Loras Tyrell's worst sin

Alester Florent

10 minutes ago, sifth said:

How did Loras cheat, when he faced Gregor again? That one never quite made sense to me.

"It's not cricket".

I use that expression deliberately.  Cricket is in fact, a sport that is riddled with low tricks, to the point that the low tricks are actually part of game.  But, beyond the low tricks, there is cheating.  

Riding a mare on heat was a low trick, but it was (just about) within the rules.  So, it was not cheating.  Of course, attempting to murder Ser Loras as a result was a gross overreaction - and very much, a case of cheating.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

"It's not cricket".

I use that expression deliberately.  Cricket is in fact, a sport that is riddled with low tricks, to the point that the low tricks are actually part of game.  But, beyond the low tricks, there is cheating.  

Riding a mare on heat was a low trick, but it was (just about) within the rules.  So, it was not cheating.  Of course, attempting to murder Ser Loras as a result was a gross overreaction - and very much, a case of cheating.

And yet aiming for the exact weak point on a rookie jousters neck earlier  so he could kill him  for shits and giggles was within the rules!

21 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

And yet aiming for the exact weak point on a rookie jousters neck earlier  so he could kill him  for shits and giggles was within the rules!

Nobody bothered to inspect the lance. It's a bit more obvious in the show but it's clearly just a pole without any sort of blunting (to contrast Ser Hugh has a metal fist at the end of his lance).

My view of Loras' sin is helping Renly pimp out his own sister to Robert.

Archived