Your Favorite Ships in all of ASOIAF History

Lady Stonehearts Simp

@EggBlue

I don't believe we will agree on this topic, with all due respect. Since at least A Storm of Swords (really earlier), I fully expected a Jon/Dany relationship and fully believed they would very much be attracted to one another. Their beautiful parallel in A Dance with Dragons drove it in for me.

The show's terrible portrayal of the characters and of the relationship turned me off from it, if anything; but my ultimate response was to like the setup in the books even more.

That said, you are right that Jon and Dany both do currently have that superficial factor in their tastes, partly because they themselves aren't sure what it is that drew them towards Ygritte and Val or Drogo and Daario. My point is that they will learn what it is they truly value, and I believe that the other encapsulates it perfectly for each of them.

I don't think there will realistically be time for anything save animosity between Dany and Euron, assuming their paths even intersect before Euron has to inevitably perish, since that isn't given. I do agree with you that it isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I consider it an infinitesimal possibility.

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

:ack:

Why would you want an eleven-year-old girl to be forcefully wed to a sadistic psychopathic rapist and murderer? Or any girl? Or any one for that matter?

He probably thinks that Arya the Darkheart would be the one abusing poor Ramsay, heir to the legal House of Bolton that rules the North.

5 hours ago, U. B. Cool said:

Ramsay Bolton and the real Arya Stark.  Jeyne is an innocent.  Let it be the real Arya who marries Bolton.  The family dynamics is really interesting with Walda in the picture.  What interesting dinner talk they can have. 

Just so long as she gets to open his throat on their wedding night.

13 hours ago, EggBlue said:

re Dany, being into "bad boys" and wanting to have agency in a relationship aren't incompatible. Daenerys likes strong, powerful guys who take what they want, guys she feels safe with, guys who respect her strength to some extent (Dothraki style ), and, yes, exciting bad boys in general. and for looks, we cannot know anything. Neither Drogo , nor Dario look conventional(though Dany's conventional may differ from common standards since she was raised in places like Tyrosh where blue and purple beards aren't uncommon) . but they are both warriors, tall and masculine. 

I don't think Euron would charm Dany in a meaningful way either, just as much as Daario has captured her attention. Euron's cruelty is evident from his ship alone, then again, both Daario and Drogo were cruel , selfish bastards too! Euron is charismatic, smart, and can put up a good front if he wants to. while I hope I'm wrong, I don't think it's far-fetched to think Dany and Euron might get together for some time before she realizes what a monstrosity he is. especially considering her dream in Dance.  

as for Jon, he is pretty superficial in his assessment of women. and he does like the warrior type women and fails to see other types of strength in women (yet) . he also has a biased view towards ladylike women which might come from his view of Cat. when he sees and admires strength in Alys Karstark , he basically mentally notes that she is a not like other girls girl.  and it's not like he's to blame; he's a teenager with only Cat as the most prominent female figure in his life. bashing whatever she represents and being attracted to the opposite (Yigrett) isn't all that odd.

Actually, it’s just occurred to me who the man with the ice cold penis is, in Dany’s dream.

Prince Harry.

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

Jon Connington would be pissed!  

naah... young lord Connington was "dear" to Rhaegar according to Barry. he doesn't have much to worry about, no matter how much Bob makes a fuss over his 2 crushes getting together.

12 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

naah... young lord Connington was "dear" to Rhaegar according to Barry. he doesn't have much to worry about, no matter how much Bob makes a fuss over his 2 crushes getting together.

The ideal situation would have been a polyamorous relationship between Rhaegar, Lyanna, Robert, Elia, and Jon Con.

An entire civil war would have been avoided.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

The ideal situation would have been a polyamorous relationship between Rhaegar, Lyanna, Robert, Elia, and Jon Con.

An entire civil war would have been avoided.

There's a fan fiction out there somewhere with plot, no doubt.

15 hours ago, U. B. Cool said:

Ramsay Bolton and the real Arya Stark.  Jeyne is an innocent.  Let it be the real Arya who marries Bolton.  The family dynamics is really interesting with Walda in the picture.  What interesting dinner talk they can have. 

Ramsay might feed Walda to his dogs first.

8 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

No, he just had a little slip up there, it was all William's idea anyway, really...

He did get absolution from the Chief Rabbi, who explained to him that the Nazis were not good people.

Archived