don't think poor Shireen can share her pitiful upbringing with anyone.  Maybe Jojen would be -- no, he's too much of a downer, Shireen deserves someone happy and upbeat.  Gads. 

Looks like Sansa may have to go it either alone or with a fella as there really don't appear to be any ladies currently available for her.  Alone is sure looking better and better given the jerks available to her.  I need to rethink that list of heroes, see if any of them would be any sort of a fit for her.  Poor Sansa.  

Just now, Curled Finger said:

Oh man, I don't think poor Shireen can share her pitiful upbringing with anyone.  Maybe Jojen would be -- no, he's too much of a downer, Shireen deserves someone happy and upbeat.  Gads. 

Looks like Sansa may have to go it either alone or with a fella as there really don't appear to be any ladies currently available for her.  Alone is sure looking better and better given the jerks available to her.  I need to rethink that list of heroes, see if any of them would be any sort of a fit for her.  Poor Sansa.  

Poor Shireen is doomed anyway. (And poor Myrcella, to reach a little more.) :crying:

Meera is only a few years older than Sansa, and is a lot more cheerful than her brother? :P

Sweet Sansa truly is unlucky with ships, canonical (I like the literary and thematic value of Beauty and the Beast, but please no SanSan) and otherwise.

3 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

GRRM has said that he is "wrestling" with Jaime and Brienne, so I don't think their story is supposed to be over just yet.

Interesting wording here from GRRM, lol.

Bran looked in the window.
Inside the room, a man and a woman were wrestling. They were both naked. Bran could not tell who they were.
 - Jaime and Cersei caught having sex in AGOT

1 minute ago, Haus Berlin said:

Inside the room, a man and a woman were wrestling. They were both naked. Bran could not tell who they were.

Wouldn't that suggest a threesome with his own characters? Not that I blame him.

1 minute ago, Haus Berlin said:

My dirty little mind went in the same direction.   :P

1 hour ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

Thank goodness both Rhaella and Rhaegar are dead in the ASoIaF timeline, as I shudder to think what more might have come of this.

I read an AU where Rhaella lived, and she was the lover of both Dany and Jon.

Archived