The Small Stuff That Doesn’t Need a Thread #5

Fragile Bird

34 minutes ago, A wilding said:

We have worked it out.

It stands for Reverse Victim and Offender. It is a technical psychological term relating to abuse cases, particularly sexual ones, basically meaning when the abuser claims that they were/are the one being abused. It appears to be a contraction of the much more widely used DARVO.

So I think that I am now feeling rather insulted!

Wow. I wonder in what context this could occur. And yeah I can see why you’d feel insulted :eek: :lol: 
Maybe the family member’s calmed down and reflected on their outburst since. Hopefully. 

I feel quite restored since I hit a low point on Tuesday. Went on a full circle walk around the school block and gave out dog cuddles and treats for properly performed exercises from the terrace as best as I could and I don’t even feel like I need a nap. *insert success kid meme from 10 years ago* 

Edited by RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow. I wonder in what context this could occur. And yeah I can see why you’d feel insulted :eek: :lol: 
Maybe the family member’s calmed down and reflected on their outburst since. Hopefully. 

It probably belongs in the Mental Health thread. :)

But briefly, it all started with a big family meeting basically to do with inheritance. It unexpectedly turned out that there were a wide range of positions on it. We have now reached a resolution that I think gives this person all they can reasonably expect (and has left one or two other people a bit unhappy) but they are still angry.

Basically they have had a difficult life and are a bit messed up. They are prone to considering themselves being victimised and to throwing around accusations of bullying and even abuse. I tend to keep my distance from them where possible.

And glad to hear that you have recovered from your operation.

Edited by A wilding

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I feel quite restored since I hit a low point on Tuesday. Went on a full circle walk around the school block and gave out dog cuddles and treats for properly performed exercises from the terrace as best as I could and I don’t even feel like I need a nap. *insert success kid meme from 10 years ago* 

I hope you were provided with information about arm exercises. It’s really important to do them, not just now but for weeks and even months. I slacked off too early, thinking I was back to normal when my range of motion really hadn’t been fully restored. Boring but necessary!

Take joy in the things around you. That’s very important as well! :love:

2 hours ago, A wilding said:

It probably belongs in the Mental Health thread. :)

But briefly, it all started with a big family meeting basically to do with inheritance. It unexpectedly turned out that there were a wide range of positions on it. We have now reached a resolution that I think gives this person all they can reasonably expect (and has left one or two other people a bit unhappy) but they are still angry.

Basically they have had a difficult life and are a bit messed up. They are prone to considering themselves being victimised and to throwing around accusations of bullying and even abuse. I tend to keep my distance from them where possible.

And glad to hear that you have recovered from your operation.

Ah I see. Well I’m sure emotions are high at a family event like this. And some people think that hardship entitles them to be disrespectful and give free rein to their resentment. Sorry about the difficult experience. Hope they calmed down a bit too and found a silver lining in what they received. 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I hope you were provided with information about arm exercises. It’s really important to do them, not just now but for weeks and even months. I slacked off too early, thinking I was back to normal when my range of motion really hadn’t been fully restored. Boring but necessary!

Take joy in the things around you. That’s very important as well! /cdn-cgi/mirage/3079d70471035a0f69517f12d6b3febb59c8bdb116175430da4eef3bf34d12ea/1280/https://asoiaf.westeros.org/uploads/emoticons/default_love.gif

I was, we had two physiotherapy sessions at the hospital and got a booklet for home. I’ve been doing 3x15 minutes of exercises a day. If the numbness goes away (which was projected to be about 3 weeks) I can get down to 2x15 minutes. I don’t mind it too much because it’s good for my back and posture as well, and I can feel that my arm does need it, always feels better after the exercise. 
Thank you :love: 

Finally! Scored chickpea flour, so now I can make chickpea flour pancakes with apple and pear for brunch over the weekend, when the weather is promised to be even more miserable than it is now -- much colder and wetter than now, and it's already damp and cold.  Also, They Say, even snow!

I mention this because I've been looking for chickpea flour every time I've been in either the supermarket or TJ's for weeks, and it hasn't been there, though almond flour, coconut flour, etc. etc. etc. were.

