The Small Stuff That Doesn’t Need a Thread #5

Fragile Bird

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

My fascist sister in Denver blames ME. I did this so that I could make her and where she lives look less important than me and where I live.  I. Kid. You. NOT.

Oh, did you sneak over the Canadian border with your lighters and matches and set the fires just for her then?  Siblings can be so ungrateful.*  

I am however glad you mentioned the Colo fires, I barely paid attention them.  I mean, wildfires are springing up in many places in North America now, get a clue sis, they ain't stopping anytime soon.  

Did she harangue you for mask wearing because of smoke?  Already seen anti-maskers screeching and squawking about it.  Meanwhile, real people in two countries are sharing the horrible effects of climate change and are really suffering.  

*I have one of those sisters too.

38 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hey hey hey! Chemtrails and Jewish lasers!

No, no, no. Why do I have to explain this? The lasers are trying to destroy McCarthy's speakership. Clearly the lizard people are behind the Canadian fires.

Jokes aside, a week or so ago I was wondering why the sky looked so odd, but it wasn't a storm. Minneapolis doesn't look anything like NY, but still, odd. This is happening much more frequently in the last few years. I don't recall this ever happening as a kid through college. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

33 minutes ago, LongRider said:

I am however glad you mentioned the Colo fires, I barely paid attention them.  I mean, wildfires are springing up in many places in North America now, get a clue sis, they ain't stopping anytime soon.  

What I did was check in with her regularly to see how they were and express sympathy and wishes for their safety.  In return, even then, I got harangues that it was it was her husband's fault for making her leave, first, North Dakota, and then, Nebraska, to come there and build this huge beautiful house with great yard that was ruined by drought and wildfires.  I. Kid. You. NOT.

I am so glad I'm not her, even though I can't go outside.

Oh, did you sneak over the Canadian border with your lighters and matches and set the fires just for her then?  Siblings can be so ungrateful.* 

Actually, I think I did it with the power of my mind alone, just thinking shit up to victimize her, quite in the same way dumster declassfies because he thinks declassify.  That's the implication, anyway.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I am so glad I'm not her, even though I can't go outside.

Keep us posted, the smoke may be around for a while, unfortunately.  

8 minutes ago, LongRider said:

the smoke may be around for a while, unfortunately.  

At this time yesterday, even through the bathroom frosted windows, the air appeared second hand smoke room yellow-brown-orange.  Not today, and the sky is a sort of milky white, not brown etc.  That's something.  We're really lucky not to be in a heat dome or inversion, and that the temperature is barely, if that, hitting 70.  Imma gonna take what I can get!

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Ha!  It's official.  If not moi it was Wimmenz!

33 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Ha!  It's official.  If not moi it was Wimmenz!

Glad to hear he's not a misogynist!  He's from Ohio apparently, so is the issue Canadian wimmenz or American wimmenz fire fighters?  Seems he only cares about smoke in America, not at all about the smoke in Canada or the damage the fires are doing there.  Well, Pat Robertson died today, someone has to pick up the anti-women's lib flag I suppose.  

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I died at The Mist part. 

Yes, that part was quite funny.    

Edited by LongRider

Imma gonna guess he picked up this idea from the so-called reporting in Canada that the women fire fighters started the Banff wildfire by failing at their exercise in a controlled burn. This was all over the place at the start of May in Canada

19 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Yes, that part was quite funny.    

It's kind of amazing when the story is in large part about the stupidity of fearing others. 

16 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Jewish Space Lasers turning the manliest of the most manliest firefighters into womenz is the real reason.

That's how you combine right wing theories. Amateurs.

Not just women, lesbians. Get your JSL facts in order.

What Mr. Ohio doesn't understand is these types of wildfires are going to be with us for a good long while.  They are dangerous and not like the forest fires of old according to scientists.  The fires create their own weather, heat, wind, funnels of fire and other scary shit.   Easy to start and hard to fight. 

The big fires in the West these last few years have pulled fire fighters from all around the country and other countries as well.  I don't know anything about how the fires in Banff started but am familiar with once started in forests damaged by drought, with more dead trees than in previous years and unhealthy trees infested with insects, tend to be tinder boxes.  

All fire fighters are needed, and sorry Ohio dude, even the wimmenz ones.  

Ok, I had to look up the Banff fire crap.

It was a prescribed burn and guess what, prescribed burns sometimes go out of control (there was a wind shift, apparently). It was only three hectares. And, btw, only 4.4% of firefighters in Canada are women so they must be setting a hell of a lot of fires (3,000 at last estimate). Such a small group, and so busy!

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Ok, I had to look up the Banff fire crap.

Thanks, prescribed burns can be real tricky is what I understand, who knew estrogen is so flammable?   /s

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

And, btw, only 4.4% of firefighters in Canada are women so they must be setting a hell of a lot of fires (3,000 at last estimate). Such a small group, and so busy!

3000 fires!  Holey shit!

16 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

only 4.4% of firefighters in Canada are women so they must be setting a hell of a lot of fires (3,000 at last estimate). Such a small group, and so busy!

The wimmez always have to work harder to get the attention of the shit posters, amirite? :P

BTW, the comments to that tweet / and the youtube that somebody else about Canadian women firefighters -- appalling doesn't even come close.  So few women, so many thousands of virulent hating males giving them all their hate at once.

Edited by Zorral

Not sure where to better ask:

My oldest daughter [15] gets crippling cramps during her period that are so bad she invariably misses a day or two of school. We tried getting her on the pill last year [for management] but our family doc nixed it because Llyra said she wasn't sexually active. I made another appointment because I had to pick her up from school just now and I'm just going to tell him she is active so quit being a prick and write the script.

In the interim, or even going forward if the pill doesn't help mitigate as much as we'd like: I've got a heating blanket [which infrequently helps] Midol, Gravol [she also gets nauseous] so my question to the many women on the board who may suffer in the same respect, what works for you to take the edge off?

Edited by JGP

2 hours ago, JGP said:

what works for you to take the edge off?

This is a difficult condition, particularly as she's so young.

A lot of what women are using isn't optimum.  For quite a while I used Ibuprofen, Tylonel, Advil, etc., until finally I got the information how damaging to the liver they are.

Using bc pills, when not sexually active, i.e. not needed for their purpose, isn't optimum either.

However, I have a suggestion -- if it is at all feasible, i.e. available/legal where you live.  Medical Cannabis.  Going through the hoops to get certified to use it is a pita, but this stuff really works for certain pain, but which ones, well, only the person using it can know certainly.  Be very clear I'm not referring to actual THC, the stuff that makes one high -- I can't stand that, myself -- and you don't want to encourage your daughter for this.  But there are tablets and other forms available in a licensed medical cannabis dispensary that performs miracles for various kinds of inflammatory pain, from crippling arthritis and rheumatism -- so elders love it -- And it doesn't make one gaga -- to chronic crippling back pain, and so on.  It works for me.  But the emphasis is on me, because all of us are very different, and because something is right and good for me doesn't mean it will be for you.