Best Minor Characters?

Craving Peaches

I’m interpreting minor as non-PoV characters - they have different levels of “minorness”. 

Brynden Bloodraven Rivers

Tormund Giantsbane, the Thunderfist; Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts

Nimble Dick

Septon Meribald

Alysane Mormont

Dacey Mormont - even though we don’t really get to know her

Jeyne Heddle

You guys are killing me here.  Alayne Stone, Cat of the Canals and Hugor Hill are um alter egos of major characters, like Reek and Tormund is a B level character or major minor player.  I categorize the rest as C players.   I don't know that characters on the B level get any better than Tormund...maybe The Hound, yes definitely The Hound and Pod and Meera and Jojen and Hodor and Thoros.  Well there are Varys and frickin Little Finger and Lysa she was a trip.  

As far as C level players go it's hard to top Septon Meribald or Elder Brother, but everyone knows I love Pia and Old Nan and Jory...I better stop and leave some for everyone else.  

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

He is quite cool. He met aliens.

He is pretty cool. I don't think he did that but I do think he did something nearly as cool. He made up a story about meeting aliens. But all of this sounds pretty major. 

I meant the other Hugor Hill, the bastard slave who's missing a nose ;)

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

You guys are killing me here.  Alayne Stone, Cat of the Canals and Hugor Hill are um alter egos of major characters, like Reek

You see I like Ramsay more then Sansa and I like Theon more then Arya, but Reek is surely not a minor character.

Alaynes got one chapter, she's practically Chett

3 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

I love Pia and Old Nan and Jory

In all seriousness, Pia and Jory! I like those, tbh I feel like Old Nan is kinda, not major, but not Pia.

I like Lem and Tom, and Anguy, and Harwin lol... Jory was a good pick... I can't think of any real minor characters. All for Joffrey?

16 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

You see I like Ramsay more then Sansa and I like Theon more then Arya, but Reek is surely not a minor character.

Alaynes got one chapter, she's practically Chett

In all seriousness, Pia and Jory! I like those, tbh I feel like Old Nan is kinda, not major, but not Pia.

I like Lem and Tom, and Anguy, and Harwin lol... Jory was a good pick... I can't think of any real minor characters. All for Joffrey?

Ah I see where you went there then and you are right, Reek is not minor.  Old Nan gets mentioned a lot.  Bran is forever remembering her stories and Arya remembers Jory quite a bit.  Yep, Joffrey is a great minor character.  There are so many we dredge up at different times.  Honestly I could come back at different times and just throw different names in, but I am trying to maintain.

1 minute ago, StarkTullies said:

All of Brienne's traveling companions: Podrick Payne, Dick Crabb, Hyle Hunt, Septon Meribald, and of course Dog.

What would you give to spend 1 day just combing the beach with Dick Crabb, really!  Brienne does find some of the best people to hang with.  

Archived