Your Favorite Ships in all of ASOIAF History

Lady Stonehearts Simp

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

:agree:

This. Mind you, if Euron presents himself to Dany as he really is, I think she’d be turned off by him. If he shows her right off the bat that he is a deranged & cruel monster, I really don’t see her being attracted to him at all. But Euron can hide his worst traits and he can come across as a sort of charming daredevil bad boy type, and that’s where the danger lies imo, b/c I can see Dany feeling attracted to this toned down persona he could present to her. 

If he can charm a whole bunch of islands I could see Euron and Daenerys getting together.

10 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

If he can charm a whole bunch of islands I could see Euron and Daenerys getting together.

Exactly, that was my point. 

10 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Up until the point he rapes her, or intends sacrificing her.

Hopefully Dany gets to see Euron for who he really is before that.

6 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Dany and Jon aren't really each other's type!

I strongly disagree with this, and I think it is actually a superficial reading of both of them.

Dany's "type" is not bad boys, but rather men who respect her agency (important to someone who never had it until fighting for and earning it) and offer a measure of autonomy, and men who are comfortable with themselves and their beliefs. (Going to reiterate here that Drogo was also not real love; Dany only thought it was.) Jon would obviously fall under these categories.

Jon's "type" is not badass fighting gals, but rather women who are independent and active, and primarily, women who care strongly. (He respects women and men platonically for the same reason.) Ygritte very much desired freedom as per her culture, and the canonical source of conflict between Val and Jon is about Shireen and her greyscale. Dany would obviously fall under these categories.

For both of them, appearance is more secondary. Ygritte (not conventionally attractive and feminine by Westerosi standards) and Val (conventionally attractive and feminine) look very different, as do Drogo (conventionally attractive and masculine) and Daario (not conventionally attractive and masculine).

I don't think Euron would charm Dany in any meaningful way. Setting aside all his other... flaws, he encapsulates what Dany actively rejects and despises of her own ancestors: being an unrepentant slaver (obviously) and exploiting dangerous, "dark" magics (e.g., the Undying). 

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:

I don't know what you mean! Gold teeth, blue hair.../cdn-cgi/mirage/b4c1406b70203c51f32b0c6447e1356ae15245380cd6bc23720ccaf6bd249708/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_wub.png

Daario is a very attractive man. /cdn-cgi/mirage/b4c1406b70203c51f32b0c6447e1356ae15245380cd6bc23720ccaf6bd249708/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_blush.png

He is! :lol:

But not by what we know of Westerosi standards, nor traditionally masculine by those standards.

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

More importantly, he is refreshingly honest and open about what he wants

Yep! Dany's internal narration draws attention to this (even as he disgusts and worries her with much of his counsel).  

13 hours ago, Nevets said:

Pretty sure Jon is straight, so likely a no go on that. 

Things could change though, if/when Jon 'comes back'. And as a matter of technicality we know Jon likes ladies but there is nothing definite to exclude the possibility that he could also like men. I don't think it's likely but it's not impossible.

19 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

How do we feel about Jon and Satin?

It's one of the few, if not the only, pair from the series I actually kind of ship.  The text has some basis for it and Jon notices how good-looking Satin is more than once, so it could work (although I think it will most likely not be a thing). Or it could be a simple curiosity about a male sex worker from Jon's part. Either way I like the ship, because it would be a really great way to write Jon as a bisexual character and avoid a trend (which often feels forced or stiff) of making sexuality the center of the character's story. Show Loras was a good example of that trend tbh. I suppose we already have that with Jon Con though. I like Satin as a character, because he is an underdog who despite all odds is very useful and resourceful. The first time I read the books, he reminded me of Jon from GoT (edit: I mean the first book here, not the show) a little. I just hope that he survives the chaos after Jon's assassination. 

Other than that, Cersei and a mirror is the most canon ship and no one can convince me otherwise. 

Speaking of Cersei: this is by no means a ship, but I wonder would she fancy Young Grif if they ever met. Rhaegar was her dream and she liked Aurane Waters because of his Valyrian-ish looks.

Just now, Raven Princling said:

Haha, I should have clarified myself better- he reminded me a little of Jon in terms of being the new, good-looking recruit who would rise higher. Both of them became stewards later as well. It was like a thin parallel.

Fair enough! I also like the parallels Jon and Satin have, especially as stewards learning leadership.

It's just that show!Jon is dumber than a rock. :P

15 minutes ago, Raven Princling said:

Oh, sorry! I meant GoT= first book. Not the show. My bad. :D

To be honest, I forgot the show existed when I was writing the initial comment.

Oh, I'm so sorry! That was my bad entirely. People usually add the preceding "a" for the book abbreviations, so I incorrectly assumed you were referencing the show. :P

Yes, I agree with you even more now. ^_^

11 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

I strongly disagree with this, and I think it is actually a superficial reading of both of them.

Dany's "type" is not bad boys, but rather men who respect her agency (important to someone who never had it until fighting for and earning it) and offer a measure of autonomy, and men who are comfortable with themselves and their beliefs. (Going to reiterate here that Drogo was also not real love; Dany only thought it was.) Jon would obviously fall under these categories.

Jon's "type" is not badass fighting gals, but rather women who are independent and active, and primarily, women who care strongly. (He respects women and men platonically for the same reason.) Ygritte very much desired freedom as per her culture, and the canonical source of conflict between Val and Jon is about Shireen and her greyscale. Dany would obviously fall under these categories.

For both of them, appearance is more secondary. Ygritte (not conventionally attractive and feminine by Westerosi standards) and Val (conventionally attractive and feminine) look very different, as do Drogo (conventionally attractive and masculine) and Daario (not conventionally attractive and masculine).

I don't think Euron would charm Dany in any meaningful way. Setting aside all his other... flaws, he encapsulates what Dany actively rejects and despises of her own ancestors: being an unrepentant slaver (obviously) and exploiting dangerous, "dark" magics (e.g., the Undying). 

re Dany, being into "bad boys" and wanting to have agency in a relationship aren't incompatible. Daenerys likes strong, powerful guys who take what they want, guys she feels safe with, guys who respect her strength to some extent (Dothraki style ), and, yes, exciting bad boys in general. and for looks, we cannot know anything. Neither Drogo , nor Dario look conventional(though Dany's conventional may differ from common standards since she was raised in places like Tyrosh where blue and purple beards aren't uncommon) . but they are both warriors, tall and masculine. 

I don't think Euron would charm Dany in a meaningful way either, just as much as Daario has captured her attention. Euron's cruelty is evident from his ship alone, then again, both Daario and Drogo were cruel , selfish bastards too! Euron is charismatic, smart, and can put up a good front if he wants to. while I hope I'm wrong, I don't think it's far-fetched to think Dany and Euron might get together for some time before she realizes what a monstrosity he is. especially considering her dream in Dance.  

as for Jon, he is pretty superficial in his assessment of women. and he does like the warrior type women and fails to see other types of strength in women (yet) . he also has a biased view towards ladylike women which might come from his view of Cat. when he sees and admires strength in Alys Karstark , he basically mentally notes that she is a not like other girls girl.  and it's not like he's to blame; he's a teenager with only Cat as the most prominent female figure in his life. bashing whatever she represents and being attracted to the opposite (Yigrett) isn't all that odd.

Archived