UK Politics - Now is the Spring of our Discontent

Which Tyler

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've got no problem with this. If it meant he could get back to work and not quarantine. 

Agreed. Like it or not you need to prioritize a high ranking member of government, especially if there was a chance he too could be infected and may have already possibly spread it while not experiencing any symptoms. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I've got no problem with this. If it meant he could get back to work and not quarantine.

Yeah, but there's an assumption there that Jacob Rees-Mogg being at work was a net positive for the country.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

This prick on the other hand https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64814421

He could work from home?

edit: and he junped the queue over people doing actual frontline jobs, like medical staff who can’t work from home

Laughable that Kemi thinks she's center-right, that was Cameron's coalition government were mile from that now.

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

McDonald’s is probably the cheapest way to get a dinner for a family of 4. It’s insane how cheap a maccy d’s is

Can't disagree with that. Calories per £, McD's has got to be at, or close to, the cheapest option - and that was before the currently costs of turning an oven on.

13 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:
Laughable that Kemi thinks she's center-right, that was Cameron's coalition government were mile from that now.

Where the fuck do they find all these awful people?

We all know it's bollocks. Well, those of us who actually use our eyes, ears, and brains will know it's bollocks.

But as we all know, there are millions of gullible fucking morons in this country who will fall for any old shite smeared across the front pages of the Mail and the Telegraph.

Enormous error of judgement from Sir Keeer.

Starmer has made mistakes, but this won't even register. He won't lose a single percentage point in the polls for appointing Sue Gray at this time or any other.

22 minutes ago, mormont said:

Starmer has made mistakes, but this won't even register. He won't lose a single percentage point in the polls for appointing Sue Gray at this time or any other.

How can you say that? There will definitely be people who suck up the JRM Kool-aid. And Labour's lead in the polls is already shrinking by the day. 

Starmer's team were briefing that appointing Gray was another sign that Labour are 'preparing for Government.'

But why oh why did he insist on doing this at *precisely* the moment the Privileges Committee reports for the first time?

Why not wait a while? Why give the likes of JRM and Hartley-Brewer and all the rest of them any ammunition? It's fucking bizarre.

Johnson whatsapping Hancock: “We’ll need to get heavy with the police to better enforce lockdown breaches.”

Hancock: “yeah.”

Johnson: “We’ll discuss it at tonight’s leaving party.”

Hancock: “can’t make that. Working late with my PA.”

Johnson: “You can make my birthday party yes?”

Hancock: “yeah, see you there!”

Archived