Redanian Intelligence found audition clips of 1899's Emily Beecham trying out for Alys Rivers

The Dragon Demands

There were some rumors from Reddit a few months ago about the Alys Rivers auditions and hints about an actress said to be in the last round of auditions, but going by the hints it was someone else. This is however the first official confirmation of those auditions, and  I'm glad to have it confirmed they are going for this caliber of actress, and also of the appropriate age range.

The dialogue might be just for audition, but I hope at least some of it makes it into the show.

Alys being a healer is consistent with her being said to be a "woods witch".

Unpopular opinion, but I don't like Emily's acting here that much. She's overdoing the sassiness and attitude a bit? It reminds me of what GRRM said once about how a plucky commoner openly mocking a prince would realistically get her killed. Although "I'm so strange and kooky" would work as a shield that allows you to say all kinds of stuff. I liked the scene better when I read a transcript someone made. I think it would work better toned down and if she was eerily calm and delivering those lines in a way that would get people confused whether she is mocking them or just being weird and blunt (to the point Septon Eustace thought she was "simple-minded" - of course, he never met her, but it was based on rumors he heard). 

• 3 weeks later...

There are increasing rumors on Twitter regarding Jessica Brown Findlay from Downton Abbey being cast as Alys Rivers. I like her a lot but I was hoping for someone more age accurate, she is 33. Don't know where people is getting this info though. She apparently has followed HBO and several cast members have followed her back. 

4 hours ago, Aldara Stark said:

There are increasing rumors on Twitter regarding Jessica Brown Findlay from Downton Abbey being cast as Alys Rivers. I like her a lot but I was hoping for someone more age accurate, she is 33. Don't know where people is getting this info though. She apparently has followed HBO and several cast members have followed her back. 

She is 35.

Apparently Olivia and Phia recently started following her and she started following HBO. 

Imcidentally, the first rumors about the Alys Rivers auditions circulated on Reddit in November or December. Someone said an actress from a popular Channel 4 show who's not that known in the US but people know her well in the UK, was auditioning for Alys but hadn't got the job yet. They didn't say who but it's clearly not Emily or Jessica. Someone asked if it was an older or a younger actress and they replied "young actress with dark wavy hair".

This may have led to people speculating that they would cast a 20 something actress, which many people were convinced in before Emily's video appeared. 

Although if the rumor was true and the actress is who I suspect it is, she's 35 (probably- there are different birth dates online), just known for playing much younger characters.

46 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

Imcidentally, the first rumors about the Alys Rivers auditions circulated on Reddit in November or December. Someone said an actress from a popular Channel 4 show who's not that known in the US but people know her well in the UK, was auditioning for Alys but hadn't got the job yet. They didn't say who but it's clearly not Emily or Jessica. Someone asked if it was an older or a younger actress and they replied "young actress with dark wavy hair".

This may have led to people speculating that they would cast a 20 something actress, which many people were convinced in before Emily's video appeared. 

Although if the rumor was true and the actress is who I suspect it is, she's 35 (probably- there are different birth dates online), just known for playing much younger characters.

Wasn’t that from the same guy who said that Miguel wrote the outline for S2, deliberately made it bad in order to sabotage the show, and that Condal only caught on months later, forcing HBO to bring George in to supervise rewrites? It’s a fun story, but I wouldn’t put much stock in him.

21 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Wasn’t that from the same guy who said that Miguel wrote the outline for S2, deliberately made it bad in order to sabotage the show, and that Condal only caught on months later, forcing HBO to bring George in to supervise rewrites? It’s a fun story, but I wouldn’t put much stock in him.

I don't know for sure, but not as far as I remember?  I've just seen a screenshot of that convo but don't remember the username so IDK.  Have you been following that subreddit?

I know the one who spread rumors you mention is the same one who posted the "S2 outline" that was blatantly just someone listing F&B plot points and a popular Laenor theory. 

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

If I remember correctly, this same person claimed on Reddit to have seen some of the scripts of season 2. To know what kind of person he was and to check his credibility, I checked his post history. He previously posted about hundreds to thousands of low-effort posts in the same subreddit with only the intention of putting certain people in a bad light. He was very aggressive to anyone who questioned his claims. He harassed them.

Around the time the above rumors were being spread on popular accounts on Twitter, I found that the same person also had a Twitter account: there was a similar writing style, the same behavior. When I then looked at his Twitter profile, it turned out to be full of far-left and far-right propaganda. 

Despite the fact that by now it is already clear that production for season 2 will start later than originally planned, I do not find the claims of the above person credible. Everything gave me the impression that he was a manchild seeking attention. Remember, anyone can claim to have insider information and anyone can make fake leaks. I learned that when I was active in the gaming fandom. Some go really far for some attention on the Internet.

I used to be very aware of the GOT/HOTD production process behind the scenes. I have read and seen several leaks. Just about every reliable leak in the past regarding the scripts only came out during the post-production process, not before.

1 hour ago, $erPounce said:

If I remember correctly, this same person claimed on Reddit to have seen some of the scripts of season 2. To know what kind of person he was and to check his credibility, I checked his post history. He previously posted about hundreds to thousands of low-effort posts in the same subreddit with only the intention of putting certain people in a bad light. He was very aggressive to anyone who questioned his claims. He harassed them.

Around the time the above rumors were being spread on popular accounts on Twitter, I found that the same person also had a Twitter account: there was a similar writing style, the same behavior. When I then looked at his Twitter profile, it turned out to be full of far-left and far-right propaganda. 

Despite the fact that by now it is already clear that production for season 2 will start later than originally planned, I do not find the claims of the above person credible. Everything gave me the impression that he was a manchild seeking attention. Remember, anyone can claim to have insider information and anyone can make fake leaks. I learned that when I was active in the gaming fandom. Some go really far for some attention on the Internet.

I used to be very aware of the GOT/HOTD production process behind the scenes. I have read and seen several leaks. Just about every reliable leak in the past regarding the scripts only came out during the post-production process, not before.

Yeah, I remember him from the GOT years and he only just started to claim to have secret BTS knowledge a few months ago. Usually the real leakers use burner accounts. He also has a weird obsession with accusing people of trying to discredit him. The only thing he’s said that I’m willing to believe is that HBO probably does have plenty of employees with fake social media accounts shaping discourse. I’m sure most production companies do. That’s just the nature of entertainment now.

One thing I’ve found to be completely true in every fandom so far is that the AMA style posts are always fake. Leakers usually make a post with all the info in the OP and occasionally answer some questions. The people who come in doing AMAs are just looking for attention. 

Granted, it’s a GOT tradition at this point for the entire season’s plot to leak before the premiere. But I’ve never seen any genuine leaks from before the scripts are even finished.

I just took a look at what this so-called insider is spreading now.... He claimed a few days ago that HBO plans to fire Ryan Condal partly because of his ties to Linda Antonsson. Totally unbelievable and with no basis in reality. It's just unfortunate that some people actually believe these "rumors".

1 minute ago, $erPounce said:

I just took a look at what this so-called insider is spreading now.... He claimed a few days ago that HBO plans to fire Ryan Condal partly because of his ties to Linda Antonsson. Totally unbelievable and with no basis in reality. It's just unfortunate that some people actually believe these "rumors".

Ah, you're talking about that person. Yes, complete nutter and attention seeker. They tend to very conspiratorial BS, claiming that HBO is the secret hand behind all sorts of things.

Archived