Robb's worst sin

The Gizzard of Oz

1 hour ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

If Cersei’s moronic assassination plot failed and Robert returned from his hunting trip, Tywin would have to go to KL, or all of Westeros would be called against the Lannisters

I dont think bobby b was gonna make it that long..if the strong wine didnt kill him hed drink til he passes out as usual .... he was never gonna be allowed to wake up from and sleep it off with lancel and pycelle right there to end him.

39 minutes ago, Prince Rhaegar Targareyen said:

An oath taken under extortion isn’t the same as one made in good faith.

its a fedual system at  war he cannot declare neutrality 

He cannot be seen to allow an enemy force to march across his land unmolested...he has to pick sides. Plus if they chose to besiege him letting them just  march past his walls with 0 resistance to  turn and later begin surrounding them without doing squat is dangerous !!

A deal.had to be struck then and there to decide the freys side.

Edited by astarkchoice

8 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

You know, you might want to try not having the exact same posting style across all of your accounts. Your trolling is already too implausible to be ineffective, so you should at least do a better job of pretending there is a group of you.

I’ve noticed this as well. The style seems almost identical in nearly all of his/her accounts. 

22 minutes ago, Adelstein said:

Not this nonsense again.

Yes, the Freys were entitled to be aggrieved by Robb's repudiation of the marraige contract. No, it doesn't justify the Red Wedding.

What are you talking about? Breaking a marriage pact totally justifies genocide, lol

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. 

52 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Baseless speculation w/ no backing whatsoever behind it. 

Nope.on quick glance iv re-read

Cat says the marriage contract was made at the twins and walder had seen robb off with 1000 mounted and 3000 foot indicating yeah they met and formalized the alliance.

Also on reflection cat is just neds widow robb is head of house stark any alliance made would be between him and walder, catt just worked out the details informaly robb would have had to swear to it himself to make it solid enough to march off to war on.

16 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

Nope.on quick glance iv re-read

Cat says the marriage contract was made at the twins and walder had seen robb off with 1000 mounted and 3000 foot indicating yeah they met and formalized the alliance.

Also on reflection cat is just neds widow robb is head of house stark any alliance made would be between him and walder, catt just worked out the details informaly robb would have had to swear to it himself to make it solid enough to march off to war on.

Oaths are typically given between vassal and overlord, when being invested with lands, or confirmed in them, or upon joining an order.

While it’s not impossible that the bargain between Robb and Walder was sealed with oaths, I’d think it unlikely.

The Freys come up with ridiculous stories about Robb attacking them in wolf form, to justify their actions.  Why insist on something so ridiculous, if in fact, their actions were legitimate?

Edited by SeanF

24 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Oaths are typically given between vassal and overlord, when being invested with lands, or confirmed in them, or upon joining an order.

While it’s not impossible that the bargain between Robb and Walder was sealed with oaths, I’d think it unlikely.

The Freys come up with ridiculous stories about Robb attacking them in wolf form, to justify their actions.  Why insist on something so ridiculous, if in fact, their actions were legitimate?

Why make up stories ? Because the breaking of the guest rights is so taboo ,they try the ridiculous self defence vs werewolves  story

As for the bargain id say it highly unlikely the old man would agree to anything unless he had solid guarantee of an oath , tyrion says the same of him on hearing about the red wedding ie he wont jump without something concrete backing it

1 hour ago, astarkchoice said:

This theres plenty of neutrals at court they could have for a time threatened to match any mistreatment of sansa with that of jamie!

Plus Cleos Frey; as the go-between for the Starks and the Lannisters, Robb could have had terms set up for Sansa there, like "While my sister is under your custody she is not to be harmed; if Sansa is mistreated that punishment will be met with equal force on your uncle Ser Jaime".

52 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Plus Cleos Frey; as the go-between for the Starks and the Lannisters, Robb could have had terms set up for Sansa there, like "While my sister is under your custody she is not to be harmed; if Sansa is mistreated that punishment will be met with equal force on your uncle Ser Jaime".

Id have been more brutal

Jamie is a man and can take more of a beating

Id remind them of my bannerman boltons sigil!! Or say that theres a lotta wild  mountain boys in my army and jamie is very pretty.....sansa stays unharmed or jamie gets a 'romantic night' with one of my hill savages