17 hours ago, Zorral said:

Finally! Scored chickpea flour, so now I can make chickpea flour pancakes with apple and pear for brunch over the weekend, when the weather is promised to be even more miserable than it is now -- much colder and wetter than now, and it's already damp and cold.  Also, They Say, even snow!

I mention this because I've been looking for chickpea flour every time I've been in either the supermarket or TJ's for weeks, and it hasn't been there, though almond flour, coconut flour, etc. etc. etc. were.

Never heard of chickpea flour but now I want pancakes for breakfast tomorrow :drunk: 

I eat all day everyday since I left the hospital so I dearly hope it’ll start showing on the bathroom scale as well. The first time I tried to get the surgery the OR nurse asked me my weight and said “ah dearie, but don’t you like to eat?” Lady, I sure as hell do, it just never seems to stick. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Never heard of chickpea flour but now I want pancakes for breakfast tomorrow :drunk: 

I eat all day everyday since I left the hospital so I dearly hope it’ll start showing on the bathroom scale as well. The first time I tried to get the surgery the OR nurse asked me my weight and said “ah dearie, but don’t you like to eat?” Lady, I sure as hell do, it just never seems to stick. 

Sounds like Mr Tyr. He's 6'2 and went from 180lbs to about 165. He has a pretty physical job, and a crazy high metabolism. I told him the other day that snuggling up to him was like cuddling a bag of sticks!

Edited by Tyria

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Googling brings up many varieties of chickpea flour pancakes, including something that is Italian, and almost like a frittata, filled with veg.  This flour is good for people who need to be gluten free too.  The end product can be 'sweet' or veggie, at one's own preference, which I like too.  Partner of course, for brunch has voted 'sweet.'

23 hours ago, Zorral said:

Googling brings up many varieties of chickpea flour pancakes, including something that is Italian, and almost like a frittata, filled with veg.  This flour is good for people who need to be gluten free too.  The end product can be 'sweet' or veggie, at one's own preference, which I like too.  Partner of course, for brunch has voted 'sweet.'

I've made chickpea pancakes a few times.  The flour makes good, filling pancakes, they're good!

50 minutes ago, LongRider said:

they're good!

I haven't made them yet -- I planned to, this AM, as the temperature is below freezing.  But Partner had a business brunch meeting elsewhere so again, postponed.  Though I admit I am tempted to make some even though here alone.  If I did, oooo, Partner's face!  Ooooo, mean! :angry2:

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

I haven't made them yet -- I planned to, this AM, as the temperature is below freezing.  But Partner had a business brunch meeting elsewhere so again, postponed.  Though I admit I am tempted to make some even though here alone.  If I did, oooo, Partner's face!  Ooooo, mean! :angry2:

Tempting!  As an aside, they freeze well so if a big batch is made, no worries, put the extra in the freezer.   

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

This week marks the 50th anniversary of the release of The Dark Side of the Moon. Not only is the album iconic, the cover of the album is one of the most recognizable album covers ever.

This, also Nevermind & Abbey Road.  Can't think of anything else that comes close.  There are obviously ones from huge albums that everyone will recognise, but the covers were just Meh. 

Today I deleted my accounts on all of my dating apps. This was exhilarating because I just want to be free of my phone and because I did it my way, I will go farther in the pursuit of not using the phone. I think I will be using the phone as 1). camera for photos, 2) easy access anywhere to Facebook, 3). the way to manage my medications daily, and 4). texting my Mom and you know regular things a phone does. But the people I have in my phone as contacts are my sister, my Dad, my Mom, the psych doc office, and my primary care doctor. I am not joking, it's true that I have but these people. I guess I am going to be going on a journey.

Yesterday to celebrate making it to March I had a takeaway from a Sri Lankan and South Indian place. It's the first time I've tried food from that cooking tradition (it's not well-represented in Britain compared to North Indian cuisine), and it was amazing. I had a dosa with sambar and pickle and a chana masala. The dosa was chewy and savoury, a little reminiscent of a Breton galette though made with fermented lentils and no buckwheat flour. The masala was fragrant and comforting. For budget and waistline reasons, I can't go back every week, but once every few months should be manageable.