Football: A League United

polishgenius

Caicedo has signed a new contract with Brighton until 2027 with the club having the option to extend for a further year. Reports that there is no release clause in his new contract.

6 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, it's worrying that there's any kind of extended 'investigation'. We all heard the tape, guys. Kick him in the teeth.

Worrying but hardly surprising. The decision on whether Greenwood stays or goes will be based entirely on financial considerations i.e. will the potential reputational damage be more expensive than paying out his contract. I'm fairly sure this is what the extended internal investigation is all about - the brass are probably speaking to all the sponsors to gauge whether the club might lose money if Greenwood is brought back.

4 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, it's worrying that there's any kind of extended 'investigation'. We all heard the tape, guys. Kick him in the teeth.

It's revolting. A warmly-lit, soft-focus, Sky Sports mea culpa, followed by 'therapy' for  the rapist?

I wouldn't be surprised if they go down the poor Mason route, his daddy wasn't around to teach him that it isn't okay to rape women. And, oh, look, he's quite good at football. :ack:

I wonder what United's women think about all this. Of course, their wants and needs and, most importantly of all, their safety, will likely not even cross the minds of the men making this decision.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Real Madrid are set to make a move for Newcastle CM Bruno Guimarães. [Mundo Deportivo]

We might have to to make FFP work. If we can get 100 million to reinvest it might work out.

I'll be devastated though. He's our best player for 20 years. And I fucking hate RM, he'll look much worse in that boring white shirt.

5 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I wonder what United's women think about all this. 

About what you'd think.

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

We might have to to make FFP work. If we can get 100 million to reinvest it might work out.

I dunno. I mean, obviously 100mil is a good amount of money, but he's such a good player. You could spend the entire 100mil on central midfielders and still not be guaranteed that you've brought in as much quality. 

Like, it'd be good for us if you let him go. Even better if you let him go to us, because he's exactly the player we need for ETH's style to work and to partner Casemiro. But you should do all you can to keep him.

To be fair, he seems like he's quite happy to stay. Obviously, Madrid can turn heads, but he seems to have bought into the club and city, so he might well be persuaded to hang around to see how things go. 

On 3/2/2023 at 4:58 PM, Spockydog said:

As an aside, I heard today that LIV Golf's latest tournament attracted fewer US television viewers than America's Funniest Animals.

I'll tell you the same, I tell ty on those occasions.

GOLF IS NOT A SPORT! THUS CAN WE STOP POLLUTING A PERFECTLY FINE SPORT'S THREAD WITH GOLF, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

49 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I dunno. I mean, obviously 100mil is a good amount of money, but he's such a good player. You could spend the entire 100mil on central midfielders and still not be guaranteed that you've brought in as much quality. 

Like, it'd be good for us if you let him go. Even better if you let him go to us, because he's exactly the player we need for ETH's style to work and to partner Casemiro. But you should do all you can to keep him.

To be fair, he seems like he's quite happy to stay. Obviously, Madrid can turn heads, but he seems to have bought into the club and city, so he might well be persuaded to hang around to see how things go. 

Honestly, I'd rather he went to a rival tha RM, even Man Utd. I really really fucking hate Madrid. 

Arsenal's tactics have been reduced to just booting it at Bournemouth's players' hands and calling for penalties.

43 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

We apparently played OK, but we need to do something to stop the season fizzing out. 

Your frontline isn't good enough really. If Isak can get fit for a good stretch that should help. Wilson's just a bit lightweight up there. 

I don't understand why Leicester are so shit now. Like, keeping up the level after coming so close to top 4 was always gonna be hard, but even by the higher standards of the current day that squad should be too good to go down. But they're not. 

Archived