Random facts in ASOIAF nobody really cares about

Willam Stark

While wandering on various forums, I saw some interesting discussions about facts of the saga that are rarely mentioned, I noted some of them:

- There is no chapters in the Westerlands

- Alester Florent is Sam's maternal grandfather

- Selyse is as tall as Stannis who is close to 6'5"

- Daenerys only has two great-grandparents (rather than eight)

- Despite her high inbreeding coefficient, Daenerys has way more First Men blood than Valyrian (even less Targaryen blood)

- The Vale is the only Kingdom in which no PoV was born in it

- The Faith of the Seven doesn't exist anymore in Essos

Do you have any others to add to the list?

43 minutes ago, Willam Stark said:

While wandering on various forums, I saw some interesting discussions about facts of the saga that are rarely mentioned, I noted some of them:

- Despite her high inbreeding coefficient, Daenerys has way more First Men blood than Valyrian (even less Targaryen blood)

The faith does exist in essos man, we are told bravos has a 'sept beyond the sea' one of its many island temples, its  maintained by septas and septons who no doubt live there.

The 7 will show you the way my brethren just believe! 

1 hour ago, Willam Stark said:

There is no way to definitively prove that nobody cares about these facts, though.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:06 PM, Willam Stark said:

Obviously we have to make a lot of assumptions in coming up with a figure, since the Targaryen family tree is much better known than any other.

So let's make the following assumptions:

• Targaryens and Velaryons are 100% Valyrian unless known otherwise; so are the Rogares
  • Each person who marries into the family is 100% dominant heritage of their house unless known otherwise (e.g. Betha Blackwood is 100% First Men, Myriah Martell is 100% Rhoynish, but Aemma Arryn is only 50% Andal since we know she has a Targaryen mother).
  • The Daynes are First Men

Daenerys would have around 10% Valyrian blood, and over 75% First Men blood.

Aegon son of Rhaegar (whether he is the Aegon we have met and love or not) has only aroud 5% Valyrian blood, being over 50% Rhoynish.

Jon Snow, if indeed the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, is even more First Man than Daenerys, around 88%.

All of them have less than 1% Andal blood.

4 minutes ago, James Steller said:

Stannis is probably going to be the last Baratheon/Durrandon who holds Storm's End.

The obvious ending is for Edric Storm to be legitimised and to take over the castle. Of course the series doesn't always play with a straight bat, so there's a very good chance that won't happen. But in a world where blood matters, or is strongly believed to matter by the people who matter (which amounts to the same thing) they'll want a descendant of the Storm Kings in there and Edric is the last one of noble birth.

3 hours ago, The Stannis Inquisition said:

Close. You *can* get Satin from Stannis. Are there any scenes where they're in the same room together? Will my new head canon that Satin is just Stannis in a wig be dashed so soon?

Oh no, I find the evidence that they've never been seen in the same room together very compelling. Not to mention both of their names start with 'S'. The only thing that goes against the theory is that Satin wet himself when the Wildlings were coming, something Stannis would never do. But this can easily be explained by Stannis suffering from urinary incontinence.

23 hours ago, Adelstein said:

The obvious ending is for Edric Storm to be legitimised and to take over the castle. Of course the series doesn't always play with a straight bat, so there's a very good chance that won't happen. But in a world where blood matters, or is strongly believed to matter by the people who matter (which amounts to the same thing) they'll want a descendant of the Storm Kings in there and Edric is the last one of noble birth.

I still think that Mya exists for a reason and she will be handed off as a bride to who ever claims Storm's End.

Archived