Acrophobia 44 - Round 7 (LAST ONE!!!)

Jez Bell

Please send me a private message entitled "Acrophobia 44: [your board name]" to sign up.

Theme: Westeros eBay... WeBay.  Each round will feature an item of great value.  Your goal will be to create the tag line.  You'll need to balance descriptive details against bang for buck.  Sell, sell, sell.

Game play:

8 rounds.  In each round, the Host will provide an item and 3-4 sets of letters.  Select one set of letters to craft a phrase to describe and sell your item and send to the Host in the private message thread. 

• Use only one set of letters for your entry. 
  • Each entry must use all letters in the set
  • Each letter in a set must correspond to the words in the entry (e.g. TATR = These are the rules)
  • You may add any punctuation you wish to emphasize your point
  • Fancy formatting will likely get lost in the cut and paste.

Send as many entries as you like, but the Host will (frustratingly) give no opinion other than enforcement of the rules.  It is the player's responsibility to select a "final answer" prior to the deadline.  The Host will provide multiple warnings.  The last entry will be the default pick if the Host is ghosted. (you heard me)

Once all entries are received, they will be posted in this thread for voting. 

Each round will be about a week.  Extensions will be granted if requested before the deadline.  If you miss the deadline without requesting an extension, you will lose your submission point*.  

New players are welcome to join at any time. :) 

Scoring:

You vote for your favorite three entries in order of preference in the game thread.

1st place is worth 3 points

2nd place is worth 2 points

3rd place is worth 1 point

You will receive a point for creating an entry before the deadline and a point for voting.  Anyone can vote, even if you aren't playing.

The player with the highest number of 1st place votes will gain a bonus 3 points, 2 points each if there is tie

Summary Standings 

Round 7 - Deadline for Entries:  April 29

Players Total R 1 R 2 B 2.1 R 3 B 3.1 R 4 B 4.1 R 5 B 5.1 Ext

Castellan 74 6 11 6 8 5 15 4 7 7 5
Fragile Bird 67 18 6 6 12 6 9 6 4 0  
RhaenysBee 61 4 13 7 7 5 4 2 15 4  
Ser Not Appearing 50 14 7 1 5 1 9 4 6 1 2
Eternally Theirs 46 5 4 0 7   16 2 7 5  
Howlin' Howland 43 3 2 7 12 5 2 1 7 4  
Lilac & Gooseberries 37 5 4 0 1 6 4 7 6 4  
Julia H.  26 12 7 6 1   0 0 0 0  

*At the discretion of the host and circumstances.  Public shaming is not off the table.  

Edited by Jez Bell

I have a stupid question to ask. I have an  iPhone, and I’m trying to delete messages because the box is full. I can select messages, but I have checked every available option and can’t find “delete message”, only an option to empty the box of all messages. Can someone tell me how to delete messages?

Update - ok, I figured out how to delete messages individually. I’m sure there used to be the ability to check off messages and delete all those marked, but if I have to go through them one by one I will.

Edited by Fragile Bird
Update

2 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

good shout, thanks!

13 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'll play. Just remember to chase me down in the old Facebook group if I become non-responsive like the inconsistent ser that I am.

I don't use the facebook machine, so I suppose you'll just have to show up. B)

Round 1 

For sale: "Lives of Four Kings", a book by Grand Maester Kaeth.  Leather bound and beautifully illustrated.  One of only 3 remaining copies written in the original hand of Kaeth, after the 4th copy was unceremoniously destroyed by a stupid boy. 

Please create a tagline to fetch the best possible price for this rare work. 

Letters:

Q S T

D O V D

A P X C K

H L O M E H

Deadline:  Monday, February 27, 1pm GMT

Good luck!

:) 

Edited by Jez Bell

This round seemed a bit brutal.  Difficult item and even worse letters.

I've added an extra set of letters for this round.  Hoping this gives you more options in the time left:) 

On 2/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, Jez Bell said:

Round 1 

For sale: "Lives of Four Kings", a book by Grand Maester Kaeth.  Leather bound and beautifully illustrated.  One of only 3 remaining copies written in the original hand of Kaeth, after the 4th copy was unceremoniously destroyed by a stupid boy. 

Please create a tagline to fetch the best possible price for this rare work. 

Letters:

Q S T

D O V D

A P X C K

H L O M E H

Deadline:  Monday, February 27, 1pm GMT

Good luck!

:) 

Edited by Jez Bell

13 hours ago, Eternally_Theirs said:

I am not really feeling it. I signed up because the original OP said that we would be describing characters.

Sorry to hear that.  I started with a difficult one.  See if you can hang in for a couple of rounds, it would be a shame to lose you.