Acrophobia 44 - Round 7 (LAST ONE!!!)

Jez Bell

Last shot for bonus round 5.1 entries.  12'ish hours left.

Be sure to vote before you play.

Also

Spoiler

We've had one player solve the easter egg riddle.  Still more points up for grabs, but only if you solve it in the next 12 hours.

Edited by Jez Bell

6 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I need a clue to help me find a clue for finding the dragon eggs. Complete blank.

I don't really understand the brief - is it clues or lost ads? But i just sent s'thing in. There will probably be diverse responses.

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

I don't really understand the brief - is it clues or lost ads? But i just sent s'thing in. There will probably be diverse responses.

so, I suppose the brief was confusing.  I was looking for clues/theories as to where the eggs may be.  It could be that they were destroyed, it could be that someone has them, it could be that no one knows...  It was pretty open for interpretation.  Not really ads in this case, unless you wanted to do a wanted ad.

Let's add another 24 hours to the clock and just hope for something soft-boiled.

OK, it's been a lot this week with a bonus, a regular, and a riddle.  Let's take a breath and try to get through the current tasks.

Bonus Round 5.1 - 7am BST Wednesday April 12

Round 6 entries - 7am BST Friday April 14

Riddle entries are now closed.  I was willing to give out extra points for additional solvers, but no takers.

Edited by Jez Bell

Bonus Round 5.1 - Dragon Eggs

1)  Found outside Winterfell's nursery. Dayne.

2)  Lying on secret table.

3)  Faultless ovum - wants nurturing dragonrider.

4)  Finder: Osfryd! Where? Not documented… 

5)  Lizard's only scion, trainable.

Please vote for your ONE favorite in the thread before we close round 6.  Sooner, if you wish.  Remember, you still get a point for voting even if you didn't submit an entry.

(I have some spreadsheet issues, so I had to go back through messages to scan for entries.  If I have missed any, please shout loudly)

Edited by Jez Bell

On 4/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, Jez Bell said:

OK, it's been a lot this week with a bonus, a regular, and a riddle.  Let's take a breath and try to get through the current tasks.

Bonus Round 5.1 - 7am BST Wednesday April 12

Round 6 entries - 7am BST Friday April 14

Riddle entries are now closed.  I was willing to give out extra points for additional solvers, but no takers.

Well, we blew past that Round 6 deadline and and I am still missing a bunch of entries.  I'll extend by 24 hours, but kindly ask for an extension if you need it.

Round 5 results - Crown of Winter Roses

1. Beauty’s legacy. Elegiac. Unblemished. - (Castellan) - 1st place (1) 3  +  2nd place (0) 0  +  3rd place (2) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  7
  2. Blue laurels ...? ... eh ... uh ...? - (Ser Not Appearing) - 1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (2) 4  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  6
  3. Iconic crown, Yo. - (Howlin' Howland) - 1st place (1) 3  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  7
  4. Lovestruck arrangement. Union repudiated. Elia lost. - (Eternally Theirs) - 1st place (1) 3  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (0) 0  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  7
  5. Lyanna’s acceptance unfortunately ruined Elia’s love. - (Fragile Bird) - 1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (1) 1  +  Sub/Vote 1  =  4
  6. Lovers’ artifact! (!Unfaithful replicas everywhere!) Limited. - (RhaenysBee) - 1st place (3) 9  +  2nd place (0) 0  +  3rd place (1) 1  +  Sub/Vote 2  +  1st Place Bonus 3  =  15
  7. Behold!  Love's emblem!  Unworldly! - (Lilac & Gooseberries) - 1st place (0) 0  +  2nd place (1) 2  +  3rd place (2) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2  =  6

