Acrophobia 44 - Round 7 (LAST ONE!!!)

Jez Bell

3 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Did you have surgery 16 days ago?

Yep, on Valentine’s Day exactly. Not quite as freshly as you. 

2 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Wait, what?  You had surgery recently? 

Are you ok?  Is everyone ok?

*burns sage and lavender*

Yep, and I’m ok, thank you! 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

RB had a lumpectomy under very stressful conditions, she was literally ready to go, on the stretcher, two weeks prior, when the surgeon decided it had to be delayed. I myself had a lumpectomy 23 months ago and if that happened to me I would have been very very upset.

That was a whole ride indeed. Oh well, all’s good now. 

I have nothing medical to contribute thank goodness, but best wishes to you brave people.

My partner did have a heart attack a while ago. Luckily he was a kilometre from a major hospital with a cardiac emergency ward when it happened and now has a couple of stents in his heart. It turned out he has a super cholesterol producing gene and they can't understand why he didn't die at 20. He has agreed to go in a trial of a new drug. As well as a having regular injections and taking blood to see what's happening to him they take his blood cells for experimentation. He is one of those cell line people now.

I hope everyone is well - speedy recovery to all who need it!

My vote:

1. 6)  Hark: Limited, original manuscript! Elegant! Handwritten!

2. 4)  Highly limited offering! Maester’s extraordinary hagiography!

3. 1)  Details of Valyrian Dudes.

:D

Happy Sunday!

All votes have been cast for round 1, so I'll post the results shortly. 

Still missing several entries for Round 2, with approx 15 hours left.  If you need an extension, NOW is the time to ask!  

:) 

ROUND 1 Results:

1. Details of Valyrian Dudes.  (Castellan)  1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (2) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  6
  2. Quite stunning tome.  (Howlin' Howland) 1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (0) 0  +  3rd place (1) 1  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  3
  3. Additionally packed: Xylophone construction kit. (Lilac & Gooseberries)   1st place (1) 3  +  2nd place (0) 0  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  5
  4. Highly limited offering! Maester’s extraordinary hagiography!  (Fragile Bird)  1st place (3) 9  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (2) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2  +  1st Place Bonus 3  =  18
  5. Honor luminesces over my engraved history (Julia H.)  1st place (2) 6  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (2) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  12
  6. Hark: Limited, original manuscript! Elegant! Handwritten! (Ser Not Appearing)  1st place (2) 6  +  2nd place (3) 6  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  14
  7. Quality stuff. Truthfully. (Eternally Theirs)  1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (1) 1  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  5
  8. !!!Authentic!!! (Phonies xeroxed, censored.) Keeper!  (RhaenysBee)  1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  4

Summary standings:

Fragile Bird                       18

Ser Not Appearing           14

Julia H.                              12

Castellan                            6

Lilac & Gooseberries         5

Eternally Theirs                 5

RhaenysBee                      4

Howlin' Howland               3

Fragile Bird wins the round with a lovely entry, snagging the most first place votes.  Julia and Ser followed closely with a couple of first place picks each.  All the entries were impressive in that difficult round.  Now that the kinks are out, I can't wait to see what Round 2 brings. 

(Please check my math)

Edited by Jez Bell

Round 3

For sale: For sale: "Ruby Choker".  Large multi-faceted precious gem with deep wine hues, set in a rose-gold necklace.  This glamorous piece is said to have belonged to Melisandre of Asshai, a red priestess of R'hllor.  Add the finishing touch to your scarlet ensemble with this stunner and take years off your look.

Letters:

R E D 

J E W E L

A M U L E T

Deadline: Sunday, March 19

Good Luck :) 

Edited by Jez Bell

Round 2: "Catspaw Dagger"

1)  Tilted, ornate. Narrow grip. Unique execution. 

2)  Knife. Inflicted trauma.

3)  Kills icy terrors.

4)  Keep it true.

5)  Try our notorious, genuine, used exsanguinator.

6)  Knife, I think

7)  Glamorous object... Tyrion's? Yours! (Authentic!)

8)  Thrusting option needed? Glorious, unbelievable, edge!

Amazing work everyone.  Please vote for your 3 faves in the thread before the round 3 deadline.

:)