The Small Stuff That Doesn’t Need a Thread #5

Fragile Bird

8 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

ps: if I have nightmares tonight, Ty, remember, I know where you live…

And I know where you live! Speaking of which, keep an eye on the mail in the next few weeks. I should have something heading your way shortly. Never shipped international though so hopefully I don't fuck it up! 

I’m sooooooooooooo bored. 

I brought a silly amount of entertainment with me so it’s rather obnoxious to be bored. I sent work emails at 4am because I couldn’t sleep. Then we had a vitals check. Then I napped. Then we had morning visits. Then we had bandages removed. Then I changed and attempted to brush my teeth left-handed. Then we had a tiny but decent breakfast. Then we had a shitty vending machine coffee with my roommate. And it’s still only 9:30. I. Am. So. Bored. 
( I’m sorry I bored you too with my boring and never ending morning, but I’m too bored)

Embrace the boredom...

A few years back, when I had bypass surgery, I developed hiccups. Which caused intense pain and kept me awake for two days. The doctors tried to treat it with anti-schizophrenia meds (lol), which, coupled with the morphine, sent me on the wildest, scariest trip I've ever had. 

A few days later, the catheter attached to the inside of my penis got caught in a nurses clothing as she walked away from the bed. Ow! Ow! Ow!

Then, the night before I was released from Barts, one of my wardmates had his girlfriend, who looked like a prostitute, visit him. They drew the curtains and fucked all night. It was horrific.

52 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Embrace the boredom...

A few years back, when I had bypass surgery, I developed hiccups. Which caused intense pain and kept me awake for two days. The doctors tried to treat it with anti-schizophrenia meds (lol), which, coupled with the morphine, sent me on the wildest, scariest trip I've ever had. 

A few days later, the catheter attached to the inside of my penis got caught in a nurses clothing as she walked away from the bed. Ow! Ow! Ow!

Then, the night before I was released from Barts, one of my wardmates had his girlfriend, who looked like a prostitute, visit him. They drew the curtains and fucked all night. It was horrific.

None of the set emoji responses really capture the right reaction. Incidents 1 and 3 sound like excerpts from a dystopian film. Incident 2 is more Carry On, Matron. 

36 minutes ago, dog-days said:

None of the set emoji responses really capture the right reaction. Incidents 1 and 3 sound like excerpts from a dystopian film. Incident 2 is more Carry On, Matron. 

Incident 1 was probably the worst. 

The night following my operation was like something out of Dante's Inferno.... One of the things the nurses make you do after heart surgery is to blow as hard as you can into a machine. This is to get your lungs working properly again. There was a really old man in the bed opposite mine, having trouble doing this. He had a nurse either side of him, holding him by the arms, cruciform. They were telling him to blow, but all he could do was scream in pain. It was fucking horrific and went on all night. 

My 4 year old (starts school August, turns 5 in September) is great at using potty or toilet during the day, but being a really good sleeper, presently only awakens at night if she needs a shit. So we kept her in pull-ups at night.

Wife decided a couple weeks ago that since she starts school in 6months, we need to stop the pull-ups.

So naturally she pissed everywhere first two nights (thank god for mattress protectors).

So now what we have to do is:

Pick her up grom bed while atill asleep and sit her on the potty when we go to bed. And set an alarm for 0400 in the morning to do the same.

So far it’s mostly working, but constantly having sleep interrupted is not great

Partner observes Valentine's Flowers in vase on shelf: "I guess I don't mind having flowers there."

I respond, "How tolerant of you.  Remember, you are the one who brought these roses into the apartment. You wanted them."

Partner: "O. Right."

Me:  "And the champagne. You wanted that and brought that too."

:cheers:

ETA -- Observe one and all: I got the last word!  :lol:

Edited by Zorral

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Embrace the boredom...

Holy F’ing shit. Thank goodness we don’t have curtains. We don’t even have visiting hours past 7pm. Boy oh boy. Were there no nurses on that ward? 

3 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Incident 1 was probably the worst. 

The night following my operation was like something out of Dante's Inferno.... One of the things the nurses make you do after heart surgery is to blow as hard as you can into a machine. This is to get your lungs working properly again. There was a really old man in the bed opposite mine, having trouble doing this. He had a nurse either side of him, holding him by the arms, cruciform. They were telling him to blow, but all he could do was scream in pain. It was fucking horrific and went on all night. 

I’m so sorry about this :( absolutely awful way to spend the first night. 

I had my surgery in the morning, and I was out by 10am but wasn’t quite lucid until around 1-2pm. The night was shitty, I barely slept. The bandage felt like a torture device, but since they removed it, I just feel numb and tingly in my armpit. That’s supposed to improve with physiotherapy. And it hurts to swallow. But I don’t give a shit about any of that, what bothers me is the lifestyle change. I’ve been doing everything, literally everything for myself on my own for 12 years and now I’ll need people to change my f’ing bedsheets for me for 3 months. What the f’ing f , I’m so pissed. If there was anything I liked and valued in myself it was my (slightly pathological) hyper independence. And bamm, I’ll never build a f’ing ikea cabinet in my life and I’ll not put up my own wallpaper in the summer. I cried over this three times already. None of you wanted to know that, sorry. I’m just so pissed. I miss the boredom. 

ETA: so I don’t just b* about stuff, I’ll also tell you that my former roommate (from the previous surgery appointment) has been texting me nonstop. She’s such a darling, she was The Dream Roommate. My current roommate is very nice too, we just don’t have the same chemistry. But I was super lucky both times.

Edited by RhaenysBee

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

’ve been doing everything, literally everything for myself on my own for 12 years and now I’ll need people to change my f’ing bedsheets for me for 3 months.

We understand about being upset by this, for sure.  You are still being very good, and everybody is glad you are coming through this as decently as possible.

We had some workers digging by our house foundation to do a minor repair and they kept finding bones. They were worried about finding a body but when I saw them I laughed because they were bones from the butcher my dogs had buried over the last 20 years or so. 

15 hours ago, Zorral said:

We understand about being upset by this, for sure.  You are still being very good, and everybody is glad you are coming through this as decently as possible.

I do feel like I’m a decent patient. I have my emotional ups and downs and little breakdowns. In my defense they are mostly internal or reserved for my close family, who need to endure my hysterics because I endure theirs too. I don’t accept the opinion that I should suppress them with a daily dose of alprazolam because this is tough shit and tough emotions are a natural part of it. I feel like I need to ride the waves so they pass undisrupted, rather than build a dam. 

ETA: me is going home today. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Going to try this again!

The Masked Singer has been trending on the internet, with the reveal from last night’s show, and holy crap!

Hide contents

The singer was 97-year old Dick Van Dyke! You know the exclamation….I didn’t know he was still alive!

I'm 100% that he is dead. Are you sure it wasn't some deep fake tech?