Bonus Round 5.1 results - Dragon Eggs

1. Found outside Winterfell's nursery. Dayne. - (Lilac & Gooseberries) - Votes (0) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2 = 4
  2. Lying on secret table. - (Eternally Theirs) - Votes (1) 4  +  Sub/Vote 1 = 5
  3. Faultless ovum - wants nurturing dragonrider. - (Castellan) - Votes (4) 5  +  Sub/Vote 2 = 7
  4. Finder: Osfryd! Where? Not documented…  - (RhaenysBee) - Votes (0) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2 = 4
  5. Lizard's only scion, trainable. - (Howlin' Howland) - Votes (0) 2  +  Sub/Vote 2 = 4
  6. (Ser Not Appearing) -   Sub/Vote 1 = 1

RhaenysBee dominated the main round with the most first place votes.  Everyone else did pretty well, with the remainder of votes fairly evenly split.  The bonus round perplexed many, but Castellan pulled it out with an amazing entry.  Eternally Theirs also scored a vote.  As everyone else was technically tied for third place, I've awarded 2 points each.

In addition, Castellan was the only one to solve the riddle to gain an extra 5 points!  Ser also gets 2 points for pointing out an error with the round 5 entries.

Full riddle

Spoiler

5 dragon eggs are about to hatch, It’s a big deal.  People have come from far and wide to witness the event. After hatching, each dragon sought out a human companion from the crowd, with whom they would form a lifelong bond. No two dragons are the same colour, and each human chosen lives in a different village. From the clues below, can you determine the name, colour and hatching order of each dragon, as well as the name and village of their chosen companions?

1) The dragon that will reside in Crannigton hatched before Khalel and after the one that bonded with Aron.

2) Elon (who is not from Gorgewater) was not chosen by Zaria, nor was he chosen by the green dragon.

3) Azreal (who did not hatch 4th) hatched before the red dragon, but after the bronze (who did not choose Reagan).

4) No dragon chose a human whose name begins with the same letter as their own. On the same note, no dragon's name begins with the same letter as their color.

5) The dragons hatched in the following order: Bael, the one whose companion is from Canning, the blue dragon, the purple dragon, and the one who chose Jaragon.

6) Jezbel did not choose Brandon (who isn't from Summerhall), or Reagan (who isn't from Shadowbrooke).

7) Reagan of Summerhall was honored to have been chosen by Azreal.

8) Jezbel hatched before the dragon that bonded with Brandon and after the one that will go to Shadowbrooke with Aron.

Answers

Spoiler

Answers are listed in order of hatching:

1) Bael, green, Aron, Shadowbrooke
2) Jezbel, bronze, Elon, Canning
3) Azreal, blue, Reagan, Summerhall
4) Zaria, purple, Brandon, Crannigton
5) Khalel, red, Jaragon, Gorgewater

Standings

Players Total Prior R5 B5.1 Extra

Castellan 74 = 55 + 7 + 7 + 5
Fragile Bird 67 = 63 + 4 + 0 + 0
RhaenysBee 61 = 42 + 15 + 4 + 0
Ser Not Appearing 50 = 41 + 6 + 1 + 2
Eternally Theirs 46 = 34 + 7 + 5 + 0
Howlin' Howland 43 = 32 + 7 + 4 + 0
Lilac & Gooseberries 37 = 27 + 6 + 4 + 0
Julia H.  26 = 26 + 0 + 0 + 0

Please check my calcs.  Spreadsheet issues this week have me a little less certain than usual :) 

Edited by Jez Bell

Round 6 Voting - Brightroar

1)  Leading is our nature!

2)  Discovered emblematic blade: Total "steel"

3)  Lannister's inheritance?  Oops, no!

4)  Deal: Enigmatic blade! (true size)

5)  Victory and legend yours. Rejoice in arms.

Please for for you top 3 in the thread and kindly indicate the round number when you post.

As have been losing players, Round 7 will be our last. :(   

Round 7 - Glass Candle

For sale: "Obsidian Candle", also know as a glass candle.  Legend has it that a burning glass candle allows one to see and speak across the seas and in distant lands.  Imagine the power.  The trick is getting it to burn.

Letters:

L U M E 

M A G I C 

P O R T A L

Let's shoot for Wednesday April 19.  Good luck all!